Options

How to get enough XP to get to gold.

MacGruberMacGruber Registered Users, Member 158 Posts
How did everyone get enough XP to get to gold? I have all starters and sluggers silver 10, 150k XP, and 30k Gold. What's the best way to get to Gold 10 to cycle WOH easier?

Comments

• Options
    JoshGreenJoshGreen Registered Users, Member 53 Posts
    The last few days they offered an XP box in the store. I picked up a ton of those 
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Cycle like a mad man/women on Mon and Wed. Thats it,
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Yeah Cycling WOH/Slugfest and winning CVC rounds is the best way.
  • Options
    dkarski87 said:
    I need Gold to cycle like a mad man, it's a vicious cycle (no pun intended).
  • Options
    slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Watch videos for gold
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    MacGruber said:
    dkarski87 said:
    To be honest, I didn’t save up a whole lot of Xp. But now that I am in gold I am cycling walk-off like a mad man and getting the XP needed to “catch up” the pitchers. Cycled classic plenty yesterday and it felt wonderful 
  • Options
    MacGruber said:
    dkarski87 said:
    To be honest, I didn’t save up a whole lot of Xp. But now that I am in gold I am cycling walk-off like a mad man and getting the XP needed to “catch up” the pitchers. Cycled classic plenty yesterday and it felt wonderful 
    How many batters did you upgrade? All to Gold 10? Should I ignore the keepers at first? I would assume they alone would take 150k to get Gold 10,
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts

How many batters did you upgrade? All to Gold 10? Should I ignore the keepers at first? I would assume they alone would take 150k to get Gold 10,
    I upgraded all my normal hitters to gold 10 first, then I have actually ditched my keepers (they were only 525 and 515 max). I had a 320 right with left skills and a 320 left with right skills batter with both at 8% on the skills. All my batters are 320 max or higher now which makes it much easier. 

I also swapped teams teams yesterday as the Braves didn’t have a game. That 150 gold is well spent as it saves time autoplaying 
  • Options
    midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    MacGruber said:
    This is how I went into gold:  I capped my top 6 hitters ito Gold 10, my top 4 5 star sluggers to Gold 6, and then started upgrading my Keepers.  It has been about ten days and now my top ace is capped (to use for season mode), both keepers capped and My Legend is at Gold 7.  It was very easy to cycle WOH this week, but I use My Keepers and My Legend for most of the final pitchers in each round.  
    So my order would be:
    1.  First 6 batters (non keepers and Legend)
    2.  Sluggers to Gold 6 (If you've been cycling Slugfest, I was able to cycle bringing them to this level)
    3.  Keepers
    4.  My Legend/Ace/Sluggers to Gold 10
    Many people are ditching their "My Legend" but for those who have them upgraded.  My Legend is a beast in Gold!
  • Options
    @midgetmullet
    Thanks for the detail. The legend will be a beast but I would imagine they cost an arm and a leg.
  • Options
    midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    MacGruber said:
    @midgetmullet
    Thanks for the detail. The legend will be a beast but I would imagine they cost an arm and a leg.
    Yeah it's about 240,000 XP which sounds like a billion but if you can cycle 10Xs on a Monday or Wednesday you could be there very fast.  But that's why I'd cap those others first and let the legend be the cherry on top.