Options

Goodbye Tap Community !

MadswagooMadswagoo Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
Today I decided to walk away from the game. I've been chasing the mythical dragon since 2016. It will never be the same as it used to be. The game has evolved but Glu took advantage. Great people in here and in the game. I know at least 4 other BigStickLegends followed me out the door today. Enjoy the chase, in my case it lasted 3 1/2 Years. Peace

Comments

• Options
    XWizardxXWizardx Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    Good luck....I've gone as far as deleting the app and then reinstalling but not far behind with every event becoming a pay to play.
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Good luck buddy and sorry to see you go. I am in the same situation as you where the way the game has evolved is no longer fun and I just play whenever I am extremely bored or just don't want to do anything else. Gone are the days of grinding non-stop every day.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Take it easy man. Bummer that things didn't work out for you. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Take care @Madswagoo. Been there many times myself. 

@houmy I believe you are in a club by yourself much like I am. The reason for that is because if I don’t play, I don’t feel like I’m letting anyone down. The club, at least for me, became a reason to grind away and that started to make it feel more like work than play. 
  • Options
    MacGruberMacGruber Registered Users, Member 158 Posts

@houmy I believe you are in a club by yourself much like I am. The reason for that is because if I don’t play, I don’t feel like I’m letting anyone down. The club, at least for me, became a reason to grind away and that started to make it feel more like work than play. 
    Are there any reward benefits of your own club (CvC rewards) ? 
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    One day at a time...........LOL
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    edited May 2019
    MacGruber said:

Are there any reward benefits of your own club (CvC rewards) ? 
    Yes I can control the cvc rewards, but the downside is that you are all alone in leveling up your club too. Give and take. I am doing it mostly to be stress free. It’s what I did to finish 2018 and I enjoyed it so I’ve kinda carried it over to 2019
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @Bigpredfan exactly the reason I'm going solo. Play when you want and don't worry about making it about contributing nonstop. 

@MacGruber one benefit, in my experience at least, had been WOH on Mondays. Except this past Monday where I got paired up with xcovex and finished 4th I always finish 1st. Top 2 clubs have always been 1-3 player clubs in my bracket and I am not sure if that's just the luck of the draw or based on some sort of algorithm for solo clubs.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    MadswagooMadswagoo Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    Great bunch on the forums. Loved my club mates and the competition. Hell, everything y’all said is 100% true. I can’t chase the new players that come out every single event. People going 0-30 on boxes etc. I 100% believe it became pay to compete. Maybe I will pop in the forums from time to time to see what’s good. Stay Cool my brothers !
  • Options
    navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    Have fun doing other things besides tapping away. What are you going to do to keep your fingers occupied? Wait, don’t answer that. Take care and see you around the forum.
  • Options
    JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    I just wait it out a lot this year and don’t chase.  I feel like if guys that were frustrated with the game and thought about leaving would play like that and not chase the next best player ghost then they’d be good.  I’ve spent less, watched way more double gold videos, had some luck in the free gift boxes and CVC rewards, and stop trying to make sense of odds.  If you chase for broke then you’ll never be satisfied with this game.  Going solo always works, or even joining a group of guys who don’t push for spending and just wanna have fun.  You should never quit a game you love playing...Sometimes you just have to adapt to bad business situations by Glu and find your own solid ground with playing.   
  • Options
    snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    I am in an extremely relaxed club that doesn’t mind how much you play. Just as long as you are active and put up some points. Been with them since the 2017 version. If it wasn’t for them, I wouldn’t play. Loved the 2017 version. I wish it would go back to that. The anticipation of if you have the bonus player for a particular event is what I miss the most, along with getting players at your level. 
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    snowy24 said:
    I am in an extremely relaxed club that doesn’t mind how much you play. Just as long as you are active and put up some points. Been with them since the 2017 version. If it wasn’t for them, I wouldn’t play. Loved the 2017 version. I wish it would go back to that. The anticipation of if you have the bonus player for a particular event is what I miss the most, along with getting players at your level. 

Drafting players at your own level is such a huge deal.  Once you get past silver, the cost of capping a player is so high that it's not justified unless the guy really improves your team.  That makes the rent-a-bonus player model impossible to sustain for the casual gamer. 

I really miss drafting players at your own level.  Starting every player at bronze 1 is just a kick in our collective balls.