WoH Royale for 5-15-19: Return of the All Stars?

13Next

Comments

• MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Wtf, 5 tries through level 4 in slugfest, lost 4.10. Now can't autoplay past 4.5. I have 7 5* sluggers capped. What the hell is going on?

Edit: +ML capped...

I have found that if you try and fail a couple of times, they ramp up the difficulty substantially.  It's worth spending a little gold to cycle the first time, the whole thing is easier if you do that. 
  • woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    No joke, I spent 1.5 hours on level 3.  Lost to pretty much everyone multiple times from 3-6 to 3-10.  Cruised through levels 4 and 5.   Rethinking my rage decision to go gold.  Maybe I'll hold off for more XP first.   lol
  • LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    Ugh cvc, really? So my choice will be between Escobar PoTW w/season boost and this?
    Same here.
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    edited May 2019
    @KSMETS Same here, so i feel your pain.. Now after getting to 4.10 twice and spening a couple 100 gold i cant get past Baez lol
  • LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    Cycled twice already (Gold). Not a fan of the CvC skill AT ALL though. Lame.
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Got through 3 times so far. Kieboom will be alright till I get my legend a few more levels (Gold 5), a 15 overall upgrade from Escobar.  Stupidly spent gold to force my way past Lester the first time but no real issues since.
  • louisawesomelouisawesome Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    Does anyone have the pitchers for the last few on round five?
    thanks
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Matz L, Miley L, Cueto R, Price L, Sanchez R

RRRRLLLRLR
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    WOH suggestion... let ME tell YOU when I want to attempt to advance a runner like in game play. Love driving the ball to the wall down a run and runner on third but NO advance. 
    Winning run on third will never score on a ball hit to the infield or sac fly.  Tying run will, sometimes.
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    KSMETS said:
    WOH suggestion... let ME tell YOU when I want to attempt to advance a runner like in game play. Love driving the ball to the wall down a run and runner on third but NO advance. 
    Because you need to fire your third base coach.  He's No Rusty Kuntz
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Man, I hope we get towers for both Monday and Weds. Today is so boring. :(
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Yeah going from Thor to Sanchez is a big let down lol.  
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    DFBB said:
    If it wasn't for all the fun I'm having on the forum I would have deleted the app. Need the app to see what the heck ya'll are talking about. The game has been boring from day 1 to me this year.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Mickey Mantle 1 for 7 against Lester now 0 for 5 against Price. 

Isn't he the best option vs lefties? 

Live boost + video boost on top of it.

This was so easy last week. 
    Mickey Mantle has been my biggest roadblock today also.  He is usually an easy win, but today he is struggling.  
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Houmy said:
    DFBB said:
    If it wasn't for all the fun I'm having on the forum I would have deleted the app. Need the app to see what the heck ya'll are talking about. The game has been boring from day 1 to me this year.
    The people have kept me playing more than the game by far 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Houmy said:
    DFBB said:
    In our club, I value chat/personalities much more than tsb points. In fact, I almost don't care about club points..haha
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • soxfansoxfan Registered Users, Member 164 Posts
    edited May 2019
    I'm jealous of the rest of you =/ this has been the hardest woh I've played besides hof. Cycled every non-hof woh so far but cant get passed 4.5 and 4.6. The amount of triple plays I've hit into today is mind boggling. The silver lining is the terrible prize so not much frustration, just bewilderment XD
    I've tried all my lefties (conforto, potm Lowe, ML, my lefty keeper, hosmer) and got live boost now. No dice. All I want to do is curse at wade miley and I'm no where close to earshot =[

Edit: Since posting this I breezed through level 4 and 5. Very odd how I struggled so bad before. Good luck to everyone still chuggin along!
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I used the day amassing resources, my legend is now Gold 8 at 6%, started today at Gold 4 with 0% so it was a good day.  One more week and I’ll have a capped ML to go with one capped keeper (the other hitter is a 525 so I’ll wait on him).  Was also able to cap clutch and in the zone in Gold today too.  I only have one guy at 300 or less now (Grandal but at least he has RHP).  I could see a bump in difficulty coming soon to the normal tower though it wouldn’t likely be drastic.
    edited May 2019
    Same experience as I was slow playing. Hemorrhaged cash in certain spots that I never got stuck before. Thinking about it it could have just been the law of averages coming into play but those difficulties mysteriously disappeared once I fed the Rube GOLDberg machine that cranks out difficulty algorithm what it wanted (surprise, it's gold). Live boost was easy for the most part but I broke even in cash department. Slugfest was no different for once. Only cycled to Chavis and got to level 4 again but wasn't about to lose my shirt auto-playing and don't have the patience anymore to manual play during event so gave up.
  • TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    Slugfest was a joke, with 4 star sluggers at silver 
  • TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts

Yeah, slugfest is the one event where you either have to stay bronze, or win every week to stay current with the best players.  Even in WOH, there are a million ways to acquire top hitters to help you win, including straight cash for elite hitters offered a few times a week.  But in slugfest, there's basically no way to acquire elite sluggers other than beating the tower.  For now, you can buy #1 picks, but the hit rate on 5 stars is so low, and even then, the 5 stars you are getting are not as good as Chavis, Ozuna and Puig, who I believe are the top 3 current sluggers. 

Then once prime sluggers come out, there's no way to get those guys other than cycling, and you're not going to beat prime level opponents with 4 stars. 

• navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    My biggest issue with WOH during Royale is the prize for winning it is not worth much and isn’t a good bonus for the day. The only guy in the ‘19 Call Ups group that is below 325 just happens to be the WOH prize. Doesn’t seem right. In addition, the past couple of weeks, that guy has been bonuses in Tournament mode in which you have to pay 11K cash per entry in gold. 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited May 2019
    I didn't cycle slug the last 2 weeks, but missing Ohtani last week wasn't as big of a deal as not being able to get Chavis yesterday... because, dang, he's pretty good. I did get super lucky with slugger picks from season a couple of times and have the two big dog 5 stars, Trout and Muncy. I also have Gleyber, Yelich, Puig, Ozuna from prior weeks. Hopefully they'll plunk down the PXP in the tower next week (they should have done that this week, since they just gave a bunch of us a prime player on Monday). If they do, I'll have to pony up and start bringing some sluggers to Gold.
    edited May 2019
    Metsicans said:

Yeah, slugfest is the one event where you either have to stay bronze, or win every week to stay current with the best players.  Even in WOH, there are a million ways to acquire top hitters to help you win, including straight cash for elite hitters offered a few times a week.  But in slugfest, there's basically no way to acquire elite sluggers other than beating the tower.  For now, you can buy #1 picks, but the hit rate on 5 stars is so low, and even then, the 5 stars you are getting are not as good as Chavis, Ozuna and Puig, who I believe are the top 3 current sluggers. 

Then once prime sluggers come out, there's no way to get those guys other than cycling, and you're not going to beat prime level opponents with 4 stars. 

I actually pulled Muncy yesterday before event after finishing season. Got Trout and Ohtani from draft picks as well a while ago. 

Metsicans said:

I actually pulled Muncy yesterday before event after finishing season. Got Trout and Ohtani from draft picks as well a while ago. 

I stand corrected! I did not think picks contained sluggers better than what the tower offered.  Still, i think my point remains true--you have to consistently beat slugfest to be confident of beating slugfest every week. 
    Definitely, and yesterday was the hardest it has ever been. Ianetta was jacking dongs at S6 to the tune of 5400 point rounds where when autoplaying using a 5* I was only barely getting 3k. What?!