Yankees vs Rays box.

Comments

• JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    I went for a 3rd box, against my rule, coz they improved the odds, wink wink, and got Romine, Choi, and Alvarado lol... which is great as I hoard bxp for the day I actually get someone of value...maybe in woh?
    The weekend events are a waste in my opinion...But I like the lottery feeling of opening a few boxes each weekend.  Especially since the majority of the gold I have is from double gold collecting.  I don’t set my hopes high so I’m never too disappointed!  I never go past 6 boxes even if I’m spending free gold.  But every single time I know box 7 will be the one 😂 But I don’t test fate of the Glu gods wanting me to have crap.  
    Yup, same here basically...if the club pulls a few bonus guys and we can t5/t6 or something easily, fine, otherwise weekends are about cvc and banter. I set a limit of 2 boxes per event but thought I’d have a small laugh, buy an extra, and still not get anyone from the improved odds lol
    Words to live by.  That’s exactly how I roll on the weekends too.  CVC is where it’s at and I always open an extra box here and there just for a laugh too. If you play the game like that, you’ll never be too pissed off.  A lot of the odds and Glu issues are laughable.  
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Obviously Glu has no clue who Gary Sánchez is
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Nothing beats Prime Gallo from ‘18 with more hit than power when he’s a lifetime like .207 hitter or something.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    edited May 2019
    whammo911 said:

Say what you will but you have got to love the coupling of high speeds and useless skills. Found me a new "gate"

#uselessskillshighspeedgate
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• HomicidalAppleHomicidalApple Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    I pulled three boxes and managed romine twice but also got the Austin meadows. Must say I’m pretty thrilled
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Skills on Sanchez aren’t great but has 216 hit at G10, and if you did have to use a RH vs RH matchup there are worse choices out there, I leveled him up and the discount kinda helped make it a little more palatable.  The players with ideal skills and decent ratings seem to be HoF rewards like Seager or primes that need prime exp that isn’t that plentiful yet.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Opened 7 boxes and got my guy (Garcia). So glad I didn't get Meadows... whew!  :#
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    whammo911 said:
    Look at that mug too..."Aww man, time to be fast again....."
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    whammo911 said:
    What do you mean?  Gary Sanchez ALWAYS does good in cvc in real life 
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    I guess we will see what happens 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    whammo911 said:
    I guess we will see what happens 
    I just pulled him too so im curious hahaha
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Was messing around, bored... opened another 4 boxes... pulled Meadows. Anybody got 200k PXP I can borrow?
  • likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    Dang 4 boxes 4 CC Sabathia
  • woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    I got another CC from CVC.  
  • McSteezy69McSteezy69 Registered Users, Member 35 Posts
    Loool just won two boxes in CVC. Pulled CC in both boxes 😂👎🏻
  • jwehnerjwehner Registered Users, Member 61 Posts
    Pulled Sanchez on 1st try.
  • ChiiChii Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    6 boxes the best I got was Adames.
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    0/3 buying, yandy from cvc, meadows from compensation 
    It's all done with mirrors
  • RookieTapperRookieTapper Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    Brand new to playing this year. I don’t buy any gold. I have an average team, sitting at just above 49000, and I’m silver 10 (I leveled up way too fast because I didn’t realize I should wait and level as I gained a better team). Anyways, the Glu gods have looked down and found favor because I just pulled Meadows. I only have 12,000 prime xp. Is it worth using it all on him or will better prime players be coming soon? Sorry if this is a dumb question! I’m still learning! 
    Brand new to playing this year. I don’t buy any gold. I have an average team, sitting at just above 49000, and I’m silver 10 (I leveled up way too fast because I didn’t realize I should wait and level as I gained a better team). Anyways, the Glu gods have looked down and found favor because I just pulled Meadows. I only have 12,000 prime xp. Is it worth using it all on him or will better prime players be coming soon? Sorry if this is a dumb question! I’m still learning! 
    Not a dumb question at all. I won’t say whether you should level him up or not, but will tell you what I would do. 

If I had a bunch of gold and was willing to spend to get about 30K in prime XP, then I would level him up and stay silver for a while. It takes about 30K to reach silver 10 for players. He will help cycle walk-off for sure and a 370 max player capped right now is huge. 

If I wasn’t planning on capping him at silver 10 in the next week, then I would leave him alone. More prime players will be coming. No sense in getting him to silver 2-4 and leaving him there 
  • Linco32Linco32 Registered Users, Member 74 Posts
    I can really tell that the odds are increased I’ve opened 16 boxes and have got nobody
    You need 22,900 pxp to cap him at silver with what you have in-hand. As @Bigpredfan said, if you can spend gold to do that right now, it would be a hell of an investment for at least the next month but I would consider one other path. If you have your slugger strength up with 4 capped sluggers in silver you could parlay a smaller investment with that 12k pxp now IF pxp is included as a reward this week in slugfest and cycle a few times to cap him then. If not or you're unsure I would hold off until pxp is easier to come by.
    So pretty. Too bad he sucked in the few games so far.......

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Don't get me wrong. I love the sanchize, but I've now pulled him three times. Last week, yady was elusive and apparently, Meadows is playing hard to get this weekend. 🙄
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    Like I was talking to myself...

• Linco32Linco32 Registered Users, Member 74 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Don't get me wrong. I love the sanchize, but I've now pulled him three times. Last week, yady was elusive and apparently, Meadows is playing hard to get this weekend. 🙄
    I like that yadi was so difficult to get then they immediately the next week drop a 10 overall better catcher.
    Linco32 said:
    DFBB said:
    I like that yadi was so difficult to get then they immediately the next week drop a 10 overall better catcher.
    Yet another reason I'm just not into it this year. Don't even bother logging in to play season mode most days. 

• navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    Linco32 said:
    DFBB said:
    Sanchez won’t even compare to Yadi in WOH though. Yadi’s Skills make him a better hitter IMO.
  • RookieTapperRookieTapper Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    Thank y’all for the advice! I got him up to silver 3 and am going to grind for resources and gold so I can get him to silver 10! 
    Soooo that's the new selling point? I wasn't going to but now that it is pointed out that it's animated I may buy 5 or 6 bundles.