Options

Weekly Event Schedule Change

ProfNinjaDaddyProfNinjaDaddy Registered Users, Member 23 Posts

I suggest a change to the weekly event schedule. This year, Slugfest has become wonderful in terms of providing resources for leveling players and teams. However, unlike WoH, bonus games, and prime events, Slugfest isn’t given a day of its own to shine. Here would be a welcome change to the weekly schedule:

Monday: WoH

Tuesday: Bonus Games

Wednesday: Slugfest

Thursday: Royale

Friday-Sunday: Prime

This would give each event an opportunity to shine on their own. Eliminate the doubling of Prime events and allow for a greater collection of resources for those who play daily. Would this be a welcome change to anyone else? Or are there any other ideas to improve the weekly schedule?

Comments

• Options
    BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    edited May 2019
    [ I absolutelyl ove the idea. But there's no way they'll implement it because that would be way too good. Walk off hero 4 days out of the week would allow players to seriously rack up resources, and Glu would be against that. It would be great for us players, but terrible for Glu. And guess who that decision is up to. :/]

The original comment in brackets interpreted the post incorrectly and should be ignored, but I left it there cause then the following comments wouldn't make sense.
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    I like the idea but I don’t think Glu likes slugfest. They definitely relegated it to ugly stepchild status when they introduced Royale. They must have their reasons for not prioritizing it and I doubt they’ll reverse course. 
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I absolutely love the idea. But there's no way they'll implement it because that would be way too good. Walk off hero 4 days out of the week would allow players to seriously rack up resources, and Glu would be against that. It would be great for us players, but terrible for Glu. And guess who that decision is up to. :/
    His original solution still only had walk-off and 2 days a week. He just had slugfest as its own day and removed the prime sprint event as having its own day. 
  • Options
    I absolutely love the idea. But there's no way they'll implement it because that would be way too good. Walk off hero 4 days out of the week would allow players to seriously rack up resources, and Glu would be against that. It would be great for us players, but terrible for Glu. And guess who that decision is up to. :/
    As @Bigpredfan mentioned, WoH would only be on Monday and Thursday (as a part of Royale). In the above format, each event would have it’s own day/event as well as a part of the Royale on Thursday.
  • Options
    BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    @Bigpredfan Never mind. I read it incorrectly. Now that I can actually read it correctly I'll slap my agree on it. Scratch my previous comment cause this sounds like a good idea.
  • Options
    TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    Royale should be the weekend, with bonus players being earned through the weekday events, TO INCLUDE POTW AND POTM. it's absolutely ridiculous that they charge so much for the potw/potm for 2 friggen events each week
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Here is my opinion on why this won’t happen and I’ll give my solution on how I would fix it. 

Too many any people don’t want to level up a full team and a full set of sluggers. Glu realized that as last year progressed, a lot of people started to forget the sluggers (especially when they introduced the 6th level). I was one of these people. I would get to level 5 and the 15K prime XP and quit for the day as I wasn’t going to level up prime sluggers and prime players for the team I used 6/7 days a week. So they introduce Royale where if you don’t have sluggers, Wednesday was relevant for you again. 

I have 2 solutions for this to make slugfest slightly more appealing. 

1.  Sluggers start at your team level. As they are more expensive to level up, allow them to start at your team level instead of bronze 1. Normal players could still be bronze 1 from the start as we use them everyday. But sluggers are only good, for club points, one day a week. So I won’t invest as much in them. 
    2.  Have all players like the “my legend” where they can play both slugfest and be normal roster players. Not at the cost of the my legend of course because that player constantly will evolve, but now I invest in 1 player and can use him across all game modes. 
  • Options
    Here is my opinion on why this won’t happen and I’ll give my solution on how I would fix it. 

Too many any people don’t want to level up a full team and a full set of sluggers. Glu realized that as last year progressed, a lot of people started to forget the sluggers (especially when they introduced the 6th level). I was one of these people. I would get to level 5 and the 15K prime XP and quit for the day as I wasn’t going to level up prime sluggers and prime players for the team I used 6/7 days a week. So they introduce Royale where if you don’t have sluggers, Wednesday was relevant for you again. 

I have 2 solutions for this to make slugfest slightly more appealing. 

1.  Sluggers start at your team level. As they are more expensive to level up, allow them to start at your team level instead of bronze 1. Normal players could still be bronze 1 from the start as we use them everyday. But sluggers are only good, for club points, one day a week. So I won’t invest as much in them. 
    2.  Have all players like the “my legend” where they can play both slugfest and be normal roster players. Not at the cost of the my legend of course because that player constantly will evolve, but now I invest in 1 player and can use him across all game modes. 
    I agree completely with you statement about #2. Which ever players are on your roster should have a “Slugging” rating, similar to your created legend, as well. And just like any other event, you can swap out players that are event specific; i.e. CvC, WoH, Bonus Game skilled players. They could even include a new “Slugfest” skill. By doing so, then then force people to use more resources on these skilled players and still retain the number of players that they can add in any given week.
  • Options
    barnstormbombersbarnstormbombers Registered Users, Member 96 Posts
    edited May 2019
    I would love:
    Monday : bonus games
    Tuesday - prime / cvc
    Wednesday - woh
    Thursday - prime/cvc
    Friday - Sunday: royale/cvc
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    That schedule would countermand the direction the developers took when introducing Royale.  I know that slugfest has its fans, but overall I don’t think its very popular and know more than a few who just wouldn’t play that day when it was offered on its own. Look around at profiles and see how many completely unimproved slugger teams there are around global......I would say that we’re lucky it hasn’t been completely scrapped and that it still exists in the guise of Royale.  
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Royale should be the weekend, with bonus players being earned through the weekday events, TO INCLUDE POTW AND POTM. it's absolutely ridiculous that they charge so much for the potw/potm for 2 friggen events each week

To be fair, the real benefit of PotW and POTMs outside of scoring points in events is that:
         -they have excellent odds and are relatively easy to “win”
         -you can use these players to get over the “hump” in events line WOH or season playoffs. 
         -their juiced ratings mean that for under 3k usually a player can walk away with a true stud who is just about as good as anyone and most likely better than all the players on most rosters.  

Players in my club on a bad streak chasing meadows this past weekend went into the mid triple figures (yeah.....OUCH!!!). They are CHEAP for how good they are.  It’s all relatively speaking, but it’s long established that this game rewards deep pockets, so while not free, potws and POTMs are definitely a lighter shade of grey.  

• Options
    If I could change anything it would be to constantly have ongoing CVC seasons to curb evo hunting.  I love evo hunting and would still go but would love glu’s Course of Action to try and control players and keep us in clubs related than roaming around by offering more CvC s (more prizes, more xp!!!!) 

BTW, it’s happening already.......hope it continues and expands.   
  • Options
    tomciz2tomciz2 Registered Users, Member 60 Posts
    Eliminate clash it’s terrible
  • Options
    Same as CvC for me.  
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Right, agree with what some already posted.  There is a reason a reason slugfest/derby doesnt have its on day anymore.  Its not a real popular event for the big spenders in this game and those that are doing it usually dont spend a ton of gold to clear it.   Its kind of a lose/lose in that aspect for the company.   Coupled with the cost to level sluggers being more then regular players its just easier to ignore for most.  If you are ok being silver and below for a while then slugfest can still be productive event and there's no reason you cant play it on royale days.  Otherwise gold and higher people can focus on WOH.
  • Options
    Right, agree with what some already posted.  There is a reason a reason slugfest/derby doesnt have its on day anymore.  Its not a real popular event for the big spenders in this game and those that are doing it usually dont spend a ton of gold to clear it.   Its kind of a lose/lose in that aspect for the company.   Coupled with the cost to level sluggers being more then regular players its just easier to ignore for most.  If you are ok being silver and below for a while then slugfest can still be productive event and there's no reason you cant play it on royale days.  Otherwise gold and higher people can focus on WOH.
    I completely agree that the cost of leveling sluggers beyond silver tends to get ridiculous with all the other players that you need to level up for all other events. The easy solution would be to allow your regular rostered players to act as your slugfest team. Add a “Slugfest” skill (similar to that of WoH, bonus games or CvC) to certain players. Some people, similar to those who chase CvC or WoH skilled players, will still seek to level and spend the resources to have a quality team. And then similar to WoH, the reward players may or may not be bonus players for that event, but instead for a different event, forcing people to play all events in any given Royale to accumulate all the bonus/improved players.
  • Options
    matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    edited May 2019
    His original solution still only had walk-off and 2 days a week. He just had slugfest as its own day and removed the prime sprint event as having its own day. 
    We dont need a sprint event anyway we have the weekend and 3 days of that crap is way past enough.

Honestly WOH hero for me anymore is a bone of contention but I'm trying not to bitch too much today
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• Options
    **SEE NEW SLUGFEST SKILL FEED — continuation of this post