WoH for 5-20-19: The Towers at a Crossroad?

Comments

• matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Prime Posey in the box now if the franchise posey would just drop off my team.......
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Houmy said:
    DFBB said:

As much as I need Nolan, 
    Keep in mind his speed. Another thing I am not a fan of recently is these high speeds that make the players less effective for WOH.

I think with these 370 guys released, the only way to keep them somewhat towards the pack is the high speed.  Otherwise they are even more powerful obviously then they already are.   Meadows is the same way

The 370 guys are impressive, but I think chasing them makes zero sense, especially if the high ratings are speed dependent.  They are so expensive to level, and as we all know, 370 primes are ephemeral in their effectiveness.  They'll be obsolete too quickly for me to justify blowing 30K gold on leveling them. 
  • sugarshortssugarshorts Registered Users, Member 74 Posts
    Classic level 3 a joke.  Lol
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    edited May 2019
    Metsicans said:
    DFBB said:
    If you don’t need Santana and are going to trade him in at the end of the day.  Is it still beneficial to bring him to G1 after getting him, if you are going to cycle 8-10 times?  That way you can get the higher xp for the trade ins?  Or not waste xp?
    Yes. I don't need Santana(ML is a 1b), but I will take him to g1. The xp gained in gold is huge!

I keep reading that xp at Gold is better, but I'm not understanding how -- aren't WOH rewards the same regardless of your level?  What am I missing?
    When you get a duplicate player, he gets leveled up one time (like gold 1-2 for instance), and you get the XP as if you have traded the player in. So when you get a player to gold 10, his trade in value is much higher than silver 10. 

I will have to wait later today to start. I guess field day is gonna hold me back some as a PE teacher 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited May 2019
    Mantle seems about the same as last week. Already 0 for 8 against Lester. Come on, really? LOL

EDIT: Live boost cannot even save me from Lester... 0 for 10 now.
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Mantle seems about the same as last week. Already 0 for 8 against Lester. Come on, really? LOL
    Yup, RNG purgatory in 4 and starting in 5 now with Miley, 0/5 w/ML. I used Alonso on Lester last week and he crushed him every time. 0/3 this week. Finally got by next trip with HoF Edgar. Once I lose to Miley I start losing on 5.5 and even lost to Matz of all people with Edgar, which has never happened until today. Probably just law of averages but would have been nice to cycle before live boost kicks in...
  • midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:

I switched My Legend for Mantle against Lester and had an easier time.
  • sugarshortssugarshorts Registered Users, Member 74 Posts
     Beat  classic.   Way too hard for classic id say tho. Took some gold 
  • woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    Mays 0 for 2 on Lester so far.
    edited May 2019
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Yup, RNG purgatory in 4 and starting in 5 now with Miley, 0/5 w/ML. I used Alonso on Lester last week and he crushed him every time. 0/3 this week. Finally got by next trip with HoF Edgar. Once I lose to Miley I start losing on 5.5 and even lost to Matz of all people with Edgar, which has never happened until today. Probably just law of averages but would have been nice to cycle before live boost kicks in...
    woohoo77 said:
    Mays 0 for 2 on Lester so far.
    I'm starting to think that Prime XP might be more beneficial to level up the double skills of great keepers (which we can use through out the game) instead of spending the crazy amounts for the new shiny Prime XP players.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Everything in HOF the same again this week.  GL all

• benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:

@j@JEDDDOGGY I use Mantle against Bum - use my legend for Lester even though he has RH skills and he does better. Not really logical but has worked for me for a few weeks
  • JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Anybody know the last 4 pitchers on classic level 5?  I’m making an attempt to beat it today.  
    edited May 2019
    Miley, Familia, Manea, Alvarado (?)
    LRLR
    Anyone have the full list of all levels of DTI? I could've sworn I had that saved on my phone...

Also, @benny100 @midgetmullet - I don't have the ML leveled to Gold, so unfortunately I'm stuck with Mantle or Alonso there :(  I finally got through. Seems to work in streaks as I had a bunch of trouble the first half of the day last Wednesday and then seemed like he was passing him without any issues at all after some point.
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Anyone have the full list of all levels of DTI? I could've sworn I had that saved on my phone...

Also, @benny100 @midgetmullet - I don't have the ML leveled to Gold, so unfortunately I'm stuck with Mantle or Alonso there :(  I finally got through. Seems to work in streaks as I had a bunch of trouble the first half of the day last Wednesday and then seemed like he was passing him without any issues at all after some point.
    PITCHER L/R
    BASSITT R
    BARRIA R
    ALLEN R
    ARMSTRONG R
    VIZCAINO R
    WORKMAN R
    RICHARDS  R
    ARANO R
    SIPP
    MCCULLERS  R

LEAKE R
    TEPERA R
    BURNES  R
    URENA
    MILLER R
    PARKER R
    RAMOS R
    MAEDA R
    THOR R
    LUGO R

MUSGROVE R
    FRY L
    FIERS R
    HARDY L
    CLEVINGER R
    ROMO R
    CHAVEZ R
    HILL L
    KNEBEL R
    DAVIS R

TANAKA R
    STRASBURG R
    MIKOLAS R
    MORTON R
    SANCHEZ R
    OH R
    KLUBER R
    JANSEN R
    KERSHAW L
    NOLA R

BUEHLER R
    VAZQUEZ L
    YATES R
    SNELL L
    SMITH L
    HAND L
    STROP R
    JEFFRESS R
    PADDACK R
    SNELL L

VERLANDER R
    STRAHM L
    DARVISH R
    HICKS R
    CASTILLO R
    TRIENEN R
    MIKOLAS R
    YATES R
    HAMELS L
    THOR R
    Sorry not the best format but there ya go @JEDDDOGGY
    Nice :) Thanks @Mattattack
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I’m losing autoplay all over the place I’d never normally have issues with, took me an hour just to get through classic, Lester took 4 attempts meh.  4.9 atm on HoF lots of weak contact/DPs today.
    JEDDDOGGY said:

As annoying as it seems, try using your 40 gold boost on him.  I accidently clicked on ML and had to use Mantle and he passed easily.
  • JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Beat classic today too.  Seems pretty hard to me.  No chance I’d beat anything higher.  
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    Pulled Arenado from the classic rewards box (2%)!
    Almost three hours in and I'm still on level 4 of classic.  sigh
    Miley is unbeatable this cycle attempt against ML, boosted & live boost. OKAY.
    JFC... after beating 5-10.

edited May 2019
    You guys are gonna laugh me out of the building here, but I had way less trouble with DTI than I did Classic.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that I didn't get Arenado. Meh.
  • snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    For some unknown reason, classic was way easier than warmup for me. 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    edited May 2019
    snowy24 said:
    For some unknown reason, classic was way easier than warmup for me. 
    *Unknown reason

*GLU dev: HOLD MY BEER!!!!
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    Yeeet
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    So I do have a question... I got Santana, Leveled him to gold 10, then got him again, is there bxp that I get for obtaining an already capped player or, just fuggetaboutit
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.