Options

Are Keepers worth it?

cmorr23cmorr23 Registered Users, Member 68 Posts
at this stage in the game are Keepers still worth investing in? There are a lot of players coming out that are much higher overall and it seems as though by the time the Max Overall for Keepers is back to normal they will be worthless. Anyone else feel this way?

Comments

• Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Depends who you're keepers are.  I have Ichiro and Mantle and dont plan on ever leaving them behind.  I'd say if they are 540 max overall and higher they are worth keeping.   Keep in mind the keeper factor will eventually reach 100 and its only been raised 2 percent so far.   They are a 1 time investment and if you factor all the players that you level and eventually dont use, its a no brainer for me.  But again depends who your keepers are and what you want out of the game.   Everyone is different.
  • Options
    UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    @cmorr23 yes if your keeper true max is 540 and above. The resources are costly, but my Babe Ruth kills for me in WoH. Remember they may cost a lot now, but they will be some of the highest rated players in the game over time. The key to saving up your resources for your keepers is to stop wasting them on every bonus player you get or every player that’s a marginal upgrade to your team
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,722 Posts
    I agree. That’s why I don’t waste many resources on bonus players
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Until now I would've said "yes, definitely, keepers are worth it" except Mantle has been nothing short of horrendous the last 2 weeks in WOH and we have primes outranking them by 30 overall. Now, I'm not so sure.
  • Options
    Punkers777Punkers777 Registered Users, Member 236 Posts
    My biggest concern is that future primes and legends will always outrank keepers, even if you have 540+ keepers. My Mantle is currently max at 341, which is a significant delta from the 370 prime max. I just don't know if keepers will be leveled up at the same pace as the prime releases. But hopefully glu will keep them on par with primes/legends if you have a keeper that is 540+. 
  • Options
    matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    I still use my Mays...today even for giants bonuses

Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• Options
    My biggest concern is that future primes and legends will always outrank keepers, even if you have 540+ keepers. My Mantle is currently max at 341, which is a significant delta from the 370 prime max. I just don't know if keepers will be leveled up at the same pace as the prime releases. But hopefully glu will keep them on par with primes/legends if you have a keeper that is 540+. 
    This was kind of the reason for my question. If they keep releasing primes at this rate they will be a better option than the Keepers. And by the time Keepers out rank the primes they will introduce legends that out rank both Keepers and primes 
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    My biggest concern is that future primes and legends will always outrank keepers. 
    Again...keep in mind that the keeper factor has only been raised 2%.   It will eventually be raised from 62 to 100 over time.   To say that primes  WILL ALWAYS outrank them seems a little extreme to me.  Consider how PXP is still very tough to come buy unless you devote money or resources to it.   Meadows, Nolan and Yelich look nice and pretty now but like all players they have a shelf life.  Keepers in all likely hood will not.  Granted I figured the keepers boosts would be more frequent/higher by now.   Again just my opinion and depends on your situation.
  • Options
    My biggest concern is that future primes and legends will always outrank keepers. 
    Again...keep in mind that the keeper factor has only been raised 2%.   It will eventually be raised from 62 to 100 over time.   To say that primes  WILL ALWAYS outrank them seems a little extreme to me.  Consider how PXP is still very tough to come buy unless you devote money or resources to it.   Meadows, Nolan and Yelich look nice and pretty now but like all players they have a shelf life.  Keepers in all likely hood will not.  Granted I figured the keepers boosts would be more frequent/higher by now.   Again just my opinion and depends on your situation.
    I agree that it’s easier to have resources for Keepers and definitely thought they would be higher than they are now. But I my concern is at the rate they are increasing them it will be way too long until they reach their full potential and someone will always be better than them. Or at least that’s my thoughts on it
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Keepers will still slowly climb and well go through many primes over the season so for now I’d say they’re still worth it especially as while expensive still only use blue exp.
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    cmorr23 said:
    at this stage in the game are Keepers still worth investing in? There are a lot of players coming out that are much higher overall and it seems as though by the time the Max Overall for Keepers is back to normal they will be worthless. Anyone else feel this way?
    I would venture to guess that if you notice the lineups that multi-cycle DTI, the common denominator will be that they capped their keepers. Outside of primes, no other players can match them. Speaking of which, I kind of like what GLU is doing with primes. They've made them better than keepers, but obviously, they have a finite shelf life. They will eventually fade while keepers, who are next tier, will continue to presumably be 2nd tier indefinitely. I liken it to a happy medium where players who invested in their keepers continue to be rewarded while those who seek to have the best players will still have something to chase; which, of course, is important for GLU. I digressed a bit there, but I absolutely feel like they're worth their weight in gold. I love DTI and I just can't imagine having much success without my keepers. Also, goes without saying, but this assumes that the keepers are ideal for WoH(mantle/Ichiro/clark, etc.)
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.