Options

Help me understand how to enjoy this game

roysmalleyroysmalley Registered Users, Member 26 Posts
First week or so after I picked it up... maybe even a month, I thought the game was outstanding. Every week presented itself with opportunities to expand upon my team, make it better. I seldomly had any bonus players to help out my club but that was ok, I still had a good time playing.

Now things seem to have come to a stand still. I am Silver V, strength of 49.5K, and I seem to be dead in the water. I haven't pulled a 5 star player in ages, I can barely beat the classic level of WOH, all of the boxes I've invested in haven't paid out and I'm teetering on being out of gold. And then an event like today shows up... I have zero bonus players and Im not going to waste what little gold I have on attempting to achieve one. So what motivation is there for me to keep playing? Club events are flat out boring if you don't have a bonus player. I'm not going to sink any cash into this game.

What's the point? Is there something I am missing? Madden at least felt like I could gain an edge by completing skill comps and what not. But there doesn't seem to be anything here if you don't spend your own cash.

Comments

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Part of the fun/challenge, regardless of cash cash spent, is being resourceful. Due to the nature of the game, our club only plays together twice a week. CvC, meanwhile, is an amazing way to improve your team and you can basically do it for free. By that, I mean, without spending much or any gold. 

Whatever is fun for you, go with that. I love building my team and trying to stay one step ahead. Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't. Regardless, that's what I enjoy. Find your niche and embrace it!
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    I play WOH, CVC, and Slugfest. Sometimes I will play prime, but I find it completely mind numbing, so I don’t invest that much time into it. Rest of the time I watch vids for gold, like today is the perfect day to watch vids for gold. 

I am with DFBB. I think building your team is the funnest part of this game. 
  • Options
    roysmalleyroysmalley Registered Users, Member 26 Posts
    No I agree, but I seem to have been stalled out with building my team. There seems to be a limited amount of ways to do so... win WOH or pull a player in a box.

I can't win squat for WOH, and I'm tired of spending gold with no return.

Only other way to improve would be to work on moving to gold and I don't think that's a good idea yet.
  • Options
    matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    I should have taken shots of my team at the start then now...I love my team now and im staying at gold capped. some times the thrill of the chase is it for me.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• Options
    sarge268sarge268 Registered Users, Member 80 Posts
    For me it’s the chase to get the players I love to watch, always improving my team and trying to help my club. I mostly play WOH, and CVC. I’ve started playing Slugfest this year, but I agree the prime events are boring. I spend a little money here and there but nowhere near enough to earn VIP. So I watch videos for gold and just enjoy the game as it is. 
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    @roysmalley I'm at a lower level than you, and I've played in the past, both times, having a similar experience. The bottom line is this is a really slow- build game, but it hooks you in by giving you a dirt-cheap team with very affordable ways to make it much better quickly. Back in the beginning, top picks actually improve your team, and you can get them at a pretty reasonable rate. 

Then you have no need for 3-star guys, and you're at the mercy of poor posted odds that are far worse in reality. The fun of building is over, you start losing more often and you get to where you are now; you need luck and cash/gold if you want to keep building. Get the gold, you'll get the luck eventually. 
  • Options
    BizertoBizerto Registered Users, Member 105 Posts
    You drink @roysmalley 🍻