Tell GLU no. Do not spend on bad offers!!!

HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
This is probably the first time I am advocating not spending money after having defended GLU's right to turn a profit so many times before. GLU needs to realize that they can't just change the rules & offers anytime they see fit to see just how many bite. This new offer of 6 Defenders bundle for $19.99 is a prime example. Used to be 10 and then they changed it to 9 and just released one for 6. If the top player odd was higher than 2% I would understand the price tag but this offer just reeks of extreme greed and zero loyalty towards paying customers.

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Comments

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    The reason this one is 6 is because of the 20% odds. It’s 700 gold instead of 500 in the store for the same reason 
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    Their argument is going to be the 20% chance at at 5 Star special player, which is a bunch of B.S.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    The reason this one is 6 is because of the 20% odds. It’s 700 gold instead of 500 in the store for the same reason 
    Odd shows as 2% on mine unless I am mistaken?

• navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    In 18, 10 boxes for $19.99 was equal to using 5K gold. This year for 500 gold boxes, they only offer 9 boxes which is 4500 in gold. These 6 boxes only equal to 4200 in gold. They are getting more stingy everyday.
    Houmy said:
    2% on the prime, 18% on the special 5-star players for a total of 20. I actually got Cain already which is the only one I wanted at 340 blue XP with a LHP skill for a RHB 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Houmy said:
    2% on the prime, 18% on the special 5-star players for a total of 20. I actually got Cain already which is the only one I wanted at 340 blue XP with a LHP skill for a RHB 
    Were the odds on top player not 2% before when they offered 10 picks for $20.00?

Houmy said:
    Houmy said:
    Were the odds on top player not 2% before when they offered 10 picks for $20.00?
    I honestly don’t remember the weekend player box odds at the end of 2018’s run. I feel like it was 2.5% and 7.5% for the weekend super bonuses 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited May 2019
    Houmy said:
    Houmy said:

If I remember correctly, It was 1% for the top player and 5% odds for the specialty players. By comparison, the $20 for 6 boxes are a significantly better value when you factor the odds. The 1% odds is the specific reason I didn't chase Will Clark at the end of the year.

Edit: It was 2.5% for the legends and I only wanted Will so he was roughly .75 %; The other box had a LL(Degrom) that was 1%.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    DFBB said:
    Houmy said:
    Houmy said:

If I remember correctly, It was 1% for the top player and 5% odds for the specialty players. By comparison, the $20 for 6 boxes are a significantly better value when you factor the odds. The 1% odds is the specific reason I didn't chase Will Clark at the end of the year.
    Early in the year it was straight 2.5% for a 5-star specialty player. It was awful 
    @Bigpredfan is right about the 7.5%. My recall is a bit off today. I generally just focused on the chase players though.
    I don’t foresee TSB moving forward and making it 2020. I’ve played on many good clubs in the past 2 seasons...nearly 25-30% quit. Greed always loses

Less than two months ago, GLU signed an extension through 2024 with MLB....
  • JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Glu will continue to succeed.   There will always be dedicated players who have the money to waste and don’t really care about odds.  Anyone who says the odds are good or Glu is solid just really loves the game lol and love is blind!
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    I bought 1 before reading this thread ...as any forum post from Houmy, DFBB, etc hold value in my opinion. But I'm so glad I bought my box deal, got Cain & Posey. Hoping Slugfest delivers PXP tomorrow and my stack of primes can get some boosting (Yelich, Meadows, Arenado, & now Posey)
  • gdc23gdc23 Registered Users, Member 42 Posts
    Its pretty bushleague that POTW no longer work on tuesdays

The Monday WOH that used to work on Tuesday was a nice link - shame they got rid of it. 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    gdc23 said:
    Its pretty bushleague that POTW no longer work on tuesdays

The Monday WOH that used to work on Tuesday was a nice link - shame they got rid of it. 
    That’s why I quit buying and upgrading them
  • newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    Houmy said:
    @Bigpredfan was referring too.