Are GLU deliberately taking down videos? What's going on?

LondonBoyLondonBoy Registered Users, Member 47 Posts
Why do videos keep going down?  Problems for the last few days
Prev1

Comments

• TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
    A lot of different reasons they are saying. There should be a thread name Video Issues under General Discussions. Go through there on page two there is 2 different answers on 2 differ tickets submitted. 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    No.......for me the videos work fine but I live in a different region than most of you (Bali).   So it’s not a GLU driven program.   
  • spoomanspooman Registered Users, Member 71 Posts

• tdh23tdh23 Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    So the advertisers turn the videos back on when we collect our daily reward at 8:00 pm. Then we watch our limit than off again till 8:00 pm. 
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    They keep recycling that answer Spooman got. For years. Complete BS. 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    The thing is once ANYONE hits the 125 vid limit they’re done until either 8pm or they reset ad tracking in privacy. Odds are okay I guess we are in similar demographic but come on, it all started at the same time to EVERYONE. That indicates either a change that was made that theyre (someone) is neglecting to disclose or a system is broken.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    The thing is once ANYONE hits the 125 vid limit they’re done until either 8pm or they reset ad tracking in privacy. Odds are okay I guess we are in similar demographic but come on, it all started at the same time to EVERYONE. That indicates either a change that was made that theyre (someone) is neglecting to disclose or a system is broken.
    Be glad it’s 125 videos. It was 20 back when I started 
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    @Bigpredfan It's not the fact that it's 125 videos or 20 videos,; it's the fact that they're severely crippling players like me who rely on video watching from Thursday through Sunday, since the rewards for everything else are garbage. 500 gold a day is pathetic considering the fact that I would make 3,000 gold per day and spend it all throughout the week. 500 gold a day will get me 1 DTI restart and a 5% slugging boost. Not gonna cut it.
    Considering there is no 2x gold right now makes one think this is intentional and not just uninformed and confusing CS responses.
    @Bigpredfan It's not the fact that it's 125 videos or 20 videos,; it's the fact that they're severely crippling players like me who rely on video watching from Thursday through Sunday, since the rewards for everything else are garbage. 500 gold a day is pathetic considering the fact that I would make 3,000 gold per day and spend it all throughout the week. 500 gold a day will get me 1 DTI restart and a 5% slugging boost. Not gonna cut it.
    Not disagreeing with you at all, but imagine resetting the identifier 6X the amount you are right now for the same amount of videos. I have reset my identifier since about half way through 2018, but having to do it every 20 videos made it a lot harder. My point was be glad the limit is much higher than it was in the past.  
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Put me in the camp of something with videos is just broken right now and they’ll fix it eventually.  The 20 video limit last season for a few days was a much more painful experience anyway.  I haven’t been over 125 since probably Tuesday.  Remains to be seen if this limit stays or not, if it does it will drive a few away but I’m guessing the average player isn’t coming near that amount most days.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited May 2019
    They've probably been seeing all of our screenshots with 50-100k gold and decided enough was enough lol.

Seriously though, people are raking it in on double gold weekends and being stingy with boxes this year. Keep hearing about people getting jailed for the > 100k gold threshold. I put up about 32k gold the last double weekend from videos and some offers. Would not be the least bit surprised if they're going to go ahead and enforce limitations on the no and low spenders.
    That's what I don't get @JEDDDOGGY . It seems like a blanket policy. I spend gold from grinding, always do even if I tell myself I am going to save it. Yet I've run out of vids twice now. Design a better reward system instead of punishing people for taking advantage of what you've put in place. These people can get eff'd. Seems like every 2 weeks I'm on the edge of trashing the app. Maybe this is the last straw...
    That's what I don't get @JEDDDOGGY . It seems like a blanket policy. I spend gold from grinding, always do even if I tell myself I am going to save it. Yet I've run out of vids twice now. Design a better reward system instead of punishing people for taking advantage of what you've put in place. These people can get eff'd. Seems like every 2 weeks I'm on the edge of trashing the app. Maybe this is the last straw...
    But that’s the cycle. Every 2-3 weeks I’ll get fed up with the game. I even quit for one whole month!!!!!!  But here I am right back at it 

if if it is Glu making a decision, it is a business decision. They probably make more money when you buy the gold instead of watching the videos. It’s not punishing people for watching videos, it’s about Glu trying to stop people from watching videos all day long. So many people say “this event sucks I’m going to watch videos!”  Well guess what, Glu may have reacted. 
    @Bigpredfan Well, the event still suck, and now I can't watch videos.

Hell yeah!
    edited May 2019
    The time I am in the game is money for Glu, whether it's right now or in the future. Watching vids is not some free activity that only I benefit from. It is time spent for me and meta data from my device. I am willingly making that trade. If they are reacting and changing the rules without informing other parties that could result in a ban as has happened in the past apparently then hell, I will react and not only NOT put time into the app but stop spending ANY money and more than likely stop playing the game altogether. Granted, there are people that will keep coming back but there aren't enough to sustain this company. If it's a business decision it is a bad one when morale is clearly waning in regards to stale events and new boxes/players literally every day.
    @dustyhunks Well said. Couldn't agree more.
    edited May 2019
    @dustyhunks I agree mostly. The one thing I think you're wrong about is not having enough users to sustain a business. 

Check this guy out that spent 2 million on a mobile game (yikes):
    https://venturebeat.com/2016/10/14/the-deanbeat-this-player-spent-2-million-in-a-mobile-game-then-he-led-a-boycott/

There are people spending 25k, 50k, 100k and more on this game every year. It's insane, but it's true. Yes, they need some fish to swim with the sharks, but there are more than plenty that will stick around and even more that are out there and have yet to join and start playing. The people like us on the forums that watch 500 videos a day are a minority. Most people are far more casual about their gameplay. 

Glu makes 99% of their money off of probably 1% of their users. They could literally just jail everyone who doesn't spend a dime and their bottom line would continue to look just fine. It's why when we submit CS tickets that they are rude, condescending and don't waste any time on our "issues".. because they give don't a rat's @ss about f2p people like us.

It stinks, but that's the reality of the situation imo.

@Bigpredfan Well, the event still suck, and now I can't watch videos.

Hell yeah!
    I’m with y’all that the limiting of the videos isn’t as good for us. I typically watch enough videos in a day to get 800 gold daily. But I’m just trying to look at it from a different perspective and see the what the other side sees. 
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    yet they "make" you watch ten when they release an "achievement" reward. I think my favorite though is IF they heard the event sucks so we are going to watch videos and decided to limit gold videos rather than FIX the events so we want to play those rather than watch videos. 
     @JEDDDOGGY You're not wrong but I still wanted to say those things. I'm optimistic collectively people will come to their senses, all parties involved.
    edited May 2019
    My videos quit again this morning, just now. I have hardly watched any this morning and didn't watch any more last night than what it took to get a few boosts in WOH. So idk, that makes me think maybe it's some kind of Tapjoy problem/issue rather than Glu limiting our videos? Who knows. It just doesn't seem to be an exact number (at least not for me).
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    mine just went down about 10 minutes ago
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
     @JEDDDOGGY You're not wrong but I still wanted to say those things. I'm optimistic collectively people will come to their senses, all parties involved.
    Rarely do those people come to their senses... and we have addiction issues.... perfect storm
    It's all done with mirrors
    KSMETS said:
    yet they "make" you watch ten when they release an "achievement" reward. I think my favorite though is IF they heard the event sucks so we are going to watch videos and decided to limit gold videos rather than FIX the events so we want to play those rather than watch videos. 
    There is such a disconnect in terms of logic vs making money. "Hey, I see you're killing it in [SOME_TIER] so it's time to lose now, k? You should move up to [ANOTHER_TIER] like now. What's that? You need to win to move up but can't win anymore? Well, if you moved up to [ANOTHER_TIER] you would win so problem solved. Enjoy losing to win!"
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    @dustyhunks I think the logic disconnect is what is driving most of us absolutely mad about this game. Maybe that is just me.

edited May 2019
    @dustyhunks SKILL AND EXPERTISE DOES MATTER?!? Lmfao CS has me rolling.
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    There isn’t enough time, space, or patience to show all the ridiculous/absurd/nonsensical stuff that is done or said, on a daily basis, by pretty well everyone associated with the company. I’m tryna figure out what’s wrong with me that I can’t kick the addiction to still be putting myself thru this stuff on a daily basis.... 🤪
    It's all done with mirrors
    LOL you and me both @Sandpipers