Do we know what results in a ban?

BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
Last year, many players fell victim to the fact that resetting the advertisement ID caused an irreversible ban by Glu with no warning that doing so would cause a ban. I was one of those players, and I ended up abandoning the game for months. Now, we are faced with a similar decision. Does opting out of ads personalization and opting back in a certain number of times get you banned? Obviously, Glu will not be helpful whatsoever, but I was wondering if any of you guys knew. It seems eerily similar to last year and I wonder if our "workaround" has the same consequences.

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I don't believe GLU would jail you, but it's specifically against tapjoy's policy to reset ads and/or opt out of of the ads personalization. Last year, I wasn't aware of the policy until after the fact. I was never banned from TJ, but they did instantly fail my offers. However, I wrote to them and they were understanding and adjusted my account so that it would be in good standing. That said, I also know of people who were banned simply from continuously resetting their ad ID. 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    I was one of those who was not given a second chance for resetting ad ID. Probably the same case here.

@dfbb Could you screenshot where it says to not opt in and out of ad personalization? I scanned their tos and can't find it.
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    @DFBB Well that's good to know, because I often reset my add ID.
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    I was one of those who was not given a second chance for resetting ad ID. Probably the same case here.

@dfbb Could you screenshot where it says to not opt in and out of ad personalization? I scanned their tos and can't find it.
    Of course not. "My rules and I can change them whenever I want."
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    Agree with @DFBB - last year I was tap joy banned for some time and wasn't able to do offers because of resetting advertiser ID. It didn't impact game play though - just the offers. I'm still working through my haul of razor blades! The reason they don't want you to do it, is because an offer you already completed will be available again after the reset and that is against their policies - understandable.
    What I experienced though is the ID reset was just a temporary relief on videos - it didn't help that much. 
    Right. I'm not advocating for an id reset. What I'm saying is opting out of the personalization resets the  ads; however, this is a similar manner to those who reset the ad ID last year and, although you might not have been banned, some of us were. All I'm asking is if we knew if such were the case. And it appears that it is. So I guess we gotta sit tight and wait for Glu to get their six combined brain cells back in unity.
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    At this point, like many I have seen on here, say jail/ban me. I am getting so tired of the mickey mouse games that are being played. I used to LOVE this game and love the grind to get a quality team. I used to love the chase. Now it seems like if I am not willing to pay then I can kick rocks in their eyes. I cannot afford PFP so for me it is all about the generosity of glu and hoping for luck.  Just my two cents. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

I actually never bothered to read the TOS, but it was pointed out to me in emails from TJ. Supposedly, it's in there. lol
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    If you're banned by TJ you just lose offers right? You can still watch vids? 

I keep toggling this "Limit Ad Tracking" setting on iOS to keep videos flowing and wondering when they're gonna ban me.  :D
    @JEDDDOGGY You're our sacrificial lamb lmao. Just let us know as soon as your banned. 😅
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    edited May 2019
    I was banned from TJ for resetting the ID myself last year but never from GLU. I did open a ticket with CS and explained to them that the resetting happened as I was testing an app I was test developing and one of the features of that app was to reset the ID. GLU took it up with TJ and they removed my ban.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    I was told it was looks. then I was told it was because of the people I hang out with @jeddoggy @sandpipers @roo @jtld then I realized yeah thats why...
     So..#bannedIam
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• BigHurtBigHurt Registered Users, Member 157 Posts
    I was told it was looks. then I was told it was because of the people I hang out with @jeddoggy @sandpipers @roo @jtld then I realized yeah thats why...
     So..#bannedIam
    I'm @roo, just to confuse things further. Apparently there is a forums roo, how dare they!!