edited May 2019 in General TSB Discussion
2x Gold Videos just kicked in at 0300 hours East US
Prev1

Comments

• TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
    And I got no videos to watch... 
  • JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    I watched 800 worth and now it’s been no videos available ever since.  Good way to get the guys who count on gold from videos to quit playing.  That’s for sure.  
  • TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
    I watched 800 worth and now it’s been no videos available ever since.  Good way to get the guys who count on gold from videos to quit playing.  That’s for sure.  
    I thought they were going to not go with it this weekend, so I went ahead and watched my “limit” of videos already. Then when I got done with them an hour before 2x went live... 
  • McSteezy69McSteezy69 Registered Users, Member 35 Posts
    Double gold videos were working fine for the last 30 minutes.... now they are back to just 4 gold a video for me. The offers are still double tho. Really hope it’s not like this the whole weekend.
  • TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    Yup, back to 4. As long as someone else noticed it 
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Nope 4 here as welll. 
  • MulderkenMulderken Registered Users, Member 173 Posts
    Seems to be a limit of 125 videos then your done 
  • JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    1000 gold and we’re done now 😂 Glu really knows how to make people wanna keep playing!  
    I have been seeing a lot of ppl taking about a “video quota/limit” can someone explain this? On reg gold days at work I can avg 2k gold and 2x even more. I’ve never had this issue. I just wanna see what people are talking about in regards to this. 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    I have been seeing a lot of ppl taking about a “video quota/limit” can someone explain this? On reg gold days at work I can avg 2k gold and 2x even more. I’ve never had this issue. I just wanna see what people are talking about in regards to this. 
    @slafrance2 It seems like there is some kind of limit on the amount of videos you can watch in a certain amount of time before there aren't any more to watch. I haven't seen a cutoff at exactly 125 videos, and I'm able to reset my ad tracker to watch more. 

I am not getting 8 gold per video now, but I am being offered double gold on the slew of terrible offers I struggle to see anyone signing up for. So we got that goin' for us...🙄
  • newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    No dbl gold for me but shows dbl for offers. Sent cs ticket as this will push me away from any more spending along with 1,000 s of others
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    edited May 2019
    I wonder if it’s all the same people that got locked out last weekend, 8gold for me
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Guys remember, its the advertisers...

• TRABUKOTRABUKO Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    4 gold
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    No double gold for me either, still at 4. Sucks!
  • BizertoBizerto Registered Users, Member 105 Posts
    And 3x energy drinks @CanadaCubs
  • royallyscrewedroyallyscrewed Registered Users, Member 27 Posts
    They took the double gold away for watching videos after about 30 minutes. I turned in a ticket, and the smart ass customer service rep sent back "I wold like to bring to your kind notice that the double gold is for special offers in the game and not for watching videos."

Assholes......
  • royallyscrewedroyallyscrewed Registered Users, Member 27 Posts
    By the way... .The smartass Customer service reps name is Lalitha. She needs to go!!!!!!
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Guys remember, its the advertisers...

It's funny because their explanation simply isn't how it works. Companies buy and sell ad space/time based on predetermined asking prices. It isn't done in a business-to-business fashion. Company A is selling space for, say, 1 cent. It is matched with buyers who  accept ads at a certain length for 1 cent. That transaction is made in an automated fashion through some sort of portal. 

If the seller is now asking for 5 cents per play, Company A's ads won't play on their site/app. 

Simply put, Glu (the seller) controls their asking price. Increasing it lowers the amount of available ads. It's not an issue of the buyers increasing their price. There are plenty out there willing to buy at the lowest price (we haven't had an issue with "No ads available" previously). 
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    This is stupid. I really see no point in doing the offers. Of the three offers I've ever done, two of them were not honored by tapjoy because I had "used a third party installer" or some other BS (which is completely false.) So way for tap sports to really ruin the weekend. Give double offers, which basically means nothing, and limit everyone's ads so that the f2p players sit around and do...what? Play the prime event?
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
     Taking break for weekend. Glu and their advert partners can screw...
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
     Taking break for weekend. Glu and their advert partners can screw...
    Until 12 and the weekend boxes have a prime Cody with stacking skills and 60 speed...lol
  • ChiiChii Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    Double gold videos were working fine for the last 30 minutes.... now they are back to just 4 gold a video for me. The offers are still double tho. Really hope it’s not like this the whole weekend.
    I thought it was just me. The offer is still there but only 4 given.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Idk what they’re doing but right now I can watch 1 video and then I have to reboot the game to get another
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Idk what they’re doing but right now I can watch 1 video and then I have to reboot the game to get another
    The whole thing is fu#%ed up just like last week. It’s Memorial Day weekend, you’d think that they would do something to honor that. 
    Yeah I am at the point where i can watch a bunch of vids then it only says I get 4 gold lol
    @CanadaCubs I don't think that's ever going to go away lol
  • patches99patches99 Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
    Thought I was crazy until reading this.  I spend money for gold but also watch a lot of videos.  If they take away the video part I’m not going to willing to spend money too.  I was getting 8 for videos and it’s 4 this morning and the quota thing too.  Ugh
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    It can't be a quota thing because I woke up to only getting 4 after not playing a single video since 7pm. 
  • ChiiChii Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    It just says for offers for me. Nothing about videos.