Twins Bonus and No Double Gold Videos

scottpdannscottpdann Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
It's like GLU is begging us not to play this weekend. 

Comments

• slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Yeah very frustrating, and CS response has been very poor
  • marcoslomarcoslo Registered Users, Member 393 Posts
    A super crappy box AND no videos available for me
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    It's ok Glu... I will just watch videos until I "cap" and not play or buy a box. Buxton seems to have the only useful skill for a hitter, errr Gonzalez has the cvc WHOOPIE, I have about enough of the OF game. 

• Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    Yeah and now they have one of their daily bullshit boxes out to try to get you to spend some gold with those ridiculous odds for the weekend event. This is tiring. BBQ 🍗 it is.  
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

I'm guessing the 29.99 player will be Eddie Rosario.  If he has two skills active for WOH (including RHP), I might buy him.  I want to take a crack at DTI on Monday, because I have both POTWs capped.

Although, I'm not sure silver teams can manage DTI without a crapload of gold. 

• MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Metsicans said:

I'm guessing the 29.99 player will be Eddie Rosario.  If he has two skills active for WOH (including RHP), I might buy him.  I want to take a crack at DTI on Monday, because I have both POTWs capped.

Although, I'm not sure silver teams can manage DTI without a crapload of gold. 

Ugh, never mind.  The $29.99 player is Mitch Garver, a RHB and a catcher (I already have two skill Molina and my legend at C).  Oh well, saved myself thirty bucks. 
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    Same here I have Molina as well and it’s only a 10 point max difference, certainly not worth $30 bucks. 
  • TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
    Polanco a double Blowout skill for being a prime. The blowout skill is the worst because if I’m ahead then im
    gonna win no matter what and if I’m behind then I have every other one of my hitters who have a blowout skill as well to help me catch back up. Way to keep it original Glu. See you next weekend ✌🏼
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Yea catchers are way more common already this year.   I have both Molina and Sanchez as well as my legend at C so I should be set for awhile
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    But I spy the new best cvc player @dfbb

• buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    Hmm... guess everyone would rather have more Rays, Dodgers, and Yankees.  :|
  • scottpdannscottpdann Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    buddydave said:
    Hmm... guess everyone would rather have more Rays, Dodgers, and Yankees.  :|
    Dave, I hear ya, but on a holiday weekend, maybe that is when you whip out the big guns. Save the Twins for a Tuesday Prime. 
  • sarge268sarge268 Registered Users, Member 80 Posts
    I don’t mind it being the Twins, and a prime SS would be great. But the double blowout skills sucks. I’ll save my gold and my money.  Buxton is the only decent one I would want. With those odds lately = no thanks. I’ll come back for the CVC this weekend and that’s about it. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    But I spy the new best cvc player @dfbb

Indeed he is! I've been drooling for a good minute....switch hitting and SS!
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    The freaking Twins are one of the hottest teams in baseball right now and they're fun as hell to watch. They hit 6 HR the other night and then hit 8 HR last night. I love the box, and got who I wanted (Buxton). No prime guys for me right now as I just went Platinum.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    The freaking Twins are one of the hottest teams in baseball right now and they're fun as hell to watch. They hit 6 HR the other night and then hit 8 HR last night. I love the box, and got who I wanted (Buxton). No prime guys for me right now as I just went Platinum.
    You better catch up, I’m up to platinum 5
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    Why do y'all keep saying the double blowout skill sucks? Results from 2018 - show that the double-skill players will end up leading your team in hitting & ops in every game mode (bonus, prime, season mode) - and they are monsters in CVC. They only mode they don't excel in is WOH.Me personally - I want as many double blowout skill guys as I can get. They kick ass. Get a few and watch you CVC scores skyrocket.
  • LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    Oddly enough, I sent a message this morning asking Glu to give my Twins squad some love, considering they're one of the hottest teams right now. 10 minutes later and I was pleasantly surprised to see that's exactly what they did.

Pulled Polanco, Gonzales and Odorizzi. 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I think people don’t care for blowout because WoH is by a fair margin the most popular game mode and outside of about a handful of DTI matchups the blowout doesn’t apply.  Also in regular game modes it’s more of a “win more” kind of player kinda like that guy who doesn’t do anything with the game on the line that hits 450 foot bombs in an 11-2 game.  They do make decent players in CvC hitting them low in the order as the number of runs is secondary to just keeping the rally going.
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    Agree with the point on WOH. Double blowout players are not really useful there. But so what - does every player need to be a WOH player? (I have a roster of woh players and a different lineup of regulars for cvc & games)
    For most of us - our Keepers are probably going to be our WOH slayers anyways.
    But in all of the other game modes - they absolutely rule.
    In CVC they are only second to double-CVC skill players (which I don't think I've seen any of yet).
    In season mode, prime, and bonus games - they will lead your team in batting (ave/ops/on base %).
    You mentioned in the game modes - its more a matter of "winning more". Absolutely. But remember - in bonus games or prime games - "winning more" is going to mean turning your lineup over a couple more times - thus getting your event bonus players more at-bats and hits during the contest.
    Anyways - I just don't think they should be looked down on. 
    I will admit - last year - at first I thought they were stupid, too. Until I got three or four on my team....

Off my soapbox now. On to some other subject.....like poor GLU C/S....lol
    Have a Terrific Twins weekend all!!