Skills question

CP31CP31 Registered Users, Member 53 Posts
I bought a box today and got Byron Buxton...he is double skilled...walkoff and RISP.....since all skills that become active provide a boost to the batter....if both skills are activated to the 7\20  and both are active is there a difference between skills...or are they just batter boosts

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    They will stack. In your example, you'll have a total of 14%.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    DFBB said:
    They will stack. In your example, you'll have a total of 14%.
    However if you boost 1 skill to 7 and 1 to 8, you get 16. I love math. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    edited May 2019
    Here is how the math works on double skills (and batting boosts if you get them. To make it simple, I’ll say the player has a hit rating of 100.  2 skills, both at 10% and a 15% live boost. 

The boosts get added in 1 at a time and then added to the new total. It’s the same principle as compound interest. 

100 hit rating + 10% for the first skill is now a hit rating of 110. 

110 hit rating plus another 10% (10% of 110 is 11), so the new rating is 121

121 hit rating plus the 15% live boost (15% of 121 is 18.15 which rounds down to 18) which gives you a final hit rating of 139, even though the boosts added together are 135. 

It it took me a good 15 minutes to get @dkarski87 to understand this. He hates math. 

The above scenario of 7% and 8% comes out to 15.56 boost which rounds up to 16

here is visual evidence from my favorite player I left behind in 2018 

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    This is particularly great when we're able to level our skills really high. In '18, for example, all my 20/20 bats were 44% without any further boost for the reasons that @Bigpredfan explained above.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    #skillsgate 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022