TO THE DEVELOPERS

TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
edited May 2019 in General TSB Discussion
I know that the dev team does occasionally visit this forum because some issues and suggestions mentioned here are addressed in the game.   I would like to compile a list of issues that deserve the DEV team's full, immediate attention.

**The rewards are terrible. Period. They were updated but only for the top 5.  The cost of gold/resources/time to finish Top 5 in any event FAR OUTWEIGHS the rewards.  Why would people spend 10,000 gold in an event to compete to win 2500 gold? #1 draft picks, late round draft picks, 2nd round draft picks, energy drinks, franchise coins need to disappear.  The game needs to evolve with the season.  Those rewards are fine for the first month.  Cash, xp, pxp, lxp, gold, and ice wraps should be the only rewards.

**The lag between screens needs to be fixed. Take the server space from TSB 2018 and swap it with 2019. TSB 18 is FLYING whereas 2019 is walking along on crutches.  It's been 2 months, it is time.

**SLUGFEST LAG is ridiculous. It takes on average 7 seconds during the slugfest event to reach the SELECT A SLUGGER screen after clicking on PLAY.  That causes several inadvertent selections of players that you have already used in the level.  That's on average 50 gold to re-use a slugger.

**CLASH event needs to be scrapped. Just replace it with normal CvC.  Something with the coding is messed up with that.  Not fun.

**NEW VIDEO QUOTA is ruining the experience for those who do not want to pay real money.  Players should be able to watch as many videos as they choose.  GLU gets rewarded.  Not everyone is going to pay you money, it's just not going to happen.  All this does is push those people away, and now you have lost even that tiny bit of revenue.

**Customer service is either automated or being outsourced to very limited-speaking representatives.  It seems as if certain keywords trigger an automated , canned response.  This rarely addresses the issue and causes us to submit another ticket in hopes that our issues are addressed.

**Hitting an arbitrary number of wins at a certain tier leads to matchups with lower-strength teams yet at a higher tier. This causes you to lose an absurd number of games to teams that you heavily outrank but they are at a higher tier so you lose. Not fun. Please do not force players to level up before they are ready.  It takes a lot of resources to level up properly and should not be rushed.  This game still has 10 more months of progression, it's not a race.

**New players being drafted not being automatically leveled up to your current tier.  With the natural progression of new  slightly higher ranked players being released weekly, you can never keep up.  The resources to keep up are not readily available and you are always struggling to stay afloat.  Why would we want to dump thousands of xp into a player for one event who will be bagging groceries in 2 weeks?

**Game AI hasn't changed.  Nothing is more frustrating than having the tying run on 3rd base in walkoff with less than 2 outs and hitting a 20 hopper to the pitcher only to have the guy on 3rd run home.  That's not realistic.  What is also not realistic are the triple plays, the players running through walls to catch balls, the insane shifts of infielders, and the amazing hidden ball trick at home with the ball staying on the mound.  These have been problems carried over from TSB 2018.  How are they not fixed? 

Feel free to add any that I missed.

**To the DEV TEAM, you all should print something like this out, sit down at a meeting and figure out how you can address it.  You're losing players at an alarming rate.  I'm seeing tons of teams for sale .  That is money leaving.  I know that you still make an insane amount of money but these players leaving eventually adds up

Comments

• McSteezy69McSteezy69 Registered Users, Member 35 Posts
    Great post. Couldn’t have said it better... I pay to play (only $200 this season, so very small compared to some players) and watch videos but with the cap on videos I am not inclined to spend at all anymore. 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    LOL.......I love “you should.....” thinking.  

Here’s to optimism.....I don’t see any loss of players at an alarming rate.  In fact, last quarter was their most lucrative ever. 

BTW finishing top 3 for a given event doesn’t cost anywhere near what you’re putting up on average across the club. 

I get pining for the “good old days” and I guess complaining has some therapeutic values but for me the pragmatic side of my brain tells me to get on with it and not dwell on what in this case is a clever company who has figured ways to make their product generate more revenue at literally my expense.  

Question is whether or not I can live with that.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    LOL half the enjoyment I get out the game anymore is figuring how to play and stay competitive without Glu getting deeper into my pockets.

Were playing to beat all the other clubs but also to beat Glu 😂
  • TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    Here’s to optimism.....I don’t see any loss of players at an alarming rate.  In fact, last quarter was their most lucrative ever. 

Umm, they have yet to report earnings for a single bit of tsb 2019. They just reported in May but that was up until March. That's hyperbole at its finest. They aren't making a killing. You have to consider how many games that they have.

All I am trying to do is compile the most griped about issues with the game in an easy to navigate method.... ON 1 PAGE. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    edited May 2019
    bigvivec said:

They just reported in May but that was up until March. That's hyperbole at its finest. They aren't making a killing. 

Pot meet kettle much?

I mean, you can’t tell him that he is wrong because the numbers haven’t been released and then say the opposite of what he said is true because, as you stated, the numbers haven’t been released 
  • TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    1 cent earnings per share... Which was in line with expectations... And that was from the end of 2018