Wknd Observations - Videos not working ANY format; Disappearing Club member during CVC...

ORBBIRDSORBBIRDS Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
edited May 2019 in General TSB Discussion
I made a few interesting observations this weekend, and I wonder if GLU is aware and/or will announce them as such.

1. Videos are simply not working for a HUGE number of people, in the most important areas of the game:
     - CVC Video replays with 2 outs.....no videos will come up for me, any of my club mates, or any of my friends.
     - Videos are RARELY working for the typical "free 6th game during a win streak"
     - I watched ELEVEN Videos back to back, I was reward 12 gold (thought it was double gold but clearly I was wrong).  Waited 15 minutes, restarted   and cleared cache....still no credit for the 11 videos watched.
     - Videos are EXTREMELY "hit or miss" on the CVC free bonus multipliers BEFORE starting a CVC ticket....Working about half the time or less
     -  Funny, because Videos are working PERFECTLY FINE for video achievements, and I mean perfect......but somehow, for all of the "need to pay for gold sequences", the videos simply will not pop up for us.  Strange coincidence, or an I.T. issue.  Either way, an announcement would be nice for us please.....

2.  Teams are learning to "HIDE" their CVC wins as follows.  They take their BEST player....and/or their likely "CVC Edge" subscriber.... He/She LEAVES THE CLUB with 5-10  minutes remaining.....The score for that player disappears, but the points still count for your opponent....Then, that player re-joins the club after the hidden-point-victory.  GLU replied that they do this an effort to prevent clubs from team-hopping, in order to prevent them from scoring double or triple CVC rewards.....But what these cheaters are doing is wrong, and opponents take on a false sense of security, because the "adjusted" score from the opposing player's recent departure suggests that your team is comfortably ahead..... Yet another weasel move, and cheaters always find a way to make an honest, integrity-based game miserable with their innovative cheating tactics.
*** I propose that if you leave your club, you wait 72 hours IF you want to re-join the same club***

CVC and moving up to Platinum.  Funny how my SAME players at Gold 10 could hit the LACES off the ball against the default 41 and 55-rated Cincinatti Reds pitchers...but once they moved to platinum, the SAME players at level platinum 2 and platinum 3 score ZERO now in 48% of CVC games.....with BOTH non-cvc-edge modifiers (100 gold total) at +30% hit and + 500% scoring.....3 to 4 out of 7 games on average are scoring ZERO to 800.  Previously, the same players, versus the same LOW-LEVEL pitchers  on average would score 70,000 to 300,000 per game.... Again, SAME pitchers.... I could understand and accept it, if the move to platinum caused a pitching change, and my platinum players were now facing a "better pitcher.....but this is silly, to score ZERO with both modifiers when players have IMPROVED from 179 to 217, against the SAME pitchers????

Happy Memorial day weekend......I know this sounds like a negative nelly post......It is simply 3 observations I made over the last week, and wanted to share and perhaps seek some thoughts from others.

My very best as always,
Orb1974

Comments

• BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    @ORBBIRDS I agree with alot of what you said except for club hopping. If players want to club hop, it's up to the clubs to prevent that. Not Glu. If clubs don't want players to come in, then they should either lock the club or lock it in the last five minutes. Some clubs even use this to their advantage by welcoming clubhoppers, then kicking them seconds before cvc ends, but still keeping the points. And if teams can find ways to tactically get an advantage, let them. This game is all about spending money, and if teams can find ways to better themselves, go for it. It's not even that deceptive since the other team should just look at the point totals, and not the individual scores.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    The cvc one for me is puzzling as well. Since going platinum I thought it would be easier to face the exact same pitchers with better hitters. In a club by myself it hasn’t cost me anything, but it is bizarre 
  • ORBBIRDSORBBIRDS Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    @ORBBIRDS I agree with alot of what you said except for club hopping. If players want to club hop, it's up to the clubs to prevent that. Not Glu. If clubs don't want players to come in, then they should either lock the club or lock it in the last five minutes. Some clubs even use this to their advantage by welcoming clubhoppers, then kicking them seconds before cvc ends, but still keeping the points. And if teams can find ways to tactically get an advantage, let them. This game is all about spending money, and if teams can find ways to better themselves, go for it. It's not even that deceptive since the other team should just look at the point totals, and not the individual scores.
    Ok so what about the same guy on the same team, jumping out and back in for cvc games...I am  not ok with that.... It's simple manipulation.  Different players, no problem, but the same guy jumping out and back in....Not ok by me...
    Orb
    @ORBBIRDS Then make it clear to him that that's not allowed. 
  • ORBBIRDSORBBIRDS Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    How would we do that to a player from an opponent's team?
    Orb
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    If someone in the club has a second CvC team we boot them after they play a few for the home club to keep the points....if you leave the points leave but if you boot the points stick.  So as part of the obligation to the home club we play a few rounds then leave for a second team, leaving our points behind.  Didn’t know that there was a hidden points wrinkle.  Not sure that’s true if you were to constantly refresh.
    @ORBBIRDS Oh I thought you were talking about someone on your own team lol. If they're on someone else's team I guess you just gotta live with it. I don't really see the harm here, I guess.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @ORBBIRDS If you don't like guys helping each other out with cvc scores, I can only assume that you also don't like it when guys do the same thing with club points for events? The latter happens rather frequently, but I don't think I've seen people complain about it. Personally, I'm not a fan of either because it opens itself to major abuse. I will, however, use it to my advantage when the opportunity presents itself. That said, I really hope glu will patch it with the next update. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    Go on global now and look at all the charity requests and offers.  I have no issue with that;  it is adaptation to how the game is structured, kinda like the evo hunting phenomenon.  Could be the ringer in the club takes the time to block each of you so you can’t see them or their scores.  Coulda, woulda, shoulda is all tears in spilt milk.....adapt son and learn how to defend and beat other teams at their own games!   
    @CanadaCubs I'm sure it's no picnic being on the wrong end of a snipe.  As @bigvivec alluded to, the game is what it is. Your scenario isn't uncommon in CVC or club events. You may not like what I'm about to say, but that dude was very clever. He gave you a false sense of security and pounced at the right time. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    edited May 2019
    DFBB said:
    @CanadaCubs I'm sure it's no picnic being on the wrong end of a snipe.  As @bigvivec alluded to, the game is what it is. Your scenario isn't uncommon in CVC or club events. You may not like what I'm about to say, but that dude was very clever. He gave you a false sense of security and pounced at the right time. 
    I often go for one shot at the end. My feeling is that the bar has been set by the opponent, don’t complain if i jump over it. If the bar is set high enough then congrats to you.

Part of my reasoning is that you can see my profile, so you know what I’ve done in cvc in the past.  The other part is that I don’t want to spend 35K in cash for 7 entries. I’d much rather spend 10 or less if I can get the same results, which seems to be the case 
    I don’t understand what you mean about the unwritten rule.  For me it’s simple;  if you don’t want jumpers in your club then lock it up.  Players don’t CvC hop for camaraderie.....we do it to take boxes down.  So are you ok with that or not?  Taking the top spot is the core of hopping and while some may stay and do charity and some leave right away, they all have top spot goals in common and zero knowledge/interest/respect for the unwritten rule you’re talking about.  
  • TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
    Are you able to hop between multiple clubs for ONE event and collect ever reward for every club you participated in? Or is it hopping between different clubs every different scheduled event?
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    How do you lock your club
    @Itsouttahere2 make it private 
    bigvivec said:
    I don’t understand what you mean about the unwritten rule.  For me it’s simple;  if you don’t want jumpers in your club then lock it up.  Players don’t CvC hop for camaraderie.....we do it to take boxes down.  So are you ok with that or not?  Taking the top spot is the core of hopping and while some may stay and do charity and some leave right away, they all have top spot goals in common and zero knowledge/interest/respect for the unwritten rule you’re talking about.  
    How do you lock up your club?
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    edited May 2019
    I called him out on this shady move, and he/she told me to go F myself and that I sucked. 
    😂 sorry, that's funny to me. 

As for the rest of it, I see your point, but whaddya gonna do? There isn't any ethics here. If it's physically possible without any hack, it's allowed and permissible. 
    Can someone please tell me how you lock your club?
    Thank you