WoH for 5-27-19: Hoping for the Status Quo...

13Next

Comments

• woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    Also not everyone has the time to cycle 10+ times to get a player capped in diamond.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
     While everyone in Gold is grinding to scrounge up enough PXP to level up Gallo to Gold 4, 

Right, I regret pouring alot of gold into pxp boxes to get Yelich leveled.   He will still be ok for WOH at gold 10 until the pitchers get harder but I have Nolan and Posey primes that probably will never get leveled.  Unless you are silver or bronze primes arent realistic to play with right now untill you fork out alot of gold or $$ for pxp
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited May 2019
    @Houmy - Right now, the way WOH is setup at Diamond, you only need like maybe two guys at D1 or D2 to cycle at will. I had two D2 guys, a P8 guy and the rest gold hitters in WOH yesterday and cycled like crazy. I have about 575k BXP and 340 EVO right now. Not concerned with EVO at all as the 650 is at the end of the D6 tunnel and I haven't had to use hardly any to this point (again, only the two guys leveled to Diamond). I have about 31k EVO in my 18 account lol.

Granted all this will change, and they could change WOH tomorrow, but I'm optimistic yet also being quite frugal just in case and not leveling guys up more than what's necessary for them to do the job. I also think BXP players will continue to be valuable up to the point that PXP / LXP becomes less scarce. We saw a BXP Harper and BXP Yelich lead the proverbial WOH pack last year mid-to-late season. After those guys became somewhat obsolete around February or so, they were literally throwing PXP and LXP at us in WOH. 

So, I'm definitely being careful and saving things, BXP in particular. You never know what Glu will throw at us. LOL.
    woohoo77 said:
    Also not everyone has the time to cycle 10+ times to get a player capped in diamond.

Yes, this is very true. Diamond is not for everyone. If you can't put in some time, then you should probably stay Silver imo. Even being Gold is going to force you to grind a fair bit.
  • midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    @Houmy - Right now, the way WOH is setup at Diamond, you only need like maybe two guys at D1 or D2 to cycle at will. I had two D2 guys, a P8 guy and the rest gold hitters in WOH yesterday and cycled like crazy. I have about 575k BXP and 340 EVO right now. Not concerned with EVO at all as the 650 is at the end of the D6 tunnel and I haven't had to use hardly any to this point (again, only the two guys leveled to Diamond). I have about 31k EVO in my 18 account lol.

Granted all this will change, and they could change WOH tomorrow, but I'm optimistic but also being quite frugal just in case and not leveling guys up more than what's necessary for them to do the job. I also think BXP players will continue to be valuable up to the point that PXP / LXP becomes less scarce. We saw a BXP Harper and BXP Yelich lead the proverbial WOH pack last year mid-to-late season. After those guys became somewhat obsolete around February or so, they were literally throwing PXP and LXP at us in WOH. 

So, I'm definitely being careful and saving things, BXP in particular. You never know what Glu will throw at us. LOL.
    I'm assuming you were talking about cycling "Classic" yesterday.  Did you attempt the "Do Not Try" tier?  What you are doing is definitely interesting to me, as I'm maxed at gold and feel like the game is a little boring and all I care about is WOH.
    I'm assuming you were talking about cycling "Classic" yesterday.  Did you attempt the "Do Not Try" tier?  What you are doing is definitely interesting to me, as I'm maxed at gold and feel like the game is a little boring and all I care about is WOH.

Yep, just cycling Classic. I did go through a few levels of DTI for bonus points, but didn't attempt to get any further than level 4 as I had to focus on Classic to level Renfroe. Well, that and I installed a bathroom floor yesterday which took some time away from tap lol.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY 5.10 will be diamond tomorrow(Bauer last week). You ready? 

@Houmy It's extremely beneficial to cycle cap players in diamond at the moment. The xp gained after a player is in diamond is ridiculously good. I don't worry about evo because our evo hunting group is awesome(you're always welcome to join us) and soon, d6 will make evo issues a thing of the past. I was able to take Ichiro to d6 and I still have a good chunk of xp saved to level new players. I realize that most people don't have the time, but if you do, it's absolutely glorious. Yesterday, for example, I gained about 360k bxp and a d10 bat. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
    Houmy said:
    @JEDDDOGGY just keep in mind that 340 max players will be obsolete eventually and right now they are only one step down from the higher max 370 primes so obviously they'll crush it for now but down the road? Don't go overboard with spending the BXP & EVO just yet
    How long do you think until the next max upgrade to players? 
    @DFBB don't see why not! What's he rated? Alvarez was 142 yesterday.

@TBWepa man, hard to say, but I think we're due for an increase.
  • TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
    @Houmy the first increase I remember was the Yadi Molina Box when he went up to 330 and then the Marcell Ozuna for WOH and then the Yankees Vs Rays box. Those were the two weeks we saw an increase in player ratings. But before that it had to have been after the Mariners vs Astros box that we saw another uptick. So give it another few weeks to a month? 
    @JEDDDOGGY Alvarez was p1, bauer will be d1 so there should be a huge difference. I guess worst case, we have to boost. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    @DFBB don't see why not! What's he rated? Alvarez was 142 yesterday.

@TBWepa man, hard to say, but I think we're due for an increase.
    Bauer was 215 in diamond last week for 5.10   Not sure on stuff but that was overall rating
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    DFBB said:
    @JEDDDOGGY 5.10 will be diamond tomorrow(Bauer last week). You ready? 

@Houmy It's extremely beneficial to cycle cap players in diamond at the moment. The xp gained after a player is in diamond is ridiculously good. I don't worry about evo because our evo hunting group is awesome(you're always welcome to join us) and soon, d6 will make evo issues a thing of the past. I was able to take Ichiro to d6 and I still have a good chunk of xp saved to level new players. I realize that most people don't have the time, but if you do, it's absolutely glorious. Yesterday, for example, I gained about 360k bxp and a d10 bat. 
    @DFBB thanks for the offer buddy, as always appreciated. Time wouldn't be the issue for me but for some reason (#toomanygates) I am just not into it this year so I don't see myself grinding WOH like we did back in 18. To give you an idea I just logged in to play season mode and grab freebies yesterday and didn't even do a single round in WOH. And don't get me wrong I am almost a big fan of the new HOF mode but not enough to motivate me any longer.

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

@DFBB @Mattattack

Looks like I'll be making some minor upgrades! My 5.10 guy was 361 with live boost only so maybe I'll up him a couple notches, no biggie there. What about the other trouble spots? I think we're only down 2 to Lester right? Also, they were saying 5.9 is Teheran who is max tier Gold so he's no issue if that is the case.
    edited May 2019
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    @DFBB @Mattattack

Looks like I'll be making some minor upgrades! My 5.10 guy was 361 with live boost only so maybe I'll up him a couple notches, no biggie there. What about the other trouble spots? I think we're only down 2 to Lester right? Also, they were saying 5.9 is Teheran who is max tier Gold so he's no issue if that is the case.
    I expect/hope it's the same as last week. If that's the cause, baez will be down 2 and we'll be down 2 to Lester and It's Leblanc instead of Miley. Only 5.10 should present a decent hurdle.

edit: yeah, Teheran will be gold at 5.9. Good times! :)