Drive for Diamond (update w/reaching Tier 6)

rmouse511rmouse511 Registered Users, Member 185 Posts
edited June 2019 in General TSB Discussion
Last year I stayed in the silver tier until October. I eventually ended up at diamond, but I felt like I would have enjoyed the game more if I made the jump sooner. My plan is to go diamond next Monday. I know several others on here are contemplating jumping up tiers, so I thought I would share my experience.

I am currently at Gold 6 and up 2-0 in my playoff series to move to platinum. Here is my current lineup and resources.
Prev1

Comments

• rmouse511rmouse511 Registered Users, Member 185 Posts

• TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
    @rmouse511 what is your total team strength at? I’ve spent millions trying to improve my upgrades from just silver to gold. I can’t imagine what it would be like going into diamond. Also do you have everything upgraded? I usually like to upgrade everything before I make the jump with some spare cash and gold to start spending on player upgrades right away. Seems like you are ready to grab a few prime players though. Good roster though. 
    My plan is to move to platinum on Wednesday after I get the guaranteed player from WOH and level him to gold 8. I will then cycle him to gold 10. Once I have him at gold 10, I will win my playoff series and move to platinum.

The current players I will be leveling to platinum are...
    Lowe- Platinum 10
    Santana- Platinum 4
    Hosmer- Platinum 4
    Garcia- Platinum 10
    Both keepers to Platinum 1

I will level the new player to platinum 8, and then cycle him to platinum 10. I don’t have a ton of time to play on Wednesdays, so 5-7 cycles is a good day for me.

Over the weekend I will level Kershaw, and Scherzer, and my closer to gold 10. I should be able to get through all 6 levels of platinum before Monday. I won’t level up to diamond until I get the new guaranteed player from WOH classic and cycle him up from platinum 7 or 8 to platinum 10. 

I will then win my last playoff game at platinum and and level the player to diamond 7 or 8 and then cycle to get him to diamond 10.

I will take my platinum 10 batters to diamond 3 or 4 to help cycle WOH at diamond.

This is all assuming I have enough cash and bxp to make this happen. 

Any feedback or suggestions are appreciated.
    @TBWepa

My team strength is 65k, but that is because I haven’t done much to my pitching staff. My hitting team skills are all maxed at gold right now. My pitching skills are at 50/60. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I am on a similar path.  I just went platinum sunday night and if i can i get through the plat playoffs, i will maybe be diamond tommorrow.  If not for sure by next monday
    @rmouse511 upgrading all of my hitting and pitching were the first things I did when I went to gold. So the same would be for me when I go platinum. But you seem to have the resources and the plan to do it. Wish you the best of luck. My greatest fear is leveling up someone all the way from bronze to platinum it would take a lot of BXP for me to do that. 
  • sarge268sarge268 Registered Users, Member 80 Posts
    What’s the hurry?  Once more prime and legendary players start coming out it takes a ton of resources to get them from Bronze 1 to Diamond. Last year I leveled up to Platinum too soon and struggled to get my legendary players to P10. I’m still playing ‘18 and working on getting them to D10 now. For ‘19 I’m silver now with a team strength at 77k. I’m thinking maybe another two weeks before I go to gold. 

Maybe I’m looking at it wrong and I should have leveled up to gold already. 🤷‍♂️
    @sarge268 I think I went gold too soon. I’m having a problem with upgrading some of my players to gold 10 atm. I went into gold from silver with about 2 mil cash and 75k bxp. This was about 2 weeks ago. The only reason I went gold was because even at max my players couldn’t get through walk off hero with 5 of them being 325 at the time+ legend (no keepers). If I stayed silver I’d be stacking up XP and cash like Pablo Escobar to wait to make that jump. 
    rmouse511 said:

This is all assuming I have enough cash and bxp to make this happen. 

Any feedback or suggestions are appreciated.
    It looks like you have a decent gold stack.  You wont need a ton just moving those few guys to platinum.  So if you are concerned about bxp at all, i'd recommend those XP II boxes that are in the store today.  I ended up buying 50 of them (15K gold) and made i think around 110k bxp which will give you some nice breathing room.  You will make that 15K gold right back moving through the platinum playoffs too.   Just a suggestion if you thought you might want breathing room BXP wise.  Good luck!
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    sarge268 said:
    What’s the hurry?  Once more prime and legendary players start coming out it takes a ton of resources to get them from Bronze 1 to Diamond. Last year I leveled up to Platinum too soon and struggled to get my legendary players to P10. I’m still playing ‘18 and working on getting them to D10 now. For ‘19 I’m silver now with a team strength at 77k. I’m thinking maybe another two weeks before I go to gold. 

Maybe I’m looking at it wrong and I should have leveled up to gold already. 🤷‍♂️
    You’re not looking at it wrong, in fact there is no wrong way. It’s a preference. I made the jump earlier than last year because I wanted all the gloves to level up my club. Also, as a teacher, I can cycle more now that I have a little more time to cycle Monday and Wednesday during the summer. 
  • midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    edited May 2019
    rmouse511 said:

Over the weekend I will level Kershaw, and Scherzer, and my closer to gold 10. I should be able to get through all 6 levels of platinum before Monday. I won’t level up to diamond until I get the new guaranteed player from WOH classic and cycle him up from platinum 7 or 8 to platinum 10. 

@rmouse511 If your primary objective is WOH, why spend the resources leveling up your pitchers and closer to Gold 10?  I think you are going to have a hard time trying to win the season at Platinum/Diamond for awhile and the 10k bxp to win the season is minimal compared to the amount you will receive from multi-cycling at those levels.  
  • BOZZCOBOZZCO Registered Users, Member 102 Posts
    I am thinking along the same lines....last year I thought I leveled up to quick as well, but having a gold team all capped i realize this game gets super stale due to lack of real events. I think the most enjoyment i get from the game is WOH and cycling through diamond 6 for the gold.  Also find it cuts way down on my spending as I dont chase players i dont want out of boredom
    rmouse511 said:

@rmouse511 If your primary objective is WOH, why spend the resources leveling up your pitchers and closer to Gold 10?  I think you are going to have a hard time trying to win the season at Platinum/Diamond for awhile and the 10k bxp to win the season is minimal compared to the amount you will receive from multi-cycling at those levels.  
    You still want to be able to win bonus games consistently and you will need a g10 pitcher or two for the playoffs in plat and diamond
  • midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    You still want to be able to win bonus games consistently and you will need a g10 pitcher or two for the playoffs in plat and diamond
    Good answer, makes sense.
  • sarge268sarge268 Registered Users, Member 80 Posts
    TBWepa said:
    @sarge268 I think I went gold too soon. I’m having a problem with upgrading some of my players to gold 10 atm. I went into gold from silver with about 2 mil cash and 75k bxp. This was about 2 weeks ago. The only reason I went gold was because even at max my players couldn’t get through walk off hero with 5 of them being 325 at the time+ legend (no keepers). If I stayed silver I’d be stacking up XP and cash like Pablo Escobar to wait to make that jump. 
    All of my hitters are maxed out with skills up to the prime. I usually cycle through WOH 4–5 times just stockpiling bxp. My problem is I get that urge to buy more boxes and get better players. Then i use all the bxp to level them up. I was at 300k bxp but now I’m down to 80k.  So I’m stockpiling again. If I wasn’t cycling WOH I would have made the jump already. 
    @midgetmullet I don’t worry too much about season games right now because the ewards aren’t that great. I need to level up my pitchers to be able to win bonus games at platinum and the playoff games to keep moving up tiers. Once I get to diamond, I will level a few pitchers to platinum 10. I will do the bare minimum with my pitching staff to get to diamond.

@Mattattack thanks for the suggestion for bxp boxes. I might do that if I need to level guys more at platinum to cycle WOH.

@Bigpredfan you are right about there not being a wrong way to approach the game. The primes being released pushed me to jump to diamond earlier than I originally planned. PXP is way too difficult to get right now. Plus playing bonus games whenever I have time fits my schedule better. I can improve my team no matter the day or time. Just need to get my team at the point where it can win most diamond bonus games.
    rmouse511 said:

@Bigpredfan you are right about there not being a wrong way to approach the game. The primes being released pushed me to jump to diamond earlier than I originally planned. PXP is way too difficult to get right now. Plus playing bonus games whenever I have time fits my schedule better. I can improve my team no matter the day or time. Just need to get my team at the point where it can win most diamond bonus games.
    I will say this, being able to play bonus games just as you have time makes the downtime much more enjoyable. 

However, I will be limited to the live boost tonight to try tournaments. @JEDDDOGGY and I talked a little and tournaments in diamond aren’t quite guaranteed yet for us, so I’m gonna try the live boost time tonight for my current team and see if I can make tournaments a little easier (I win about 50% of them right now which isn’t awful to start but isn’t great either)
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited May 2019
    Man, yeah... I have 3 starting pitchers all 340 max guys at Platinum 7 and the other 2 are 325 max at Gold 10 and I’m running into juggernauts in tourneys about 30% of the time it seems. Even those top pitchers on my roster don’t have a chance against a 120k diamond team with a capped Yu Darvish ( for example).  

• bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    edited June 2019
    Oops
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    edited June 2019
    Double
    I’ve blocked a handful of them but they still show up in tournaments, just not bonus games. So apparently the block feature only kinda works lol.
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I’ve blocked a handful of them but they still show up in tournaments, just not bonus games. So apparently the block feature only kinda works lol.
    Same here 
  • tomciz2tomciz2 Registered Users, Member 60 Posts
    Idk I’d max my team gold before moving to platinum lol call me crazy I guess 
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Man, yeah... I have 3 starting pitchers all 340 max guys at Platinum 7 and the other 2 are 325 max at Gold 10 and I’m running into juggernauts in tourneys about 30% of the time it seems. Even those top pitchers on my roster don’t have a chance against a 120k diamond team with a capped Yu Darvish ( for example).  

Thanks good to know.   I am about to hit diamond before the event and just have one P10 pitcher and the rest are G10 and getting thru BGs in plat definately was harder then I was expecting
    Thanks good to know.   I am about to hit diamond before the event and just have one P10 pitcher and the rest are G10 and getting thru BGs in plat definately was harder then I was expecting

I think there's also just a lot of parity right now, which makes it harder. My team strength is 104k now and I'm playing teams that are 85k and they will beat me on occasion. It's not like 18 where my team is around 250k and 95 percent of the teams I'm playing are like 160k or less.

As the season wears on I think we'll see it easier to win bonus games and tournaments at Diamond. Really, in 18, the only teams I was losing to consistently was KingPork and maybe a couple others. There are a lot of teams that can whoop you right now since everyone's so close in team strength. 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Was not many in diamond at the end of ‘18 even, I got my team to around 200k, and my overall winning percentage was like .950.  The only time I would lose games would be to the superteams and the random guy with an ATG D10 starter.  I keep waffling on when I’ll make the plat/diamond jump and it’s not having enough exp and evo to take my 4 best bats up.  
  • Linco32Linco32 Registered Users, Member 74 Posts
    rmouse511 said:

I’m not going to stop you but 5 million cash is nowhere near enough. 5 million won’t even get your hitting coach maxed for platinum
    edited May 2019
    First Platinum WOH results...
    Before                                   After
    Bxp- 410k                              Bxp- 278k
    cash- 5.2 million                    Cash- 2.4 million
    EVO- 1,200                            EVO- 1,040

Did 7 total cycles...4 at gold (leveled Ohtani to gold 7 and capped him with cycles) and 3 at platinum (leveled him to platinum 7 and cycled him to platinum 10). 
    Have only updated my batting skills so far. They are 70/80. Still have all my draft picks from WOH to open for more bxp. I also haven’t cashed in the balls I gained from leveling up players and team skills (gained 20k balls).

Really only need 4 platinum bats to cycle WOH. 

edited May 2019
    You don’t need a lot of firepower at Platinum or Diamond right now. I was cycling Diamond WOH on Monday with two D2 bats and a P8 guy for safety. Rest of my guys were still Gold lol.
    @Linco32 I don’t feel like you need to have the hitting skills maxed at platinum to be successful at WOH. It helps to have them leveled high or maxed, so I will slowly build them up as I gain more cash.