Options

Leveling up skills.

tribeguy2147tribeguy2147 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
I have heard that leveling up skills make a world of difference. I have a few double skill players. But have only leveled some to say 4/20 5/20. My question is what is a good level to be at. I dont want to dump a ton of resources into players I might not keep for too long. I cycle WOH literally once on Monday and Wednesday. I'd like to do it more. But sometimes I feel I get stuck at a different part each time. I have no problem paying the 150 gold to switch teams for the live boost. But have found to have more luck winning without it for some reason. 

Comments

• Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited May 2019

In my experience, leveling up skills that stack far outweighs just leveling your best hitters. I would avoid the season and prime skills altogether (blowout as well if WoH is your focus) beyond cash and maybe evo if you have an abundance of both. Keeper skills are expensive and get you to pxp at 5/20. I personally have held off there because of introduction of primes and scarcity of pxp. That said, if you end up with a prime player with stacking skills, even at 370 max that should increase here soon it would be a good investment to get skills to pxp. I would also avoid leveling PoTM and PoTW too far as those players will lose effect once boost is gone, PoTW more than PoTM. Even PoTM Bellinger I have kept at 5/20 for both skills though he has been essential for me these last weeks in cycle attempts. My Legend is also a good investment as their max will increase over time. Skills are not set at 10x pricetag either like regular xp costs so getting ML to pxp isn't a giant resource suck.
  • Options
    tribeguy2147tribeguy2147 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    Thanks for the input. I have like albies Sanchez Santana altuve and Garcia that I have leveled to the 15k xp. I just didn't know if using the pxp would make a significant difference 
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    In 1% increments nothing is that significant until you go deep.  Rental players I level cash only if at all for skills..... cr@p skill players like single prime or season mode cash only too.....I had been leveling the single skill players but stopped now that double skills are the new black.....I like blowout, RISP, RHP or LHP, late inning and WOH skills and if a player has both of these I’ll go until I hit the pxp.  Significant?  I think so once you’re into double digits on the percentage boost.............provided they work (#LOL houmy!)