Going platinum.

tribeguy2147tribeguy2147 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
Is platinum alot harder than gold. I have been cycling woh for a few weeks now. First time I've ever done it consistently. And the rewards are better than nothing. But the way these video glitches keep going. I'm wondering if it's best to just level straight up thru platinum to diamond. I dont have alot of resources so I could see a struggle at first. But I have time to play all day at work. So I could blow through tourneys to get bonus games for picks for xp. Idk just a thought 

Comments

• BigHurtBigHurt Registered Users, Member 157 Posts
    @tribeguy2147, I didn't find platinum to be significantly more difficult than gold for woh (at least last year), although when I made the jump last year I had saved enough xp, pxp, lxp to level and cap 12 batters. 

I just made the jump to platinum today, and at best, i'll have three platinum bats (not all capped). I don't anticipate that woh will be much harder though. 
  • tribeguy2147tribeguy2147 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    Yeah. I'm thinking of making the jump today. The thought of cycling in diamond sounds awesome. I just feel maybe this earlier in the year could be rough. I would have to be smart about who I level up. But idk. The past 2 weeks with the exception of woh it's been stagnant and boring. The challenge and grind could be fun. Till I throw my phone lol
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    When I went plat, I only took my two keepers and Baez. I cycled WoH with ease. I then went to diamond the same day. I left Baez at p10 and took both keepers to d1 and had a very easy time in diamond WoH. '19 has many viable paths. The key is choosing whatever style fits you. That said, I live in constant fear that they will change the pitchers. Lol
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    @DFBB that might be the one thing that bites me. I kept my keepers at silver 10. I am gold 10 maxed out. I didnt finish my upgrades yet. I had stopped season mode cause I was switching my teams for live boost. I have a hard time paying that much xp when the players now aren't much weaker. If I did do a keeper tho it would prolly be Ichiro. But I have Sanchez albies Santana and avisail Garcia. Who all have been huge in helping me win WOH. 
    @tribeguy2147 you don't need keepers, but I like the idea that they're always going to be relevant. Most people don't think they're worth leveling beyond gold and some don't even go that far. Obviously, I don't share that opinion(ichiro is now d6, JT is d2), but there's definitely many ways to go about things. Whatever you decide, just have fun with it. It's a game and sometimes, the 'smart' play is also the boring play.
    Yeah that's true. I dont have anything invested besides the 10 bucks on the stadium. So if I jump and struggle. At least I'm not out a left nut and my first born baby lol
  • UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    I’m at this crossroad as well thinking about going from Gold to platinum. @DFBB were you able to get through DTI  WOH with just your 3players capped on platinum level? 
    @UltimateWarrior Oh no. I didn't even bother trying DTI/HOF. I stuck with classic. DTI/HoF requires a full team and I'm still 2-3 weeks away. However, that's definitely near the top of my check list.
  • UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    edited May 2019
    Ehhh that’s my fear I still want to be able to get through DTI. I like new challenges, but WOH is by far my favorite event and DTI is the only challenge in the game for me so far. I think I may hold off until I can get a good 5 guys platinum 10 including Keeper Babe @DFBB