Match Up Levels

BAvila519BAvila519 Registered Users, Member 38 Posts
Im currently silver in the game and I keep going up against gold and even a platinum team every so often. If I remember correctly in Tap 18 that never really happened. Did something change? I feel like I can’t get on any proper streak even spending the 80 gold for max boosters during prime events and bonus games I see even tougher competition. Does your ranking not matter anymore and I should jump gold? Anyone else experience this?

Comments

• thebw2thebw2 Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    How many total games have you played? When I got to around 2000 total games silver became SUPER difficult and even though I didn’t have the resources I wanted I’ve been winning a whole lot more since going gold. 
  • TheHolyGhostTheHolyGhost Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    I guess this is the most realistic part of the game: “When you figure out this game, let me know” (Terry Francona).
  • BAvila519BAvila519 Registered Users, Member 38 Posts
    thebw2 said:
    How many total games have you played? When I got to around 2000 total games silver became SUPER difficult and even though I didn’t have the resources I wanted I’ve been winning a whole lot more since going gold. 
    I’m at about 3250 games played at the moment. I’ve been contemplating making that jump. It’s annoying having TS much higher than others but getting wiped by gold/platinum teams. 
  • UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    @BAvila519 unfortunately looks like it’s time to make the jump to gold. From my experience this year you can’t sit at one level for an extended period of time unlike last year. I knew I had to make the jump from silver to Gold once I couldn’t win more than a few games in a row during sprint event and weekend games. Looks like you need to start saving those resources.
    @BAvila519 unfortunately looks like it’s time to make the jump to gold. From my experience this year you can’t sit at one level for an extended period of time unlike last year. I knew I had to make the jump from silver to Gold once I couldn’t win more than a few games in a row during sprint event and weekend games. Looks like you need to start saving those resources.
    Same! Anytime I got to a 10 game win streak they threw a a high level gold team at me and effed it up lol. 
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    I am still consistently winning prime games, but woh and bonus games have been brutal.  My CVC scores are all over the place, too.  150k one round 150 points the next...  In 18, I moved to gold around July 1, and stayed there until the end.  I was hoping to do similar this year, but I don't think I can take this much longer.
    UPDATE: I went gold it’s gone very well so far. I played previously 30 bonus games went 16/30. Got frustrated. Upgraded. I’ve won 50/54 Bonus games. So far so good!
  • scottpdannscottpdann Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    Went Gold this morning and am winning most bonus games again also
    What was your cash, xp, pxp, Evo looking like before gold?
  • scottpdannscottpdann Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    BAvila519 said:
    What was your cash, xp, pxp, Evo looking like before gold?
    Never enough. PxP only an issue for skills, so N/A here. I had around 200k XP and $2.5 million. Exhausted it quickly. I leveled my most of my non-keeper/legend starting hitters, and one starting pitcher to G10, Got my legend and hitter keepers to G1, and rest of hitting lineup to low levels in Gold. Maxed out Hitting and Trainer upgrade and working on Clutch, then Into the Zone, then Base Running. I am down to 8 EVOs, so am concerned about that, so Seaver, who needs 50 will be silver for a long time. I still would like to bring the rest of my rotation and some bullpen along. I figure it will take 2-3 weeks to get close to upgraded. My main concern was WoH. I hope I did enough to be competitive as I've cycled both days since early May. Worst case scenario, I have to wait a week or two. 
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    Tdub71 said:
    I am still consistently winning prime games, but woh and bonus games have been brutal.  My CVC scores are all over the place, too.  150k one round 150 points the next...  In 18, I moved to gold around July 1, and stayed there until the end.  I was hoping to do similar this year, but I don't think I can take this much longer.
    Are you gold?