Videos Slow to load

navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
Anyone else having issues with videos? After watching one, it takes more than a minute for another one to become available to watch.
Prev1

Comments

• sarge268sarge268 Registered Users, Member 80 Posts
    Yep, having the same problem. Closer to two minutes for me between videos. 
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I don’t think it’s coincidence that it is taking exactly 2 minutes between ending one video and starting another one.
    This is the same standard response from customer service and my response back.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    It is beyond annoying because it’s totally untrue. The lag time between videos playing is definitely not advertiser driven. Why would an advertiser want its video to take so long to load that most people give up before watching? Pretty sure that’s not their plan lol. 
    I think Glu is just doing their best to be as greedy as possible trying to get us to spend money on gold right now.
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Yeah mine are more like 5+ apart and that’s very hot or miss
  • AmbiguousAmbiguous Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    They are still making money from us watching the ads too, I don't understand why they would limit it intentionally. 

If this doesn't get fixed I most certainly won't be continuing to play. The most fun and exciting part of this game is being a part of a competitive club and competing in the events with your clubmates. Gold is absolutely essential to get bonus players to perform well each day, and the videos are the only thing making this possible for me. I do purchase $70-100 specials from time to time but it is unreasonable for me to do that every week just to have fun playing and it would be absolutely absurd for Glu to require it, which is what limiting the videos would do. 

I hope they know they wouldn't just be losing F2P players, but P2P players too. 
  • GildrakGildrak Registered Users, Member 28 Posts
    Oddly enough, the pop up vids between cvc rounds seem to be working just fine. 
  • atlbraves13atlbraves13 Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
    Looks like they are slowing down time between videos loading now as well.  I'm out if this is continues.  There's no way to keep up and have fun with all the new bonus players every week.  Just pure greed.  They don't care about the F2P players fine, but now even the $20 here and there players are gonna have a tough time because the rewards are too shitty
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Videos are rolling in at high speed all night in the 18 version. Wouldn’t they have the same advertisers? I’ve spent more time and gold  in 18 lately than I have in 19
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Yeah popped into ‘18 and videos work just fine there so I’m pretty certain it’s not an advertisers issue.  I don’t envy the CS agents here because I’m sure they’re told to send the boiler plate response, I don’t think this issue is intentional but with some of the things we’ve seen people are rightly suspicious.  If there was a hard limit they’d likely say so and I’m sure advertisers don’t want to hear that people can only watch one ad every 2-5 minutes.  Well see if any fix is forthcoming and I think there will be as this is likely hurting their bottom line at least somewhat.  Whales and sharks will eventually leave too if there aren’t minnows (F2P players) to feed upon.
  • sarge268sarge268 Registered Users, Member 80 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    Videos are rolling in at high speed all night in the 18 version. Wouldn’t they have the same advertisers? I’ve spent more time and gold  in 18 lately than I have in 19
    I noticed the videos in ‘18 had no lag, loaded right away and I could watch as many as I want. I’m still trying to cap some legendary players in diamond in ‘18 so I’ve been spending more time there too. 
  • likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    edited June 2019
    No videos would load for me during CVC now as well. 
    WTF
    Glu must have ran out of money. 
    I also noticed that TSB18 was only playing the (10sec) TSB19 videos for me....

edit: NVM I went back in and it’s a different video now. 
  • ktm2118ktm2118 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Gildrak said:
    Oddly enough, the pop up vids between cvc rounds seem to be working just fine. 
    No they aren't I can't watch anything lol what a joke. Not you the game  
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Y’all remember this exact same thing happened last season in 18, at least twice I believe, but after September (I think) all was good again the rest of the way. The same explanations were used by CS back then. Bottom line is no one wins in this scenario and it should get fixed sooner rather than later if all parties on the vending side agree. @JEDDDOGGY showed a news piece about Apple banning certain kinds of advertising using rewards as inducements (don’t remember exactly what was being banned but my iPad barely has any offers showing now, never mind restricted volume of videos). My android team has lots of offers but video restriction is similar.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    So it should only be apples vs apples
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    edited June 2019
    Ambiguous said:
    They are still making money from us watching the ads too, I don't understand why they would limit it intentionally. 
    Plus, if it was true, the ads between screens wouldn't be running as consistently as they are. 

Ad sales and play on web sites works through automation. The seller (the site/app) asks for x cents per mila (price per 1,000 views). They set that price along with a max cap on sales over a certain period of time. 

The buyer (company looking to have its commercial played) sets in the same automation that they'll buy the space offered for y cents per mila. They also set that price with a cap over a certain amount of time. When the numbers set by the buyer and seller match up, that automated system links them together, and the ad plays on the site/app. 

It's ridiculous to suggest there are no buyers available for this demographic. This game is dominated by males 18-35. It's incredibly likely Glu set a premium price on their space during their peak hours, if not longer. They're probably experimenting with pricing to set something consistent moving forward. Could also be pushing people to sign up for the offers, which I imagine are far more profitable for Glu than the videos. 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Between the slow loading videos and the limit on the number watched it’s almost as if glu doesn’t want us to participate 
    After continuing to press CS, which I don’t think they know what is actually going on, they said they will send this to the dev team. 
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts

• fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Get ur s#!t together Glu...
  • TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
    edited June 2019
    I got a completely different answer. All the guy did was copy and paste. It’s not a completely unrelated answer but still. Glu did me like that with that copy and paste BS....
    It was suppose to mean that the videos for gold were working and the videos for the achievements were working but it would be every other video or so that worked. One video worked fine and the next it said it was unable to load video. The same thing for the CVC.
    TBWepa said

• newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts

So after a couple messages I sent and got the same automated reply blaming the venders and saying glu is WORKING on making things better, yada yada, blah blah blah.  
      I sent that message back trying to stay polite while still strongly getting our point across
    @newfy thank you for that! I am done spending with Glu. I wonder if their vendors see this? Maybe they will be done with Glu too...?
  • newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    Here is the reply to that post.  He actually came up with this one himself I think!!   Maybe it will get added to their auto reply list.   

• PADRESSUCK619PADRESSUCK619 Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    My videos have been working just fine. It sucks that so many people are having problems with them. 
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Yeah I e gotten the same copy paste message. I’m don spending and playing until I hear that videos are fix. Taking a break. 
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    edited June 2019
    I have to reset the ad tracking on my device a couple times here and there, but otherwise mine work.  They are loading a lot slower, though.
  • BobbyFlayBobbyFlay Registered Users, Member 53 Posts
    Videos have started working normally again for me.