Well, I'm done.

BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
edited June 2019 in General TSB Discussion
I am currently very fed up with this game for the obvious reason that videos have been reworked in order to punish free to play players. The adjusted income of 500 gold per day compared to what I was getting, 3,000 or more per day, is simply excruciating and unbearable. I simply cannot play the game at a high level and compete with other players while being limited to one box a day, or one Hof restart per day. Tou get the picture. The double on offers and not videos today makes it seem as if they're making this permanent. So that is why I'm calling it quits. Not gonna play woh or cvc, I'm just done. And unless they fix this BS I'm never coming back. I hope you all continue to fight for what is right, but I can't anymore. It's been a fun 3 year ride, but I'm calling it quits for now. Love you guys, and take care!

Comments

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited June 2019
    @BlackFang4 Sorry to hear that but I get it. It's maddening as to guessing Glu's motive sometimes but these last couple weeks have made it clear they want people to spend their gold. PXP will not be available as a reward most likely this week outside what has already been made available based on the box in store through tonight, which would again force some that do get prime(s) today to spend on leveling those players, or cycle like mad. Plus the bonus players available this past weekend in specials, as they have been available increasingly.

My hope is that once people do spend we will resume but the double gold weekends may either be significantly decreased or a thing of the past for a while. Releasing double skills so quickly and double gold weekends seems to have backed Glu into a corner and made us somewhat expectant. Maybe it's just me but this shift doesn't suggest a company that's maintaining revenue and has caused a correction on what they offer for free. Even Moments from the get-go haven't offered a second one for a video view though I am not sure that was always an option in 18 like it has been the last 6 months.

Regardless, it's lean times it seems and I like WoH too much these days to not play it. Unfortunately that makes most of the week's event that much less appealing. My unsolicited advice would be to see what happens Father's Day weekend and July 4th/All-star break. If things don't change by then they probably never will.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Serious question for all the players who watch videos and are frustrated. 

Why not just go to diamond? If you have cash, bonus games, and a little evo with a decent team you can get all that free gold. 

I have 31K in gold. None bought and none from videos. Just saying, it’s another alternative. 
    I haven't paid much attention to diamond discussion but how exactly do you get all that gold? Cycling diamond tier over and over? How many bonus games is that if so?
    I haven't paid much attention to diamond discussion but how exactly do you get all that gold? Cycling diamond tier over and over? How many bonus games is that if so?
    The last level of platinum, which takes somewhere around 350-400 bonus games is 7500 gold. Every diamond level is 7500 gold, 250K cash, and either 100 bonus games (diamond 1-5) or 650 evo (diamond 6). 

Division (tournament or bonus games) wins needed for playoffs 
    1- 500
    2- 600
    3- 800
    4, 5, and 6- 1000 (easily doable in 2-3 days if you have some time)
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    @Bigpredfan I hear you on going Diamond, but I like winning WOH. I never did last year as I moved to Diamond too quickly. How could I possibly win WOH if I were in Diamond. I think I focus so much now on WOH because of my struggles with it in ‘18. Is it true that you don’t have to spend gold to level up players in Diamond? In addition, how do you possibly have enough Evo to level up enough guys to be competitive?
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited June 2019

Why not just go to diamond? If you have cash, bonus games, and a little evo with a decent team you can get all that free gold. 

I have 31K in gold. None bought and none from videos. Just saying, it’s another alternative. 

This. 

I was watching videos and getting 1-2K per day during regular 4 gold. Now I cycle D6 daily and get 7.5K per day. Before I felt like I had my phone open all day with videos playing constantly, whereas now I just hop on and bang out some games every couple hrs or so. Not to mention the double club points are nice. 

Anyhow, definitely sorry to see you go BlackFang. I know a lot of people are frustrated and quitting because they can't play the game how they like to. (cycling Diamond isn't for everyone, of course). Hopefully, they'll get back to what they were doing before. Don't think they could've been struggling that much given all the superclubs and big spenders that are out there that don't watch videos anyway.
    @Bigpredfan I hear you on going Diamond, but I like winning WOH. I never did last year as I moved to Diamond too quickly. How could I possibly win WOH if I were in Diamond. I think I focus so much now on WOH because of my struggles with it in ‘18. Is it true that you don’t have to spend gold to level up players in Diamond? In addition, how do you possibly have enough Evo to level up enough guys to be competitive?
    Yes it is true that no gold is required to level up players in diamond. just cash and XP which is really just XP after the balls you can trade in. 

Right now I can beat walk-off classic fairly easily with only one player in diamond. I won about 85% of my bonus games and about 70% of my tournaments. My team strength is only about 86K. 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts

Plenty of us don’t have the resources to go diamond. You almost had me talked into it but I’m not even ready for platinum. Monday’s and Wednesday’s are my days that I can play the least-getting through woh once or maybe twice. So not much opportunity to build resources. 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts

Seeing how disinterested I am in the game this year due mostly to just being burnt out by playing 18 non-stop I may go that route as well. 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts

The vids situation and the slow squeezing of pxp was what had me jump.  This version makes its easier to compete in diamond with no gold for leveling players and less xp to level someone in the platinum and diamond levels.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    With the way its set up you only need 3-4 bats in platnium to clear WOH.
    The only platinum pitchers are 4.8,4.9,4.10 and 5.5 and higher.   I only did one woh in plat before I went diamond but I breezed through with only 4 bats.  Plat is much easier then gold.

In terms of evo, going on runs helps for those.   Feel free to PM if you want details.
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    I am currently tearing through Platinum and have amassed 5,536 Gold but dont have the evo needed to bring my guys along with, so Im struggling winning games so I guess its time to spend that gold on evo tokens, my season mode is now permanently screwed sadly but I do love me some gold.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• sarge268sarge268 Registered Users, Member 80 Posts
    I’ve been hesitant to level up this year. I stayed silver until this past weekend. With videos rarely working I wasn’t sure if I would have the resources to level people up in the higher levels. Reading these posts make me think I should go for it and get through diamond. I was under the impression diamond levels required gold to level up like last year. 
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Enuf crying...why would anyone think they can compete freely with people that spend real money??? Find me an aspect in life where there isn’t a vast difference between those that spend vs those that take!
    I believe the video issue is to combat hackers to be honest. We had a guy stop by for a weekend in our club recently. He blabbered how he designed a program to play videos and tap while he sleeps. Went to bed with 1mil gold and woke up with 7+mil. Don’t know how he did it, but I wish I was that tech literate!!! Regardless, the video limit is most likely to stop shenanigans like this and other schemes. Trust me, I’m no fan of Glu as my previous posts imply, but stop with the whining about f2p and the like. As stated earlier in the thread...get to diamond and you can have all the gold your heart desires. I too watch videos for gold and believe the current situation sucks it, but that’s how life works. Make lemonade from these lemons. Just like real life, there are differences between the haves and have nots. Quitters always find a way to grumble and, well, quit. Suck it up and spend some money in the arms race that is TSB19...
    🎯
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    game Guardian is a hack that can be used to watch videos and play bonus games. You can cycle diamond while you sleep- how nice would that be?They could take a closer look into our accounts and figure out who’s cheating and ban them. I know that they could start another account with a different email but it would at least hinder the cheaters. I think that 500 gold daily is a very low limit to set. If this is where the limit stays then how about lowering the price of the boxes or giving us better odds when buying boxes. 
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    fahhq2 said:
    Enuf crying...why would anyone think they can compete freely with people that spend real money??? Find me an aspect in life where there isn’t a vast difference between those that spend vs those that take!
    I believe the video issue is to combat hackers to be honest. We had a guy stop by for a weekend in our club recently. He blabbered how he designed a program to play videos and tap while he sleeps. Went to bed with 1mil gold and woke up with 7+mil. Don’t know how he did it, but I wish I was that tech literate!!! Regardless, the video limit is most likely to stop shenanigans like this and other schemes. Trust me, I’m no fan of Glu as my previous posts imply, but stop with the whining about f2p and the like. As stated earlier in the thread...get to diamond and you can have all the gold your heart desires. I too watch videos for gold and believe the current situation sucks it, but that’s how life works. Make lemonade from these lemons. Just like real life, there are differences between the haves and have nots. Quitters always find a way to grumble and, well, quit. Suck it up and spend some money in the arms race that is TSB19...
    🎯

People have been complaining for a generation (several, actually) that real baseball is dominated by those clubs willing to pay big dollars, and that competitive balance is better.  This isn't that different.  The F2P players aren't asking for an even playing filed, they're just asking that their ability to play on the same field not be completely stripped away. 
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    10 bucks for 4K gold if you need some razors lol 
  • ChiiChii Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    The last level of platinum, which takes somewhere around 350-400 bonus games is 7500 gold. Every diamond level is 7500 gold, 250K cash, and either 100 bonus games (diamond 1-5) or 650 evo (diamond 6). 

Division (tournament or bonus games) wins needed for playoffs 
    1- 500
    2- 600
    3- 800
    4, 5, and 6- 1000 (easily doable in 2-3 days if you have some time)
    Look out Diamond... Here I come! 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    3,000+ gold a day from the videos?? So, you spent around 6 hours a day cycling through videos? Good grief, man! You should probably stop playing the game just to watch your quality of life improve. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    @retirepujols It's really not that bad; I never watch videos in and of themselves. I watched them while watching Cardinal games or shows with my wife. It's not allowed at work like some of you guys, but it wasn't really that hard to get in that much time otherwise.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Props on the dedication, man 😂 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • sta4rrsta4rr Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
    If your on Iphone go to your settings> Privacy>Advertsing> Reset Advertising Identifier
  • sta4rrsta4rr Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
    If your on Iphone go to your settings> Privacy>Advertsing>
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    sta4rr said:
    If your on Iphone go to your settings> Privacy>Advertsing> Reset Advertising Identifier
    Doing that too many times would get you banned by tapjoy for future offers.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Toggling limit ad tracking on and off is enough. Dont reset identifier.