Constantly swinging at bad pitches

Blue1962Blue1962 Registered Users, Member 19 Posts
edited June 2019 in General TSB Discussion
First Post on the forum, and I know it's something I control but I just constantly swing at crappy pitches. Played 16 and 18 and ended 18 to the very end in diamond.But in 19 I have found myself not being able to hold off .Any tips on  correcting this issue.Am currently at 70,000 in diamond level 2 thanks for any input..

Comments

• duhjaysduhjays Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    I get like that sometimes all I do is tell myself to calm down its only a game and I end up swinging less.
  • Blue1962Blue1962 Registered Users, Member 19 Posts
    I guess I need to take more pitches and Luke you say try to calm down and quit being so jumpy all the time . I guess in my mind I'm relating the pitchers in the game to the actual real life player and I think their gonna out it close to the plate all the time . But it's a game so I'll try your suggestion and see if it works , thanks
  • ReclinerRecliner Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    I’d say the more you play the better your timing/recognizing the pitch that is being thrown will improve. Hard to give tips, just practice
    I should be a helluva lot better at recognizing pitches after 12,000 games In Tsb18 and the games in 19 that I have played but I get to jumpy at the plate in this game .I know it's hard for anybody to give tips.. I guess I just need to hold up more and when I see what they are throwing I'll be better off.Thanks
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Blue1962 said:
    First Post on the forum, and I know it's something I control but I just constantly swing at crappy pitches. Played 16 and 18 and ended 18 to the very end in diamond.But in 19 I have found myself not being able to hold off .Any tips on  correcting this issue.Am currently at 70,000 in diamond level 2 thanks for any input..
    Find a friend who is diamond and practice head to head against each other. Play each inning with no autoplays. It’s free, you get cash per inning played and a reward at the end. You’ll get to see their pitchers and the pitches thrown. Free practice with a few extra resources along the way 
    Thanks Bigpredfan for the input, I'll definitely try that out. I think I got to comfortable with autoplay in 18 playing  about 12,000 bonus games. Just trying to rush through for the rewards at the end of each level. Now I need to slow down and play more games. Appreciated
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    I was tap happy and swung at one not even thrown yet...
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

edited June 2019
    And I thought I was the only one, I've been trying to slow down some on my swinging. Even though I am watching more strikes go by I've realized that after 1-2 inning's I've  pretty much  seen his whole arsenal of pitches and how he's gonna bring it to the plate and that makes it alot easier.
  • Yankee1966Yankee1966 Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
    Yup me too it's crazy when it looks like coming down the pipe and the ball rips to the right of left and gets us.
  • Yankee1966Yankee1966 Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
    matt_sackett said:me too when I think it coming fast it's slow lol
    I was tap happy and swung at one not even thrown yet...

• BigHurtBigHurt Registered Users, Member 157 Posts
    edited June 2019
    I've completely changed my batting approach now for WOH, since often times the slow stuff that goes down the middle of the plate on first pitch turns into a grounder or pop up a high percentage of the time.

What I've been doing lately is I almost always take first pitch. If I don't see another strike in the at-bat, albeit if it is with less than two outs,  so be it, i'll take the out and start over. Overall, I believe it has reduced the number of double plays i've hit into for WOH and this strategy is helping me in bonus games and tournaments.  

To speak most specifically to the point, if you take the first pitch, you'll probably be 1-0 if the pitch was off the plate, and may be a little more likely to see a fastball like 3rd or 4th pitch of the at bat. Don't be afraid to be a little more patient and wait it out. It actually makes each bat more fun, imo.