Clash??

ihuffgluihuffglu Registered Users, Member 172 Posts
Can someone explain to me, why is it so difficult? Is it because I'm going against RP's and not SP's? It's frustrating only being able to put up a few hundred points compared to CVC where I score from 100k and up.
"Never take your eye off the underdog"

Comments

• tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    edited June 2019
    Yup, I kid you not, last week I went 0 for 15 in Bronze. Crazy hard vs CvC
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    and rewards are insulting, so I pass
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • ihuffgluihuffglu Registered Users, Member 172 Posts
    I really would hope they just scrap clash. I wonder what was the thought process when throwing it into the mix.
    "Never take your eye off the underdog"
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    edited June 2019
    ihuffglu said:
    I really would hope they just scrap clash. I wonder what was the thought process when throwing it into the mix.
    Simple, don’t forget to upgrade your pitchers and have a full club. 

By making your pitchers who the other team faces, it encourages you to level up your ace. If you have 20 diamond teams with strong pitchers it makes it very hard to beat. 

20 club members means 20 actual pitchers to face, not 3 players pitchers and 17 scrubs to choose from. 
  • newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts

20 club members means 20 actual pitchers to face, not 3 players pitchers and 17 scrubs to choose from. 

This is is what I believe was the main purpose of the clash.  They wanted to control the “club jumpers” and “solo clubs”.  Which a solo club will get destroyed buy most clubs unless you are really good and know how to control the odds!!!  

• FlushingJetsFlushingJets Registered Users, Member 18 Posts
    I have a hard time scoring in clash also. Even yesterday when I had two of the bonus guys. 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    It makes very little sense how improbable it is my 80k silver team can string hits together against bronze pitchers. I get that if Im going against even silver pitchers not evolved on gold teams there will be trouble but clash has been flat out impossible for me all of this season, bonus or no bonus. 

• sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    edited June 2019
    tshea510 said:
    and rewards are insulting, so I pass
    I won MVP of 2 clashes yesterday, so I got 2 of the boxes. Both times it was the worst player in the box. I felt like I wasted my time getting a player that was barely good enough to even be considered a 1st round pick. 
  • woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    Don't feel bad,I got 6 boxes and got nobody.
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    I got 4 clash boxes yesterday. Matthew Boyd three times.....and then the angelic choir began to sing...and out popped prime Bregman on the last box. My buddy also managed a prime Freeman.
    So - yeah - it can be done, but the odds certainly do suck.
  • tomciz2tomciz2 Registered Users, Member 60 Posts
    Clash is garbage please stop this and do regular Cvc !!!
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    sullipa8 said:
     I felt like I wasted my time getting a player that was barely good enough to even be considered a 1st round pick. 
    It's hard to fathom just how bad a player has to not be good enough for Glu to consider him a first-round pick. 
  • midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    @Cooz19
    It would be such a different feeling if there was even the slightest chance of a player in a draft pick being able to make one's lineup after the first two weeks of this game.  Just give us 1/1000 chance of opening up a Prime Player.
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    @midgetmullet I agree 1,000 percent with that idea. That or just give us experience in the late and second-round picks. At the very least, after 1-2 weeks, there is a zero percent chance any of those players help teams that play the game frequently. It saves time. Even eliminating them as "rewards" for winning games/rounds and just giving us experience to save the multiple-step process of trading them in would be great. 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I swear the odds are better on CvC and clash boxes than when bought.  Seems I always get players consistently from these.