Are double gold videos dead?

benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
With this tiny daily cap on video gold, I doubt we will ever see double gold video weekends again.... 😥

Anyone think different?

Comments

• slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    I dont think so, but def after them botching it two weeks or so ago I think it'll take some time. Maybe/hopefully fathers day
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    and of course when you ask glu "we don't control the content of the amount of our advertising"
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    I think we will be pleasantly surprised. I think they are working on fixing this video issue and won’t do it until it’s completely fixed. I’m going to guess Fathers day weekend. 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    I'm not seeing any kind of cap or restriction on videos. I've earned about 900 gold so far today. 
    In the time it took me to write this, I moved up to 904. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Double gold videos were dead for the first half of 2018. It was offers only for double gold. I wouldn’t say they are dead, but it may be a while before we see them again 
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Who needs dbl gold videos when Postmates keeps on showing up in my offers! I now have 14 new email addresses for 2 teams 😎
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    As of this morning, PST, zero vids available for anything on iOS for me, but android is “ok”
    It's all done with mirrors
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Dead?  I wouldn't go that far but I have a hunch we dont see them anytime soon.   Unless single gold videos go back to normal, i'd be stunned if double gold ones are seen
    Cooz19 said:
    I'm not seeing any kind of cap or restriction on videos. I've earned about 900 gold so far today. 
    In the time it took me to write this, I moved up to 904. 
    Still no issue. Spent a bunch so I lost track of where I am but probably around 1,700 for the day. 
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    I am up to about 1200 myself.  I am on Android, and I think I saw somewhere the cap was actually an Apple thing, not GLU.  Not certain about the last part.
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    I was hitting the daily cap on Android device early last week. I have backed off since then to make sure I have videos for WOH and CVC. Maybe things are improving........
    @Tdub71 I'm on iOS.

I'll get the "No videos available" tag. In IOS, Force close the game, turn off the Limit Ad Tracker button (in the advertising menu in privacy through settings), open the game and try to run an ad. Repeat those steps if it doesn't work. Usually does. If not, I don't have to do it more than twice to get videos again. 
    Cooz19 said:
    @Tdub71 I'm on iOS.

I'll get the "No videos available" tag. In IOS, Force close the game, turn off the Limit Ad Tracker button (in the advertising menu in privacy through settings), open the game and try to run an ad. Repeat those steps if it doesn't work. Usually does. If not, I don't have to do it more than twice to get videos again. 
    That is exactly what I do.  Usually works on the first try.  I am up to about 1500 gold today from videos.
    Tdub71 said:
    That is exactly what I do.  Usually works on the first try.  I am up to about 1500 gold today from videos.
    Laptop on the table in front of me so I can "work," tablet propped up next to it watching shows (on "Atlanta" now after finally getting through the final two seasons of "Community") and phone in my right hand, clicking away on "Watch Video." 
    Ahhh.  Multitasking.  A lost art.  I have been doing the same, sans "Atlanta".  I have a desktop and a laptop on my desk at work that I am constantly having to switch between, though.
  • eman0023eman0023 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    Does anybody only get the same Ad over and over again, on iOS? 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I think they are having server issues.  Videos were working poorly before they put the cap in effect.  They even tried to do the double vids and then backed out with a lame excuse;  believe they crashed the system.  Anyhow, I think the cap and lack of double vids are both just temporary.  I’d look to July 4th weekend as the next edition of double gold vids.  
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    I'm seconding the guess that Fathers Day weekend will have double gold starting on Thurs 13th. 
    Just a hunch.
    I'm seconding the guess that Fathers Day weekend will have double gold starting on Thurs 13th. 
    Just a hunch.
    Fingers crossed...