Cycling WOH Math

Rick_Rock_RizzleRick_Rock_Rizzle Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
When I play WOH, I'm usually in a frenzy and haven't sat to figure this out.   Let's say I was going to cycle WOH five times and want the most XP.  After that first time, when I get the player, should I manually max him out, or just get him to gold (I'm a gold level) or get him to gold level 5 or 6 and get the free upgrades (for levels 7, 8, 9, 10)?  Which way yields more XP? 
Asked another way, from level 6 to 7, you get the free upgrade which has an XP value, plus the XP for duplicate player, and so it's a lot.  But once he's maxed out, you don't get any more upgrades, but you get that big chunk of XP.  Which path provides more?  Plus, I find lately that the players don't really improve my roster, so I'm not super interested in investing a lot in them, and it's pretty frustrating if I have to work and can only do WOH like 2 or 3 times, but I've maxed the guy out and really only earned like 7k XP, and spent 15-20k leveling him up...  

Comments

• Grippy5Grippy5 Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    When they are G10 and you cycle again don't the attributes (hitting, power, speed) go up again but the overall level stays the same? Or is that just from pulling people out of boxes?
  • newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    Grippy5 said:
    When they are G10 and you cycle again don't the attributes (hitting, power, speed) go up again but the overall level stays the same? Or is that just from pulling people out of boxes?

No @grippy5 , when a player is capped at level none of his stats go up any further as far as I know!!  That is except for keepers and ML who will go up in increments as the year goes on!! 
    @DFBB you are a woh master so can you answer this trend any ?   I’d had the same thoughts as I always went to G5 and then cycle for level ups.  I don’t get enough time to do the math for each way, so I am curious if we cap player at g10 how much xp is rewarded?   
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    @Rick_Rock_Rizzle If you cycle x times, take your player to gold 10 - x + 1 cycles. So if you plan to cycle 5 times, when you get him, level him to gold 6. Since you have 4 cycles left, you'll get him to 7, 8, 9, then 10. This is the most efficient way to maximize XP when you want your player to the highest tier possible.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    newfy said:
    @DFBB you are a woh master so can you answer this trend any ?   I’d had the same thoughts as I always went to G5 and then cycle for level ups.  I don’t get enough time to do the math for each way, so I am curious if we cap player at g10 how much xp is rewarded?   
    It depends on how many cycles you plan on doing. As @BlackFang4 mentioned, ideally, you want to be able to cycle cap. However, in the OP's case, where he doesn't care about the player and only plan on a few cycles? In that scenario, I'd take him to g1 and cycled a few times to maximize xp. It will give you more xp than you otherwise get and his trade value will also increase in the process.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    newfy said:
    Grippy5 said:

No @grippy5 , when a player is capped at level none of his stats go up any further as far as I know!!  That is except for keepers and ML who will go up in increments as the year goes on!! 
    I'm 99% sure it happened to my Hot Start Mike Trout. Anyone have him at Silver 10? What are his stats? Mine is 151 153 90
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Grippy5 said:
    newfy said:
    Grippy5 said:

I'm 99% sure it happened to my Hot Start Mike Trout. Anyone have him at Silver 10? What are his stats? Mine is 151 153 90
    Well today you hit the grand prize and the 1%!

a player will not increase when capped and needing evo if pulled again. Think about it, the overall rating is a combination of all of his skills. If the hitting goes up, so does his overall rating. 
  • PhillyPhan87PhillyPhan87 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    Grippy5 said:
    newfy said:
    Grippy5 said:

I know exactly what you are talking about. If you get a player that you already capped, it 'reduces' him back to level 9 and shows you his 'increase' back to 10. Kinda stupid way of doing it, but I guarantee your Trout is the same as everyone elses who capped it.
    Luck = getting all curveballs in WOH
    edited June 2019
    the spreadsheet could be wrong tho
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    His gold stats on the spreadsheet are correct
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    edited June 2019
    Grippy5 said:
    the spreadsheet could be wrong tho
    it may be
    Ok so maybe we have a new #gate.   This will be called #statsgate!!!    @Houmy we got another one!!!     So can someone else post thier trout to see if his stats match spread sheet?
  • midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    DFBB said:
    newfy said:
    It depends on how many cycles you plan on doing. As @BlackFang4 mentioned, ideally, you want to be able to cycle cap. However, in the OP's case, where he doesn't care about the player and only plan on a few cycles? In that scenario, I'd take him to g1 and cycled a few times to maximize xp. It will give you more xp than you otherwise get and his trade value will also increase in the process.
    @DFBB How about if you are at Platinum?  It costs about 25k xp to get through gold.  Don't know the trade in difference but I'd assume it's not worth it if you are only going to finish off a few cycles and don't need the player.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @midgetmullet Truth be told, I was only in plat for a few cycles and I didn't pay attention. Off hand, if you're only interested in the xp, I'd take him to g1 if you're only doing a few cycles.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • gdc23gdc23 Registered Users, Member 42 Posts
    when you upgrade the player skills, it may affect the rating displayed. 

that's the source of the discrepancy 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Is it the corresponding Trout version?  There have been a few.
    bigvivec said:
    Is it the corresponding Trout version?  There have been a few.
    Yes it was
  • Rick_Rock_RizzleRick_Rock_Rizzle Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    Thanks y'all.