Odubel Herrera? Are you freaking kidding me?

navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
So Glu decides to make a woman beater as a special bonus today. Please join me in sending a stern message to Glu that this is unacceptable. I sent a message in already. Will you join me?
Prev1

Comments

• navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts

• HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Glad I didn't pull him then. Bought two boxes just for the heck of it and....

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• gdc23gdc23 Registered Users, Member 42 Posts
    it's not that serious. relax with the virtue signaling 
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

I actually hadn't heard about those allegations, and I pulled him and leveled him to silver 10 already.  Argh.

As for "virtue signaling," @gdc23, I think we can all agree it is a good virtue not to beat women. 

Agreed, @Metsicans.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    yeah head scratcher and something that could have easily been avoided.   Its disappointing  
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    There is no way GLU should be releasing that player.  That is crazy.  They should just replace him in the box.  Anyone that pulled him should get the replacement player at the same level they pushed him up to.  That is the fair solution.  Make it easy, and make the replacement Jay Bruce, and use the same hit/power/speed ratings.
  • SuperKingOfPaisasSuperKingOfPaisas Registered Users, Member 175 Posts
    they removed ray rice of madden for stuff like this just saying
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    gdc23 said:
    it's not that serious. relax with the virtue signaling 
    It's not that serious. Relax with the toxic masculinity.
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Tdub71 said:
    There is no way GLU should be releasing that player.  That is crazy.  They should just replace him in the box.  Anyone that pulled him should get the replacement player at the same level they pushed him up to.  That is the fair solution.  Make it easy, and make the replacement Jay Bruce, and use the same hit/power/speed ratings.
    I'm sure someone is blasting them on social media right now, and those are the actions they'll take. I like to think the only reason they used him was ignorance to the issue. The aftermath it will cause doesn't even come close to justifying using a player with that kind of record. 

As for the OP, the way these things are handled now is you make an uproar on Facebook or Twitter. That way, others will jump in and the shaming begins. They can easily ignore one email/DM comment. 
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    John 8:7...I’m just saying
    this is a game, relax. I hope they give him a super bonus multiplier. What are you going to do, stop playing??? 😭 

let the fireworks begin...again😏
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    Houmy said:
    Glad I didn't pull him then. Bought two boxes just for the heck
    Houmy said:

Houmy said:

You’re are a very lucky person when it comes to these boxes. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    @Houmy works for GLU, its been verified and confirmed by @DFBB. ;)
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    😂 
    dkarski87 said:
    If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times: If I worked for GLU then you would be posting a lot more and none of it too positive (nephew ring a bell?) 😡😡😡

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Houmy said:
    dkarski87 said:
    If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times: If I worked for GLU then you would be posting a lot more and none of it too positive (nephew ring a bell?) 😡😡😡
    It’s true. Anyone who is a Glu employee has to conclude their post a certain way. We all know it. Hope everyone has a good day. Happy tapping!

Warmest Regards
    Bigpredfan 
  • PhillyPhan87PhillyPhan87 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    edited June 2019
    So Glu decides to make a woman beater as a special bonus today. Please join me in sending a stern message to Glu that this is unacceptable. I sent a message in already. Will you join me?
    The Phillies have not done anything officially, but it is expected they will release him or DFA him. They have removed his banners from around Citizens Bank Park the last few days, quietly distancing themselves from him.

He wasn't popular in Philadelphia before this incident and his current slump makes his release an easy decision for the FA in my eyes, but until they make it official I will hold my breathe that they don't completely botch this situation.
    Luck = getting all curveballs in WOH
    Houmy said:
    dkarski87 said:
    It’s true. Anyone who is a Glu employee has to conclude their post a certain way. We all know it. Hope everyone has a good day. Happy tapping!

Warmest Regards
    Bigpredfan 
    So sayeth the puppeteer behind the bot known as @dfbb

• PhillyPhan87PhillyPhan87 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    I just pulled Prime SS Segura. Nice. Wish I had more Prime XP tho!
    Luck = getting all curveballs in WOH
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I just pulled Prime SS Segura. Nice. Wish I had more Prime XP tho!
    I pulled him today too. He is staying bronze one and still giving me points. Want the 2B in the box personally. 
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    One of my clubmates bought 2 boxes and got Segura and Harper.  I bought 8, got 2 from fan rewards, and ended up with only Ceasar Hernandez...  Grumble, grumble, grumble.
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Hey Bud I just wanted to make you aware, several of us out here are pretty bent about Odubel Herrera being in the box for this weekend. I would like to see if you could find a way to request he be removed from the box or modified out or replaced. He is a Disgrace to baseball and manhood anyone that would do what he did to his girlfriend should be jailed and out of baseball. The Phillies have pulled down their banners of him at the park and basically distanced themselves from it...Please tell glu they should be respectful and do the same. - Sent to my contact at glu...
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Pulled Harper which completes my lineup, thanks for posting him silver 10 @Houmy...hoping with the additions of him and freeman hof woh gets a little easier
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    They should switch him out for Cesar for those who have already pulled him, I would be really surprised if the company didn’t make things right considering they didn’t let my buddy keep his team name toughbeavers from last year...
  • LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    Pulled Hernandez on the 2nd (and final) try.
  • tdh23tdh23 Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    I’m glad to here others are having luck, I’m 1-15 with the boxes with Herrera on box 15. 
  • woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    I pulled Eflin first box.  I hate people posting their first box pulls, but yea...  Two weeks in a row with a good pull, 6 weeks of horror before that.
  • WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    I get why people are upset about Herrera, but those of us who pulled him and levelled him shouldn't be punished. If they eliminate Herrera, they need to replace him with an OF with exact same skills and put that player levelled on my roster.
    I pulled Hernandez too, so if they did what whammo suggested, after all the other crap glu pulls, that would be it for me, i would quit. You can't just take a 5 star special player away.
    @Waveburner. I completely understand where you’re coming from. They should definitely replace him with another player.