Pity Timer is Arriving(Also, an update too)!!!

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
edited June 2019 in General TSB Discussion
Finally, Glu has listened and this should make many people happy. Details are in the VIP newsletter. If you're not familiar with it, it basically means that you won't lose to the odds. If there's a 10% player, for example, you are guaranteed to get a 10% player within 10 boxes. If you get one sooner, the 'pity timer' will result. This is a common method used for rng-based games and  I'm glad GLU has hopped on the bandwagon!
If you're not having fun, you're losing.

Comments

• JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    We are not worthy!!  
  • lenardlenard Registered Users, Member 88 Posts
    Can you elaborate further? What for you mean ‘pity timer will result’?
  • superbaldy77superbaldy77 Registered Users, Member 144 Posts
    Be interesting to see if odds are lower now....
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited June 2019
    @lenard I mean, reset. 'Result' was a typo.
  • lenardlenard Registered Users, Member 88 Posts
    Ah I see. So when are they implementing it?
    lenard said:
    Ah I see. So when are they implementing it?
    Next update. It's a HUGE update!
    Shout out to @dkarski87 for forwarding this to me:

• Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    So what you're saying is Glu is planning on assuring the odds they post match the drop rate in the game? They will no longer throw out seemingly arbitrary numbers described as odds, even though the actual results don't match those odds? 

Shut the front door! 
    @Cooz19 After the next update, you can beat the odds, but you will no longer lose to the odds. Sounds good? LOL
  • Punkers777Punkers777 Registered Users, Member 236 Posts
    haven't gotten the newsletter yet. But this is really interesting.
  • superbaldy77superbaldy77 Registered Users, Member 144 Posts
    edited June 2019
    Looks like they are only guaranteeing the best prize in selected boxes. Clever, forces us to buy more boxes to get that 3% prime player. Devil is in the details.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I ain’t got my newsletter yet :(
  • TheHolyGhostTheHolyGhost Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    I’m more excited about the “gold spent during select fan rewards” counting towards the stadium.  I am always so torn between spending or saving on weekends, and this should solve my dilemma!
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    I heard chatter on a Facebook TSB page that they’re doing away with cycling diamond 6 for 650 evo. I sure hope not
    I heard chatter on a Facebook TSB page that they’re doing away with cycling diamond 6 for 650 evo. I sure hope not
    I'd be really surprised if that happens. I can, however, see them making the d6 playoffs considerably tougher.
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    @dfbb And they're finally adding commas to the leaderboards. Tiny quality of life change that saves my eyeballs.
    edited June 2019
    There was also chatter of your player being moved from silver 10 to gold 1 if pulled again on Facebook last year, so.........

edit: so I got my eyes on a copy of the newsletter and that’s actually coming in an update so.........
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    Keen to see what happens when the player is capped at gold for instance and u are gold - will there be any extra benefit from a duplicate pull other than the current xp reward.... we will have to wait for the update to find out I guess
    There was also chatter of your player being moved from silver 10 to gold 1 if pulled again on Facebook last year, so.........

edit: so I got my eyes on a copy of the newsletter and that’s actually coming in an update so.........
    That's something that happened in '17 and removed in '18. It's also a positive change. Removing d6 cycles for gold.... would not be kindly received. Lol
    DFBB said:

That's something that happened in '17 and removed in '18. It's also a positive change. Removing d6 cycles for gold.... would not be kindly received. Lol
    The post said for the evo. That makes me think it’ll be something like 7500 gold, 250K cash, and either less evo or something else. 
    DFBB said:

The post said for the evo. That makes me think it’ll be something like 7500 gold, 250K cash, and either less evo or something else. 
    Oh my bad. I thought it was about gold. Interesting.
    edited June 2019
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:

If you think about it, 300 evo could be saved a week by the new method of leveling up a player by getting them again from the 2 walk-offs each week. Gold 10 to platinum 1 and platinum 10 to diamond 1 saves 150 each walk-off 
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Wonder if atg boxes will be included 
  • MulderkenMulderken Registered Users, Member 173 Posts
    Like the wording, should be guaranteed. 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:

If you think about it, 300 evo could be saved a week by the new method of leveling up a player by getting them again from the 2 walk-offs each week. 10 to platinum 1 and platinum 10 to diamond 1 saves 150 each walk-off   
    Yes.....but more realistically this will only drive more to evo hunting.