Options

Move up to gold?

Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
You guys that are gold or better, what do you recommend as minimums for xp, cash, gold, and Evo before making the move?  No primes, but need my keepers.

Comments

• Options
    ReclinerRecliner Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    I went yesterday with 2mil cash, 350k xp, and 600+evo. I didn’t keep track of how much gold was spent but it’s 500 gold, 50 evo for keepers and 100/10 for regular guys. Brought 3 bats and my 2 keepers and ohtani to g5 and cycled 5 times to get him to g10. 
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I had less resources than that but have cycled woh  every week since going gold-easier than silver. Unfortunately for me woh days are limited playing time for me so I haven’t been able to stack up resources.  I’ve leveled up all of my hitting upgrades but nothing on pitching. I’ve won 1 out of 3 seasons so far. I have a keeper at g10 along with the rest of my hitters. I was getting bored at silver and just decided to move up
  • Options
    I am getting bashed in bonus games at silver.  Gave up after going 10-24 in 34 games today.  Every game against a gold team, but I was the better ranked team every time.  And I had the better started in at least 20 of them.  All of the guys in my club that have gone up said woh and bonus games have been a lot easier.
  • Options
    tribeguy2147tribeguy2147 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    I went with minimal resources. But I couldn't win a game in silver. Gold has been easy. Win almost every game. woh is cyclable. It's been pretty good. But I didnt bring my keepers
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    ... absolutely crushing cvc. 340-370 max guys hitting against 40-50 pitchers...
    Whaaa? Yesterday's CvC was against Colon and...some other Ranger lefty, both over 60 I believe. I think 40-50 Reds pitching is on weekend?

I do okay in CvC at silver though yesterday was first time I came close (1.2mil) to my best CvC round of a few weeks ago (over 3mil). W/o bonus I am close to a total of 1.5mil per CvC with best round being 300-500k-ish, w/bonus I can get upwards of 1mil per round with the 2-3mil outlier. I had trouble with PoTM bonus and Springer PoTW for whatever reason last couple weeks and was barely breaking 500k per CvC. Club Clash.....forget about it. Don't even bother anymore, it's so irritating.
  • Options
    UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    @Tdub71 what I did when jumping to Gold was work at one keeper at a time. I only had 200k in XP,1mil cash and 9k gold. You don’t need much gold (100 per player not sure evo). I just focused on leveling my top 5 batters and a few pitchers. You can still win games at gold building the rest of your roster out over the weeks.  When I eventually got enough Xp I did my keepers. 
  • Options
    Does this seem accurate, moving # of players noted to G10? I'm unsure of cash costs for keeper and ML. This also doesn't include upgrades cash-wise nor skill xp costs.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    I think I will probably sub out my keepers, and build them up slowly.  I have mostly 325 or 340 max players everywhere, so I should be able to fill those gaps pretty well.  I will miss Whitey Ford, and Ichiro, though.  They have been my best players by far.  I am still too short on resources, so it might be next weekend before I jump.
  • Options
    Only about 40k xp, 2k gold, 800k cash, and 250 Evo right now.
  • Options
    edited June 2019

I know I am nowhere close on xp, but do you think I am close to being ready for the jump to gold.  I would like to do it before woh on Monday.  Team upgrades full, and pennants at 25 or better for every team.
  • Options
    What's the rush? I've gained over 100k xp in silver since Friday from various winnings, 1mil cash and 8k pxp. Cycling even 5 times on Monday alone will get you a fair amount of xp + draft picks to burn. If you have sluggers worth anything homerun battles when you can could net you half a mil cash in a day. All I've done is stop spending outside of capping WoH reward plus a couple skill boosts.
  • Options
    No real rush, but I am struggling in woh and bonus games lately.  CVC has been a complete crapshoot, too.  I couldn't even cycle classic on Monday.  Of course I try not to spend any gold on woh.  Maybe I need to.
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I just made the move yesterday after getting Dahl in WOH.....I leveled 6 bats and 2 pitchers and finished the day cycling easier than I started.  Team was 89k silver, had 291bxp, 4.2m cash and 1800+ evo....used a fraction of that and am currently sitting on 170bxp, 1.4m cash and an a$$load of evo with hitting upgrades all at 59/60.  Leveled keepers to gold 1 and gold 2, didn’t touch ML, and leveled meadows to gold 6.  Still have an s10 3b and 2b, Dahl  took a spot after cycling him up to g10 and I’m waiting for the weekend to fill the rest of the lineup after boxes/CvC boxes and .3 discounts.  Took Won both CvC rounds played (missed a couple)  and am currently 96k at gold.  Took 4th yesterday solo in Royale.  Smooth transition I’d say.  
  • Options
    @bigvivec What did you do with rest of pitching staff? G1 or leave at S10 for now? I have this all mapped out and can do it anytime with plenty cash left over to max upgrades while bringing all keepers to G1 and ML, though Meadows will be G5.
  • Options
    PhillyPhan87PhillyPhan87 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    Tdub71 said:
    I think I will probably sub out my keepers, and build them up slowly.  I have mostly 325 or 340 max players everywhere, so I should be able to fill those gaps pretty well.  I will miss Whitey Ford, and Ichiro, though.  They have been my best players by far.  I am still too short on resources, so it might be next weekend before I jump.
    When I went Gold, I didn't level My Legend, 545 Schmidt and 540 Kruk beyond G1. I benched my 530 Seaver. I went with 325k exp and a few hundred thousand cash. Cash isn't a big deal because as you level players up, you get rewarded with the club shop points and keep building your cash back up (so be in a club!). You will want to prioritize the offense upgrades when you do get some spare cash though.

You need to save enough to level 6-7 regular batters to G10 (about 156k-183k xp) before jumping to Gold. Since I went Gold with 325k I chose to level most Starters and my Closer just to be competitive in Bonus games and Sprint Events also, but pitching is up to you, it depends on how you play. If you focus on WOH it's all about getting 6 or 7 quality bats. That's all you need to cycle. I never actually dropped My Legend or Keepers from my lineup, I just left them G1 until I could start pumping them up. So I used them as my 8, 9 and 10 hitters in WOH for a while. I cycle easily. I have since gotten my hitter Keepers to G7 and my Legend to G5. They make a huge difference now, making it even quicker and easier to cycle. I will probably level my Keeper pitcher eventually. I don't know.

Haven't gotten any Primes yet but I'm not crazy about blowing all of it on a 370 guy. It takes so much to level a Prime to G10 that I won't start one unless I can take him from Bronze to G10.
    Luck = getting all curveballs in WOH
  • Options
    midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    When I went to gold,
    1.  I capped my six batters and non keeper ace first
    2.  brought my keepers to gold 5
    i was able to cycle woh but not as fast as when I went to silver 
    3.  Worked on my keepers bringing them both to gold 10
    i was able to cycle much faster
    4.  Brought my legend to gold 10
    now cycles average about 30 minutes

Slugfest:
    5.  Brought four sluggers to gold 10
    could barely beat slugfest
    6.  Brought 5 to 8 other sluggers to gold 4
    able to cycle Slugfest in about 45 minutes, I’m not patient and I like to auto play early levels 
    7.  Brought 5 and 6 sluggers to gold 10 as they were losing all the time in autoplay
    now able to cycle faster than woh, about 23 min per cycle. And I auto play in all levels 1-7

Took a hell of a lot of resources for slugfest and I won’t be taking them to platinum so it’s going to keep me in gold building for longer than I’d like.  Only worth it if you plan on being in gold for awhile because xp to bring them higher than gold is atrocious. 

• Options
    PhillyPhan87PhillyPhan87 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    When I went to gold,
    1.  I capped my six batters and non keeper ace first
    2.  brought my keepers to gold 5
    i was able to cycle woh but not as fast as when I went to silver 
    3.  Worked on my keepers bringing them both to gold 10
    i was able to cycle much faster
    4.  Brought my legend to gold 10
    now cycles average about 30 minutes

Slugfest:
    5.  Brought four sluggers to gold 10
    could barely beat slugfest
    6.  Brought 5 to 8 other sluggers to gold 4
    able to cycle Slugfest in about 45 minutes, I’m not patient and I like to auto play early levels 
    7.  Brought 5 and 6 sluggers to gold 10 as they were losing all the time in autoplay
    now able to cycle faster than woh, about 23 min per cycle. And I auto play in all levels 1-7

Took a hell of a lot of resources for slugfest and I won’t be taking them to platinum so it’s going to keep me in gold building for longer than I’d like.  Only worth it if you plan on being in gold for awhile because xp to bring them higher than gold is atrocious. 

I don't plan going Platinum at all. By the time I start building resources the max overalls will then increase quickly. So it's either level new stuff to replace old stuff and stay Gold, or lock in 340 something max guys in Platinum that are too expense to replace.
    Luck = getting all curveballs in WOH
  • Options
    I went to gold around July 1 last year, and stayed there.  By the time 19 dropped, and I switched over, my team rank welas around 140k.  I was planning on doing the same this year, but I am struggling more in silver than I did last year.
  • Options
    @bigvivec What did you do with rest of pitching staff? G1 or leave at S10 for now? I have this all mapped out and can do it anytime with plenty cash left over to max upgrades while bringing all keepers to G1 and ML, though Meadows will be G5.
    S10. Hasn’t really been an issue yet.  My rco
     get th rough this weekend and use bxp with level discounts on new players.  Any leftover and I’ll think about the rest of the sliver staff.  
  • Options
    bigvivec said:
    S10. Hasn’t really been an issue yet.  My rco
     get th rough this weekend and use bxp with level discounts on new players.  Any leftover and I’ll think about the rest of the sliver staff.  
    Are you hanging out in gold for a while or do you think you'll keep moving up sooner rather than later?
  • Options
    Making a run to diamond before WOH pitching jacks up.  With the scarcity of videos and pxp I feel like I’m in a holding pattern....Diamond seems to make sense in more ways than one considering the current game set up.  But the window is closing so I’m jumping before it does.  
  • Options
    HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    @bigvivec half way through platinum 4...going to gain some xp Monday then rip through diamond