What’s everyone’s strategy

sweetlou1sweetlou1 Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
just wondering how everyone approaches buying boxes and bonus players? Do you set aside a certain amount of gold ? Change lineups? What’s the secret?

Comments

• Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    I try not to buy unless there are at least 2 players in the box that could improve my team, but I have been guilty of chasing particular players.  Beast Syndergaard earlier this year was particularly painful...
    I spent about 15k gold that weekend, and still came up empty...
  • melindavemelindave Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    I only spend my precious gold on POW boxes if I need that particular position to improve my team.  With 50/50 chance at the player I feel it’s about the only box worth spending gold on.  I get my other player boxes from CvC rewards mostly. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I went on a spending spree for about 2 weeks and got bonus players galore. Then I finally realized the bonus players were only bonus players for about a day or two and I might as well save my gold/money and just get the guys from woh and try for cvc mvp/high round. I don't see myself spending again to get players from boxes for quite some time, they'll be out of my lineup before I know it. Perhaps towards the end of the season it'll be worth it 🤷🏻‍♂️
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • sweetlou1sweetlou1 Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    Tdub71 said:
    I spent about 15k gold that weekend, and still came up empty...
    Me too buddy .. I bought 20 boxes last weekend and only got Voit .. disappointing .. that’s why I asked .. also I see guys with 4 bonus players and wonder how the heck they can have that many? Buy 100 boxes or cheating ..
    Getting multiple bonus players is either blind luck, or a gold dump. Lol.  I have done it a few times, but it's tough to stomach a ton of gold for 325 max players.
  • AndyfsrdAndyfsrd Registered Users, Member 18 Posts
    I've been buying like crazy for prime players but no luck as off yet 😩😭
  • KidKushKidKush Registered Users, Member 31 Posts
    Andyfsrd said:
    I've been buying like crazy for prime players but no luck as off yet 😩😭
    I pulled Prime Freeman finally and now I’m pissed bc I used up my Prime XP on extra skills for my Keepers. I was figuring it would be another month until I got lucky ha 
  • TaznJaz77TaznJaz77 Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
    I try to save up some gold and try and hit on boxes on Friday so at least they are good for three days.