Walk-off 6-10

13Next

Comments

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    whammo911 said:
    So close to rage quiting this game..lol...silver is tough as it gets...even with an all prime team...I wish there was an option to charge the mound...f Blake trienen...I don’t understand how he is giving me this much trouble on level 6 with live boost...just one of those days...Hope you guys are having better luck

I dont bother with HoF in silver but even in classic level 4 was hardest it had ever been, live boost or not. Probably 4/20 against Lester today. I could see the game making the decision whether I was going to even tie the score or not. The times when I did clear 4.10, everything fell for a hit but all the other times the hits would stop coming as soon as I pulled within a run. You would think I had forgotten how to play the game. Even had a couple hits taken away where normally the 2bman or SS peel off and let them drop. Not this day as they kept running and made the catches in outfield. Never saw that happen before.  Level 5 took a fraction of the time to beat 4 and only 1 vid restart in 4 cycles needed. 
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    edited June 2019
    I know it’s been stated before, but they need to get rid of the triple play. I had 2 yesterday within minutes of each other. The first killed a good run I was on. The 2nd was me trying to climb back up. But they don’t let us control running the bases in WOH, so how can they punish us with a triple play? And normally, it’s on a soft line drive back to the pitcher, which would never get a triple play in real life unless the runners were stealing. 
  • PhillyPhan87PhillyPhan87 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    sullipa8 said:
    I know it’s been stated before, but they need to get rid of the triple play. I had 2 yesterday within minutes of each other. The first killed a good run I was on. The 2nd was me trying to climb back up. But they don’t let us control running the bases in WOH, so how can they punish us with a triple play? And normally, it’s on a soft line drive back to the pitcher, which would never get a triple play in real life unless the runners were stealing. 

I went all the way through once easily (Classic) which was nice, before getting stuck on Lester on the second go around and deciding not to spend gold since I wasn't going to use Devers anyway.

I HATE how the baserunners turn into total morons in Level 2 and beyond. Just stopping at third, or forgetting to tag up. Artificial difficulty. It's also frustrating for 95% of hits to be the exact same bloop single. No variety. I was hoping they would improve this game a bit more from last year but most improvements seem to be Keepers and minor QoL updates. They could improve the actual gameplay.
    Luck = getting all curveballs in WOH
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    @PhillyPhan87 Like when you swing (thinking you missed) and it magically got stuck in the air in front of the pitcher and you're called out at the plate.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @PhillyPhan87 Like when you swing (thinking you missed) and it magically got stuck in the air in front of the pitcher and you're called out at the plate.

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Why is it that a runner on 3rd runs in every ground ball to the pitcher-of course he’s out 100% of the time but rarely runs on a ground ball deep in the hole at shortstop? In real life it would be the other way around. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    Why is it that a runner on 3rd runs in every ground ball to the pitcher-of course he’s out 100% of the time but rarely runs on a ground ball deep in the hole at shortstop? In real life it would be the other way around. 
    It’s because Glu hasn’t given us the upgrade of “3rd base coach” yet for our team cash upgrades 
    2003cobra said:
    It’s because Glu hasn’t given us the upgrade of “3rd base coach” yet for our team cash upgrades 
    So is the base coach upgrade only a first base coach?
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    2003cobra said:
    So is the base coach upgrade only a first base coach?
    I can’t explain it any other way. My 3rd base coach is dumb as a rock, but the 1st base coach is fine by me 
  • PhillyPhan87PhillyPhan87 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    Yup, nothing like the pitcher throwing out your guy at the plate on a non-hit and all of a sudden you go from a runner on 3rd with no out to a runner on first with 1 out, and then you hit into a double play and you lose when you thought you had an easy win, haha.

The triple play is rare but nothing pisses me off more than the runners just taking off for no reason and not even trying to come back on a line drive to the second baseman.
    Luck = getting all curveballs in WOH
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Yup, nothing like the pitcher throwing out your guy at the plate on a non-hit and all of a sudden you go from a runner on 3rd with no out to a runner on first with 1 out, and then you hit into a double play and you lose when you thought you had an easy win, haha.

That will happen every single time if it's an 'unhittable' at bat and the game is tied. If you're trailing, they will never throw home. If you have a runner on 3rd and less than 2 outs(and tied), don't even swing. The result will either be a pop out or the runner gets thrown out at home.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    There are plenty of times when it’s better to strike out than to swing. This is certainly a situation to not swing and take a strikeout if necessary 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    edited June 2019
    2003cobra said:
    Ask and ye shall receive. #3rdbasegate #3rdbaseskill

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Houmy said:
    2003cobra said:

Keep in mind that skills only work when you invest in them. Well, most of the time. :)
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    I find in those situations the non-strike strikes on outside from a straight pitch are easier to knock over infield for a hit. Breaking stuff, forget about it. I just take 3 strikes.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Houmy said:
    2003cobra said:

Now they will never score from 1st on a double.   #Skillsgate
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    sullipa8 said:
    Don’t swing at certain curves, off center plate pitches or first pitch offspeed pitches and this will happen a lot less.  Advice from DFBB last year helped my WoH game...he said to be willing to take an out when pitches are poor rather than make contact and have what you’ll learn will be a certain out if not worse.