Options

Make Slugfest great again

Baldeagle85Baldeagle85 Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
Slugfest used to be my favorite event.  Recent changes to it have made it more difficult to cycle through stages, leaving it less fun and less desirable to play.  First of all, having a completely separate roster exclusively for sluggers is frustrating.  I (like most I'm sure) spend most of my time,resources and money on my primary team players, they are what get me the most rewards.  Sluggers are only good for a single event that gets lost in the "royale" format.  Slugfest should be ran more similarly to WOH where your primary team's batters are utilized, they all have a SLG average in their stats anyway. This also opens the door for GLU to have slugger boxes available to buy in the store and for purchase in the "specials" list and to be able to use those players in your primary roster.  Something along these lines would brings back Slugfest to its former glory.

Comments

• Options
    skellhunterskellhunter Registered Users, Member 27 Posts
    Man, that’s a great long term goal for slugfest. I wish they’d just give it its own day again. Baby steps. 
  • Options
    bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    I think the dumbest thing about slugfest is the cost to level and evolve your sluggers. For a one event player - why bother consuming the gold/evo/bxp to level your guys?
    Hence I chucked it after going Gold.
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    On paper it sounds like a good idea but I think the direction of slugfest changed for good once Royale was introduced.   That's right when they stopped making updates there.  I am not saying I agree but a majority of players especially some of the big players ignore slugfest completely.   Unless you plan on camping in silver for a while, its tough to justify putting resources there when you consider the cost.  I actually think there's a chance there will be even less updates and rewards then last year based on the direction the game has gone.  
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    I think the dumbest thing about slugfest is the cost to level and evolve your sluggers. For a one event player - why bother consuming the gold/evo/bxp to level your guys?
    Hence I chucked it after going Gold.

I chucked it when I went gold as well.  The cost of leveling a slugger is actually more than that of leveling a normal player, one you would use in every game mode as opposed to just slugfest.  That makes zero sense.
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I haven’t played since the first month.  Couldn’t wait on the pxp and have left their leveling behind.  
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I could make the case for “Make Tournament Day Great Again” since that also used to have its own day. 
  • Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    I punted Slugfest from day 1 this year.  Since they introduced Royale, it has been a dead event for me.  Tends to get lousy multipliers in Royale, too.  I have gone as far as to trade in every slugger I get from the season rewards, too.
  • Options
    BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    If Slugfest is going to be relevant again, it needs to have a lot better rewards than a nice player only used on Wednesday and 12 Evo per cycle. The only reason to consider slugfest is the Evo, and the Evo is measly at best. They need rewards to have pxp and bxp asap.
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    If Slugfest is going to be relevant again, it needs to have a lot better rewards than a nice player only used on Wednesday and 12 Evo per cycle. The only reason to consider slugfest is the Evo, and the Evo is measly at best. They need rewards to have pxp and bxp asap.
    Agree on the pxp.....last year slugs was a valuable source for it.  The game has outpaced slugs this year;  intentionally as it is;  sources for pxp have price tags in gold or real cash and as the bxp rewards are measly in WOH and slugs, I don’t see pxp coming in any significant amount when it finally does debut until further down the road.................which pretty much spells the death of slugs for most since the cost to maintain and upgrade the slug squad to keep pace is for me too high when considering the returns earned.  
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Fun concept that's poorly executed. Seems obvious they don't put anything into it, so it must not be a priority. If they don't care, it'd be a waste of time to play it. 
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Well it looks like they want me to just do the one cycle again today and get back to work. No PXP still and mediocre rewards for multi cycling.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022