WOH DTI cyclers?

UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
I was surprised when I was able to have time to cycle through DTI again. Anyone out there cycle through multiple times?
Prev1

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Tried Diamond HoF and it went really, really well. Even better than gold!

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    I've only recently began to understand the importance and benefits of WOH. With about 30 minutes left in the event last night I decided to try DTI for the first time and was surprised at how easy level 1 was. I know, I know, it was just level 1. Still, it was enjoyable smashing those fastballs rather than the wimpy singles to the opposite field in classic (what I've been focusing on). Plus, Muncy grabbed me 4.5 million club points for a single grand slam in DTI. I think I'll be giving DTI a lot more attention in the future 😁
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    @DFBB seeing you make it through at Diamond gives me an incentive to make the jump to Platinum 
    @retirepujols definitely worth the try! I usually go beat classic 1st and then start DTI for that exact reason to rack up those points!
    @DFBB seeing you make it through at Diamond gives me an incentive to make the jump to Platinum 
    The way things are currently set up, I think it would be optimal to hoard resources while in gold and go straight to Diamond.
    edited June 2019
    DFBB said:
    The way things are currently set up, I think it would be optimal to hoard resources while in gold and go straight to Diamond.
    DFBB, I see this strategy mentioned quite often. The one aspect that's never really discussed, however, is team strength. What would you recommend, as far as team strength is concerned, to make this move? 70k+, 80k+, etc.?
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    DFBB said:
    DFBB, I see this strategy mentioned quite often. The one aspect that's never really discussed, however, is team strength. What would you recommend as far as team strength in order to make this move? 70k+, 80k+, etc.?
    I was 84K and had no real issues 
    @retirepujols Team strength is fun to build up, but it's just one measure of a team's strength. I wouldn't worry about it at all. Instead, resources should be the deciding factor as far as choosing an ideal time to jump. The main reason that Diamond is ideal is that you have access to a lot more resources(d6 cycles, more xp for woh) and the same bats that's beating classic WoH in plat will also beat classic WoH in diamond.
    DFBB said:
    @retirepujols Team strength is fun to build up, but it's just one measure of a team's strength. I wouldn't worry about it at all. Instead, resources should be the deciding factor as far as choosing an ideal time to jump. The main reason that Diamond is ideal is that you have access to a lot more resources(d6 cycles, more xp for woh) and the same bats that's beating classic WoH in plat will also beat classic WoH in diamond.
    Gotcha, I still need to max out at gold so I'm a ways away 😴 thanks!
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    You guys have me ready to move up from gold but I still need more xp and cash. Monday and Wednesday are my 2 worst days to play so I’m limited on resources. I was off yesterday and cycled classic 6 or 7 times to build up resources. Just like a crack addict they are gone already 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited June 2019
    @2003cobra Stop spending. It's that simple. No skills, only reward players or cycle cap, limited boxes. I tracked all my resources at the start of the day since 5/31. I made 260-280kxp (already had 220k) and nearly doubled my evo in that time frame (worked out with season ending and club upgrades through gold to plat). Two weeks from now I will reassess as I rebuild cash but if it's like what these guys have described we I/you could be ready by then...
  • woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    You guys take keepers past gold?  Legend?
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    DFBB said:
    @DFBB I am cycling WOH multiple times in Platinum but don’t have enough Evo to consider going Diamond. I know I will get 200 Evo with going to Diamond, but I’m only winning about 60% of my bonus games in Plat.
    My team strength is 91K
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    DFBB said:
    DFBB, I see this strategy mentioned quite often. The one aspect that's never really discussed, however, is team strength. What would you recommend, as far as team strength is concerned, to make this move? 70k+, 80k+, etc.?
    Yea I wouldnt worry about team strengh too much.  Investing in skills is what really makes a difference there and I rarely put anything into pitcher skills because well you know, I dont trust them.   So my team strength lacks due to that which is fine.   More about resourses which you gain faster, the higher level you are.
    DFBB said:
    @DFBB I am cycling WOH multiple times in Platinum but don’t have enough Evo to consider going Diamond. I know I will get 200 Evo with going to Diamond, but I’m only winning about 60% of my bonus games in Plat.
    If you don't play in a traditional club, you should look into evo hunting. It's amazing!
  • MacGruberMacGruber Registered Users, Member 158 Posts
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:
    If you don't play in a traditional club, you should look into evo hunting. It's amazing!
    You mean just joining new clubs as they level up? Anything else involved?
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:

Evo hunting has become this whole subculture within the TSB community.  Honestly some people seem to enjoy hunting evo more than playing the game. :)

For those of you shooting to diamond, get back to me when Legends are released. If you're still able to have a team of legends, despite the huge cost of lxp and other necessary resources, I'll join you in the rarified air of Diamond level...

edited June 2019
    I've made a few replies and apparently, I'm in a time out because they need to be approved. 

@Metsicans Def some truth man. I don't even need evo and I still search for clubs for evo. As far as legends, we're almost certainly going to miss the first batch. My hope is to be able to save lxp and get them to d1 so that we can cycle cap. We'll see though

@MacGruber Evo hunting is searching for clubs that are close to leveling. If you search/donate in groups, it can be a very efficient(and basically free) way of acquiring evo. Global is also a nice resource for evo.
  • rmouse511rmouse511 Registered Users, Member 185 Posts
    @Metsicans I was on the fence for the jump to diamond until primes starting getting released with very little pxp available. I made the jump and have enjoyed the challenge of building a diamond team. Eventually they will make PXP easier to attain, and I will get a prime player leveled up through cycling WOH. The same will be true when legends are eventually introduced. Legend players will be available with LXP hard to get. Eventually they will be available through WOH and I will level them up with multiple cycles in WOH. 

As as many have said, there are different ways to approach the game. I chose to go after the diamond tier rather than stay in silver/gold and go after primes. 
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    rmouse511 said:
    @Metsicans I was on the fence for the jump to diamond until primes starting getting released with very little pxp available. I made the jump and have enjoyed the challenge of building a diamond team. Eventually they will make PXP easier to attain, and I will get a prime player leveled up through cycling WOH. The same will be true when legends are eventually introduced. Legend players will be available with LXP hard to get. Eventually they will be available through WOH and I will level them up with multiple cycles in WOH. 

As as many have said, there are different ways to approach the game. I chose to go after the diamond tier rather than stay in silver/gold and go after primes. 

If I had time to cycle 10x a day, and play hundreds of bonus games daily, I could see me making a run at diamond.  But time is the one luxury I don't have and can't buy, so I'll be hanging out in gold most likely, at least until late in the season.  But you make a good point, everyone plays the game differently. 
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:
    @DFBB Are you joining a club, donating right away, then leaving for new club immediately? Or are you joining new club, staying and getting them to the next level, then leaving?
    @navyjack77 when you evo hunt someone post a club on global that’s close to leveling up and with a group effort you level theclub up. So in global chat you may see someone say join this club 5k  gloves for 10 evo. You join the club donate a certain amount of gloves as well as others to level the club up. And you move onto the next club. Most people either do it before an event or after an event
  • woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    There's Line chats for this.  The ones I were in deteriorated and everyone got kicked out so I'm looking for new ones if you guys have em.  woohoo-77 is my Line id.  
    Also a great resource for WoH charts and whatnot.
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:
    He ain’t kidding!!!

I tried a little Evo hunting today and quit cause it was giving me a headache. I guess I don’t have what it takes.🤦‍♂️
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    @navyjack77 Please explain....
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I tried a little Evo hunting today and quit cause it was giving me a headache. I guess I don’t have what it takes.🤦‍♂️
    Something to remember, hunting is more fun when you aren’t alone. Find a group of people. Hunt in packs 
    Something to remember, hunting is more fun when you aren’t alone. Find a group of people. Hunt in packs 
    Exactly and no mooching. If you don’t have anything to donate don’t just hop in reap the rewards and don’t help out. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Man I duno, I heard that @benny100 and @bigvivec are some of the biggest moochers on global.. ;) Maybe it  was @DFBB I can't even recall anymore. (jk boys)
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy