‘17 Game Officially Dead?

tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
There are no events listed as available and I did not receive my rewards from weekend Prime Event. Yet there sure a lot of pop ups and boxes and players they still want you to buy. Kinda like buying the CvC Trout in ‘18 game when there is no CvC. 
Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷

Comments

• tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    edited June 2019
    To anyone who was still playing ‘17 game this past weekend, CS has said no rewards will be issued. It’s basically, SCREW YOU PAYING CUSTOMER, WE DON’T CARE! Yet the pop ups are still ever present to spend money as well as boxes/players. Spend money, but we ain’t giving you crap. Nice job GLU, nice!
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Most games dont get updates after a new app release, let alone 2 years. Dont know why people would still be playing 17 anyways. Let it go.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    You had to think it would happen eventually.  
    dkarski87 said:
    Most games dont get updates after a new app release, let alone 2 years. Dont know why people would still be playing 17 anyways. Let it go.
    Because it’s fun, paid money to build a team, why stop? Doesn’t matter it’s not “supported” as far as new developments, what matters are rewards earned with a screw you attitude. People play games for different reasons
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    dkarski87 said:
    Because it’s fun, paid money to build a team, why stop? Doesn’t matter it’s not “supported” as far as new developments, what matters are rewards earned with a screw you attitude. People play games for different reasons
    People do play games for different reasons, but eventually games do disappear. I’m honestly surprised they still had events going that far back. 
    They stopped updating 18 a month after 19 dropped, why in the world would they care about the 17 version? lol
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    They stopped updating 18 a month after 19 dropped, why in the world would they care about the 17 version? lol
    Updating is, nor has it ever been the issue. This game has been on autopilot, just cruising along. Monday, they eliminated events. Fine. But I didn’t get rewards from weekend event. Seriously, how hard is it to credit the account missing rewards. Also, if you’re going to pull the plug on an app, then pull the plug on all the damn pop ups and other attempts for the customer to spend money! Log in to the game and count the pop ups to spend. My point was just getting rewards I earned over the weekend. I’m not the kind to toss money into a game, forget about it, toss more money into a new version, forget about it, then toss more money into a newer and improved version. But if you’re going to pull the plug on the game, get rid of the revenue generating crap
    Valid point.  I wonder if anyone still makes purchases on those versions..LOL
    – The Great Houmy
    tshea510 said:
    dkarski87 said:
    But if you’re going to pull the plug on the game, get rid of the revenue generating crap
    This would make no sense from the standpoint of Glu. They aren’t gonna “pull the plug” all the way, because the stadium gold is ‘forever’. 

But it tell me why Glu should get rid of revenue generating crap. If I were an employee of Glu I’d have the pop-ups every 5 seconds to make you want to leave the 2017 version behind and play the new app. 
    dkarski87 said:
    Valid point.  I wonder if anyone still makes purchases on those versions..LOL
    Who knows? They did have the best box EVER offered around New Years, but I still like playing the team I built, so hard to just stop. They want to kill it fine, but kill it completely. After I get my missing rewards 😂😂😂
    tshea510 said:
    dkarski87 said:
    But if you’re going to pull the plug on the game, get rid of the revenue generating crap
    This would make no sense from the standpoint of Glu. They aren’t gonna “pull the plug” all the way, because the stadium gold is ‘forever’. 

But it tell me why Glu should get rid of revenue generating crap. If I were an employee of Glu I’d have the pop-ups every 5 seconds to make you want to leave the 2017 version behind and play the new app. 
    Because the new app only has pop ups every 12 seconds? 😂 
    The pop ups aren’t stadium related, only $69 - $99 related
    tshea510 said:
    My point is that Glu said daily gold “forever”. So the app can’t just completely disappear
    tshea510 said:
    My point is that Glu said daily gold “forever”. So the app can’t just completely disappear
    Agreed, yes I know that, hell I spent too much for it to disappear 😂. I still like the stupid game, even if they want to eliminate stuff. Just give me my stupid rewards from weekend, not that tough! And I can have fun playing season. And yeah, I have stadium, but certainly not advancing it any
  • mancov2001mancov2001 Registered Users, Member 62 Posts
    Just curious, roughly how many people are even playing 17?  18 is nearly dead
    Wouldnt you get a player at the tier you were at, like if you were in gold tier, you received the player at level one? Why wouldnt they bring that into future games
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    Wouldnt you get a player at the tier you were at, like if you were in gold tier, you received the player at level one? Why wouldnt they bring that into future games
    $$ 
    2017 was the first year that players could “evolve”. 

2016 was straight players. Prime Jose Reyes, for example, had ratings of 9/5/9. Legends exceeded 10 in the rating categories. 

2017 was the first year for XP. My opinion is that they started with players beginning at the level of the team, but realized it was too easy for players to level up the new guys.  Bonus guys came into play with their bonus points at the end of 2017’s run

2018 they made it all bronze 1. Issues here were that, with the constant bonus players, players didn’t want to level up past gold. Sure some did, but most stayed lower. 

2019 they adjusted the XP levels past gold. Removed the gold that was required to level up players in diamond. 

They have tweaked it year after year trying to find the right mix of ingredients. This year really isn’t that bad. They want you to chase the evo still, or have to save XP if you are in diamond to level new players up (I keep 100K to start each walk-off to level a new guy to diamond 1). It’s  hard to complain about the way it is this year. 
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts

So I can stop trying to improve my Tommy from 16?
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

So I can stop trying to improve my Tommy from 16?
    I still remember loving my Joe Panik.  4-star with his ratings at 9/3/3. He was awesome