Options

Legend + Prime Draft Picks

Fuzzy_SlippersFuzzy_Slippers Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
I didn't start playing TSB until June of last year. Since the beginning, I was able to use gold to purchase Legend and Prime draft picks. I noticed that they are currently not available for purchase in the store. Is this because Glu has not made them an option yet, or do I have to promote? I'm sitting at Gold II right now.

Thanks, ladies and gents.

Comments

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    They're currently not available yet.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    PhillyPhan87PhillyPhan87 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    I'd expect Legends soon though. 390 Max overalls with no skill who seem awesome for like 4 weeks before you regret the investment when they increase the Legend max to 400-410 and start adding skills. Then Primes hit 390 and regular xp guys hit 380 and all of a sudden your best players are average at best.
    Luck = getting all curveballs in WOH
  • Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Yep.  That's the established pattern, anyway...
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Can’t hardly scrape pxp without selling a kidney....all we need are legends introduced to add to the struggle.  
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    Can’t hardly scrape pxp without selling a kidney....all we need are legends introduced to add to the struggle.  
    But the introduction of legends may also mean more prime XP becoming available
  • Options
    Linco32Linco32 Registered Users, Member 74 Posts
    I feel like the overalls of players has been increased way too quick. It feels that not too long ago I was very excited at pulling max 325 overalls which were the best in the game. Now they are almost obsolete
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Linco32 said:
    I feel like the overalls of players has been increased way too quick. It feels that not too long ago I was very excited at pulling max 325 overalls which were the best in the game. Now they are almost obsolete
    I was thinking that when looking over the Astros/Mariners box. I think it's smart and fair of them to control the amount of high level players in the game (plus new players can really cash in on a 250 gold box with some great returns). Since those 325s aren't worth the gold for me now because I know they'll come out with better players soon, I won't buy that box. 
  • Options
    Linco32 said:
    I wouldn't mind a few more 325 max overalls, haha. Two OF, a SP and a RP to be exact. With all the DH's in WOH I have DH's to spare. I'm still rocking 1st Overall Trout and former PotW Yelich! Gold with team strength about 79000.
  • Options
    Linco32Linco32 Registered Users, Member 74 Posts
    It feels like every week the players go up at least 5-10 overall. I’ve quit buying boxes of any kind with gold and solely relay on cvc rewards for my bonus players
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Speaking of higher max players, AS game is less than a month away so save some for AS players as you're likely to see some higher than or equal to prime players that use BXP.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Those All Star players last year were nice, remember winning Freeman in WoH and pulled lower overall All Stars Markakis and Diaz and they were around on my roster for a fair bit so despite being Diamond I’m looking forward to snatching up a few when/if they’re available.
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Those All Star players last year were nice, remember winning Freeman in WoH and pulled lower overall All Stars Markakis and Diaz and they were around on my roster for a fair bit so despite being Diamond I’m looking forward to snatching up a few when/if they’re available.
    Yep. My Judge, Freeman & Bregman stayed on my roster for a while. Bregman changed from BXP to PXP though but still worth it. And 30% odds on the boxes back then was great.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    I just checked '18 and All-star Josh Hader is still my Setup Man! (425 Overall blue xp, closer for a long time). My 480 Prime Diaz took over Closer near the end of the '18. I only ever got the 1 RP over Josh's 425 max overall.

I had awful luck with RP's last year, which doesn't bother me since RP's are mostly a waste after the Closer and maybe the Setup man.
  • Options
    HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts

• Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    But the introduction of legends may also mean more prime XP becoming available
    Far be it from me to be the one who discourages hope!!!