WOH for 6/12 Royale.

Comments

• HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    Recliner said:
    5.6 in plat is 186 Greene..they hoped that since Monday 
    This is troubling 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Last 5: green(right), hicks(righty), vasques(left), sale(left), eflin(right); 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited June 2019
    @DFBB ratings in diamond? I'm there right now, just curious.
  • MacGruberMacGruber Registered Users, Member 158 Posts
    Or maybe they’ve realized many people can build their teams without buying boxes. Cycling walk off is the easiest and cheapest way to improve your team. Maybe player of the month rewards are the new norm. This will force us to buy boxes to build one’s team. Hoping it’s not that way, just an off week......
    I feel like people (me) spend the most gold on events/woh trying to beat a challenge, not buying boxes.
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    They're all d1 speicalty players. It's significantly tougher. Sale at 5.9 is a pain(down 3, nobody on).
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    DFBB said:
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    They're all d1 speicalty players. It's significantly tougher. Sale at 5.9 is a pain(down 3, nobody on).
    RIP Teheran at 5-9. #neverforget
  • midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    MacGruber said:
    Or maybe they’ve realized many people can build their teams without buying boxes. Cycling walk off is the easiest and cheapest way to improve your team. Maybe player of the month rewards are the new norm. This will force us to buy boxes to build one’s team. Hoping it’s not that way, just an off week......
    I feel like people (me) spend the most gold on events/woh trying to beat a challenge, not buying boxes.
    Maybe that will change and you will buy boxes if Pom rewards are the only awards for woh. Hope I’m wrong.  
  • PhillyPhan87PhillyPhan87 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    I say - send complaints to Glu and skip today entirely. If enough people do it, they will take notice. Otherwise, this will just be the new normal. Don't send gold today. Don't buy anything. Just take a day off.

I suspect they like giving away the temp boosted players as they soak up valuable resources and encourage you to buy more boxes.
    Luck = getting all curveballs in WOH
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Yeah that’s rough, 0-6 vs Sale I have one plat 10 batter and a D2 and D6 guy but is a lefty this might be the first time since being Gold + I don’t get through but I do get live boost soon so we’ll see
  • ReclinerRecliner Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    Yea this is significantly harder than it was previously 
  • SuperKingOfPaisasSuperKingOfPaisas Registered Users, Member 175 Posts
    LOL THE STRESS AND head ache of WOH ...open box... XP....LOL
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Diamond -

5.6 Greene 245
    5.7 Hicks 245
    5.8 Vasques 245
    5.9 Sale 261
    5.10 Eflin 277

800 gold first time through to get through Sale and Eflin. Totally not worth it, but I need to cycle to get cash. Or is buying bonus games when they're on sale (185 gold) more efficient at this point? Ugh.
  • PhillyPhan87PhillyPhan87 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    Welllllll, I’m done for the day

Congrats on that 1900xp!
    Luck = getting all curveballs in WOH
    Welllllll, I’m done for the day
    That’s like 1200XP!!!!!!!
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Yep, another relaxing Wednesday for me. The WOH prize is lame as most have pointed out but 'd say it would be worth it if it was a guaranteed player and not the regular 40% POTM odds. I don't really care if they are good for only 22 more days or so while they're boosted as with the current rate any WOH player, boosted or not, would be considered a lower max in that time frame anyway. That being said even it was a 100% guarantee I wouldn't bother with it today as I already have 4 out of 8 through VIP prizes and the one box I bought.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    So I was able to get through without using any gold and got the 10% prize from the box. Not all bad as my 5 #1 picks garnered me three 4 1/2 star players and two 4 stars. Ended up with over 3K XP from them. The fact that we are not even getting XP from cycling makes it more likely that I won’t be going for 10+ cycles today.
    @Bigpredfan @PhillyPhan87. Not worth the 600gold I needed to get by Sale. And I got 1345xp for arenado 
    Oh we know. I’ve made about 10K from 2 cycles from the 2nd round through #1 draft picks and the 2 boxes (5 #1 picks and the 5-star pick). Not near as worth it 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts

So I was able to get through without using any gold and got the 10% prize from the box. Not all bad as my 5 #1 picks garnered me three 4 1/2 star players and two 4 stars. Ended up with over 3K XP from them. The fact that we are not even getting XP from cycling makes it more likely that I won’t be going for 10+ cycles today.
    Royale WoH is always just the reward player, is it not? Monday WoH includes the player and XP for level 5 reward.
  • Soo_Choo_TrainSoo_Choo_Train Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    Looks like Sale’s velo is down again at 5.9.  Time for concern in Boston. 😀
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited June 2019
    I was way hostile towards these rewards but I think I get what Glu is doing here and honestly, I'm finding myself less and less pissed about it as time wears on. I may not try to cycle as much as I can today but I get the increased difficulty. Can't have wrong-handed Alvarado at 5.10 forever you know....

Edit: Also, some kudos for bringing back former bonus players. I am one that hangs on to all my specialty guys thus far minus April PoTM but even with the box it's a nice gesture. Don't think I've heard anyone mention this as good or bad thing.

Royale WoH is always just the reward player, is it not? Monday WoH includes the player and XP for level 5 reward.
     correct
    I was way hostile towards these rewards but I think I get what Glu is doing here and honestly, I'm finding myself less and less pissed about it as time wears on. I may not try to cycle as much as I can today but I get the increased difficulty. Can't have wrong-handed Alvarado at 5.10 forever you know....

I have no issue with walk-off getting harder. The phrase that comes to my mind is “burning both ends of the candle”. 

The event got harder and the reward got worse. Tell me how it benefits Glu to make people want to play less?  There isn’t a benefit to people wanting to play less. 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    My issue from a diamond perspective isn’t that it got harder, it’s that it got exponentially that way, 5 5 star pitchers vs just 1 last week, I guess I moved up one week too late or I’d have a much better chance.
    My issue from a diamond perspective isn’t that it got harder, it’s that it got exponentially that way, 5 5 star pitchers vs just 1 last week, I guess I moved up one week too late or I’d have a much better chance.
    That's been my issue too. It didn't slowly get tougher; it went from one end to the other quick. I've been diamond for a couple of weeks so I'm fine, but I feel for guys that made the jump within the past week.
    DFBB said:
    That's been my issue too. It didn't slowly get tougher; it went from one end to the other quick. I've been diamond for a couple of weeks so I'm fine, but I feel for guys that made the jump within the past week.
    Royale was always a little different from Monday. Hopefully Monday isn’t too much different for those who just made the jump 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Meh, got through level 5 while taking a dump at work. Wasn’t that hard. For the record, the washroom is my goto place for WOH and CVC. I don’t like to be bothered
    At least it's the clean type of tapping in the office washroom in your case 🙉
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Meh, got through level 5 while taking a dump at work. Wasn’t that hard. For the record, the washroom is my goto place for WOH and CVC. I don’t like to be bothered
    I'm impressed by anyone who can do something taking a shit that I can't do in ideal conditions on my luckiest day. 
    Been my go to place for 3 years now
  • MadswagooMadswagoo Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    Absolute trash for a Royale Event. Absolutely no reason to tap today!
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    A five minute CvC MVP box for grinding five levels of WOH. Right.