WOH for 6/12 Royale.

Comments

• superbaldy77superbaldy77 Registered Users, Member 144 Posts
    Trying to being optimistic here. Couple things could be in play here. 
    1. They are releasing/soft testing updates and don't want to flood the backend/or have major hiccups. Perhaps new release is coming today? 
    2. Prime's are coming via draft picks/awards/boxes + EPIC moments. 
    3. Double Gold is coming up for this weekend. Make us want to spend it right away in fear of missing out on the WOH upgrades. 
    4. Or this will be the new norm, and the auto-evolve if you draft the same player again will not work in WOH anymore since boxes are the new norm.If the same player is the reward and multi-cyclers use that to their advantage to skip using evo/gold to evolve to next level.
    5. Finally, francise coins will be available for WOH and that would give us, based on level, rock solid (no skills) players to use for WOH.

Just my random thoughts.
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    RLLR, last 4 in 5
    Thanks.  Just woke up.  Laughing at the comments.
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    I was way hostile towards these rewards but I think I get what Glu is doing here and honestly, I'm finding myself less and less pissed about it as time wears on. I may not try to cycle as much as I can today but I get the increased difficulty. Can't have wrong-handed Alvarado at 5.10 forever you know....

I have no issue with walk-off getting harder. The phrase that comes to my mind is “burning both ends of the candle”. 

The event got harder and the reward got worse. Tell me how it benefits Glu to make people want to play less?  There isn’t a benefit to people wanting to play less. 
    Oh I'm there with you. I get that too and feel this isn't the first time Glu has done things to make people want to play less. I know people always rebuke the notion they aren't making as much money but shit like this, today, bonus players in specials (2 on weekends now), lesser quality gifts (except for VIP of course, keep throwing that money at the game plz!), lack of 2x gold when it was alternating weekends makes me think otherwise. Or, like you said, they care about our well-being and want us to play less.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Trying to being optimistic here. Couple things could be in play here. 
    4. Or this will be the new norm, and the auto-evolve if you draft the same player again will not work in WOH anymore since boxes are the new norm.If the same player is the reward and multi-cyclers use that to their advantage to skip using evo/gold to evolve to next level.

That one is an interesting observation and something that didn't cross my mind before.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    edited June 2019
    The wife will be happy today.  One cycle for shits and giggles and I'm done.
    Multicycling to evolve is pretty much the only thing I focus on in this game. That would be a huge disappointment 
    We would be referring to auto evolving a capped player to the next tier instead of paying gold & EVO to do it yourself as that is what the VIP newsletter referred to with the upcoming update. 

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I’m probably done with WOH today too. Had to use gold for restarts (multiple) on 5-10 and am gonna decide to park it. I have 4 mil in cash and 300 bonus games so I’m not hurting there. I’ll be ok til Monday and we will see what happens there 
    edited June 2019
    woohoo77 said:
    She can thank GLU herself. Have her start a ticket 😁

It’s bad when I think this could be a better use of my time today. 

• MacGruberMacGruber Registered Users, Member 158 Posts
    woohoo77 said:
    Did my one for 5x #1 picks. Kewl

Houmy said:
    Multicycling to evolve is pretty much the only thing I focus on in this game. That would be a huge disappointment 
    We would be referring to auto evolving a capped player to the next tier instead of paying gold & EVO to do it yourself as that is what the VIP newsletter referred to with the upcoming update. 
    The gold and evo don’t stop me from leveling anyone once you reach diamond 6. I take new players to diamond 1 then try to cycle them up.  Would do the same if I could move them from platinum 10 to diamond 1 for free, because that move gives 2,000 balls. I’ll take that and turn it into cash no problem. 
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    In honor of Predfan I changed my team name to Jurassic$hit.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    I guess I must be in the very, very vast minority, but I don't get why people are upset today.  

The normal Wednesday WOH prize has been a very marginal, maybe not even roster worthy player.  

I'm a player who would love shots at the PotM box but doesn't want to spend gold on them.  Today is perfect for that, I can grind for all the PotM boxes I can win, and goldless, as WOH Wednesday is fairly easy to beat without gold for decent players.  And I get all the additional necessary rewards from grinding WOH.  

I do my fair share of complaining but I don't get it today.  There have been far, far worse top WOH prizes.  
    edited June 2019
    I guess I must be in the very, very vast minority, but I don't get why people are upset today.  

The normal Wednesday WOH prize has been a very marginal, maybe not even roster worthy player.  

I'm a player who would love shots at the PotM box but doesn't want to spend gold on them.  Today is perfect for that, I can grind for all the PotM boxes I can win, and goldless, as WOH Wednesday is fairly easy to beat without gold for decent players.  And I get all the additional necessary rewards from grinding WOH.  

I do my fair share of complaining but I don't get it today.  There have been far, far worse top WOH prizes.  
    Give me a guarantee player. I shouldn’t be spending 800 gold for restarts for a chance of a player who will be either 310 or 300 max in 18 days. 
  • midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts

The problem is for Gold or higher capping a player is extremely expensive for the short term boost of a player.  I don't want four POM players, I'd rather have one (or a non POM) who I can level up for the lowest XP possible.
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Guys, every player in the game this early in the game besides keepers and custom legend is eventually going to get pushed out by progression, whether they are advertised as a PotM or not.  

That 325 max player you won last Wednesday?  He won't be rosterable by the time the 360 max PotMs expire in July either.  But the 360 max players will help you a lot more in the meantime.  
    edited June 2019
    Guys, every player in the game this early in the game besides keepers and custom legend is eventually going to get pushed out by progression, whether they are advertised as a PotM or not.  

That 325 max player you won last Wednesday?  He won't be rosterable by the time the 360 max PotMs expire in July either.  But the 360 max players will help you a lot more in the meantime.  
    You say that, but I have a 320 player in my OF who has been there for 2 months.  I’d take a POTM I could cap in diamond by cycling him up.  Monday wasn’t a big issue for me. 

Also, cycling with a player brings me a certain amount of XP. Much more than the 1298 I got for trading in my 270 max 5-star only pick reward 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited June 2019
    Yeah, usually I make between 200k - 400k BXP on WOH days. There's no duplicate player reward today for finishing, and its also significantly more difficult which not only likely means a few less cycles but I had to use 50k XP to upgrade a couple of players.

I'm actually down about 25k XP today. 

We know that's the answer for everything. 

But in a normal WOH cycle in Gold if I bring a player to G1 and cycle 10 times, I'm making around 10k xp plus saving 25k xp by not capping the player to G10.  Right now I'm averaging 3k per WOH cycle.  So for 10 cycles where I would've made 125k XP I'm making 30k XP AND having to spend the extra 25k xp if I want to cap the new players.
    This is what we are missing in diamond after we get a 325 player to diamond 10 per cycle 

• matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts

Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    Took the fan rewards to 2500 gold cuz why not. Struck out on two POTW boxes, 5 evo from a tokens box, of course hit Chavis and Santana on the fan rewards. 
    edited June 2019
    Bored so I decided to try for one cycle. "OOPS...." at 1.9 already.

• woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    My Legend 1 for 5 at 5.8.  Mays 0 for 1 at 5.9.
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I was just on 5.9 and had just tied the game when my phone rings. I deny the call but the App still restarts losing my round progress. Does this happen on Android as well or only iOS? Or is it maybe just my phone.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    edited June 2019

Right.  I think its fair for people to have this opinion and I bet alot of people agree.   I am one of the ones that doesn't because I am in diamond and it not only kills the chance to stockpile any xp today but also we cant level any of those players up anyway.   Again, two sides to every coin.   The royale format being what it was, was a big reason I went to diamond.  If it was going to be boxes like last year and today, i would have considered staying in gold longer.   No one is right or wrong, its tough to please everyone.
    edited June 2019

Right.  I think its fair for people to have this opinion and I bet alot of people agree.   I am one of the ones that doesn't because I am in diamond and it not only kills the chance to stockpile any xp today but also we can level any of those players up anyway.   Again, two sides to every coin.   The royale format being what it was, was a big reason I went to diamond.  If it was going to be boxes like last year and today, i would have considered staying in gold longer.   No one is right or wrong, its tough to please everyone.
    They found a way to please everyone on Monday!  Well almost everyone

I just feel like a Sad Mariner Fan today 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts

Right.  I think its fair for people to have this opinion and I bet alot of people agree.   I am one of the ones that doesn't because I am in diamond and it not only kills the chance to stockpile any xp today but also we can level any of those players up anyway.   Again, two sides to every coin.   The royale format being what it was, was a big reason I went to diamond.  If it was going to be boxes like last year and today, i would have considered staying in gold longer.   No one is right or wrong, its tough to please everyone.
    They found a way to please everyone on Monday!  Well almost everyone

I just feel like a Sad Mariner Fan today 
    Welcome to my world!  Always room on this wagon
    You know this has to be a VERY hot topic for it to beat out the views and responses to the Balsamic post within a few hours.