Ballpark Investment - Worthwhile?

SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
Does anyone have a perspective on whether the ballpark investment is worthwhile? I’m often torn between chasing a weekend player reward or saving my gold until Monday-Thursday when it will level my ballpark. Does the ballpark upgrade carryover to the next year, i.e. 2020 version of the game?

Comments

• AZDIAMONDBAXAZDIAMONDBAX Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    One thing to keep in mind is each ballpark level costs more gold to unlock. For example level 1-2 is only 4,000 i think, but level 4-5 is like 40,000. From what I have heard the ballpark does not carry over
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I feel like it is worth it in the long run. Only $10 and I’m getting 56 gold a day from it now. Probably one of the best values in the game. Better than not wanting to spend gold during the week because it wouldn’t go anywhere. 
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    Does anyone have the detailed upgrade chart? I’m at lvl 5 now and curious how crazy the requirements are to hit lvl 10.
  • Soo_Choo_TrainSoo_Choo_Train Registered Users, Member 160 Posts

• Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    I don't know the spending requirements, but to go 4-5 is 40k.  That is where I am now.  Going 5-6 was 90k last year, likely to be the same this year.
  • Dave480Dave480 Registered Users, Member 55 Posts
    6-7 is 200K...
  • midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    5-6 is 80k
  • PADRESSUCK619PADRESSUCK619 Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    It's definitely worth it. Not being able to level it up during the main event is really annoying though. You can only have it count for that event during the first hour.
  • McSteezy69McSteezy69 Registered Users, Member 35 Posts
    It's definitely worth it. Not being able to level it up during the main event is really annoying though. You can only have it count for that event during the first hour.
    @PADRESSUCK619 I’m not a VIP but I heard in the last newsletter, and with the new big update, that they plan on changing this. Sounds like gold put towards special fan rewards will also go towards ballpark investment. Let’s hope they actually follow thru with this!! Would be a great positive change. 
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    Wow! If they plan on making that change, it’s tempting to defer spending any gold until I can get get the best of both worlds. Great insights!
    Wow! If they plan on making that change, it’s tempting to defer spending any gold until I can get get the best of both worlds. Great insights!
    “Certain special fan rewards” was the quote. I believe this to mean the fan rewards that just kinda pop up on a random Thursday 
    That was my interpretation too.  The weekend rewards will probably stay the same.  Just a hunch.
  • BeerculesBeercules Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
    I bought the stadium and don't regret doing so. It's all in the way you look it at it - I'm at the 56 gold payout per day and over the course of a year it really adds up. 
  • UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    @SandlotGuru Stadium is a good to invest in because you spend gold through the week and you can get a daily return. Also you can always buy weekend boxes before the fan rewards kick in which I typically do to build my stadium up. Another good investment is the TV endorsements. For $20 for 30 days of Gold goes a long way. I’m up to 80 gold a day on that,2400 gold over the 30days plus the 1840 gold you get when you initially buy it. 
  • gus030gus030 Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    I am fairly new to the game but I fail to see how this is worthwhile.  Someone in this thread mentioned it is 40k gold to upgrade to 56 gold per day.  But even if you collected 56 gold per day for 365 days it would only net 20k gold so what am I missing?
    gus030 said:
    I am fairly new to the game but I fail to see how this is worthwhile.  Someone in this thread mentioned it is 40k gold to upgrade to 56 gold per day.  But even if you collected 56 gold per day for 365 days it would only net 20k gold so what am I missing?
    It’s $9.99. You start by getting 400 and 4 a day. If you play for 120 days you break even (if you consider that at $9.99 being 880 gold). And you will get more than 4 a day after 4K goes into it. For my investment I’m already getting 56 per day. I got it the day the app launched and have every year. 
  • midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    @Bigpredfan I’m 2/3 of the way through 56 per day too. It’s my first time buying I this year. By the end of the season, how much gold did were you getting per day?  Seems like 400 is out of reach. 
    @Bigpredfan I’m 2/3 of the way through 56 per day too. It’s my first time buying I this year. By the end of the season, how much gold did were you getting per day?  Seems like 400 is out of reach. 
    I was stuck in the 80 a day last year. This year I’ll break through to the 160 a day because I went diamond earlier 
    I understand the initial investment, 4 per day and breakeven at 120 days.  I still don’t understand how you would ever break even with the upgrade costs,  the math is that you would never collect enough to make up for the gold you put in to it
    gus030 said:
    I understand the initial investment, 4 per day and breakeven at 120 days.  I still don’t understand how you would ever break even with the upgrade costs,  the math is that you would never collect enough to make up for the gold you put in to it
    The idea is that you are gonna spend the gold anyways right?  Take a typical Monday for example. I’m gonna spend gold for boosts and the odd restart. 

Want it it to go into the stadium where it helps return some of that gold or nowhere?
    So you are saying that if you spend gold on other things it automatically counts toward upgrading the stadium investment?  I thought you all were saying you had to use the gold to upgrade stadium.  If so that’s not really clear in the game and they should write something about that in the description
    gus030 said:
    So you are saying that if you spend gold on other things it automatically counts toward upgrading the stadium investment?  I thought you all were saying you had to use the gold to upgrade stadium.  If so that’s not really clear in the game and they should write something about that in the description
    Yes. I buy a gold boost, it goes into the stadium. It works like fan rewards when there isn’t a fan reward 
  • KevoTheGiantKevoTheGiant Registered Users, Member 135 Posts
    ABSOLUTELY. Word on the street is that fan rewards will count towards stadium in the new update.
  • scottpdannscottpdann Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    It's the one thing this "non-spender" spends on every season. 
  • woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    ABSOLUTELY. Word on the street is that fan rewards will count towards stadium in the new update.
    I don't know the exact wording but it's something like "certain", "special", or "selected" fan rewards events.  My Glu spidey senses says the weekend event will still not count towards stadium.
    Almost certainly only the pop-ups during the week.
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    gus030 said:
    Yes. I buy a gold boost, it goes into the stadium. It works like fan rewards when there isn’t a fan reward 
    Ooohhh...OK I'm with you, @gus030, I thought everyone was taking crazy pills. They should clarify that, and even promote it. That might be the best investment one could make if they know they're gonna be around all year. 
  • waldobulkboywaldobulkboy Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Definitely worth the stadium investment. I buy my weekend boxes during first hour of event on Friday so it counts toward ballpark.  Gold toward stadium is more worthwhile than having it go to fan rewards. 
  • me0wme0w Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    edited June 2019
    All of the subscriptions are 💯 worth it IMO