WOH for 6/12 Royale.

1235Next

Comments

• Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    CP31 said:
    im done spending if they are going to pull this crap!!
    I agree! FUK GLU! no more money for GLU!!
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    They can shove their half-eaten rental players as the big rewards
    Excuse me ...CHANCE at half-eaten rental players
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Anyone else not getting the live boost for the Rangers vs Red Sox game going on right now? Nevermind. The start time was moved up 3 hours.
    No it will kick on at scheduled time, 7pm. 

Also, got ryu after cycle. I have Eflin and Sale capped in gold as SP1 & 2, keeper Ellis SP3 at g4 and hot start castillo s10 and april best cole at sp4 & 5. Ryu bumped Sale from rotation (???). He has underperformed massively for me. Theres something up with that player.

Happy Dock Ellis Day, @dustyhunks
  • RookieTapperRookieTapper Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    After looking at the reward for WOH I debated playing or not. Since I was off of work today and had nothing to do, I thought, “Eh let’s just go for it and see how many boxes I can cycle for fun”. I started playing the moment it went live and (apart from a 3 hour break from about 2 to 5) I played until it just ended. You know how many times I cycled..? Zero. That’s right. ZERO. Now, mind you, I don’t have a stellar team. I’m Silver with a 56k team. But I cycle WOH every week a few times with ease. Today was the first day I couldn’t even complete it once. I was stuck on Level 5 for 6 hours. Yes, I should have stopped playing, but it was becoming comical. So I kept playing. Glu didn’t want me to succeed. All in all, I came away with nearly 250 draft picks, and over 120 bonus games. That’s how many times I attempted to cycle it just once. That’s ridiculous for a team that has cycled WOH every time for the past 2 months. I don’t know what I did to tick off the Glu gods, but man, I’m SORRY. 

(Sorry for the long post. Hopefully yalls luck wasn’t as bad as mine!)
  • woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    I only cycled once.  Struggled on 5-8 and 5-9 with my legend and Willie freaking Mays both at gold 10 all day.

Came home from coaching the kid and have it a final shot with about 45 minutes to go.   Cruised through level 5.  No gold spent and no video restart used, just video boost.   Ichiro killed 5-10 on his one and only chance.  I got Devers from the POTM box but I already have 340 double skill Devers so I won't be upgrading POTM version.

Super frustrating day.  If this is how it's going to be from now on then I will have to rethink if I really want to play at all anymore.
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Well I beat it twice and slugfest once with about 3-4 hours of playing...was happy I got pxp both times, now I won’t feel obligated to level someone to put up points and waste xp..no live boost and I was at the playoffs so I didn’t bother with anything but video boosts on the last 3..autoplay was great for me today, was able to sim the first 7 of every round without issue, 2nd time through sale was being a dick with those slow pitches, not sure if the ole 80g boost would have made things easier or not but I’m still able to win without spending 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I guess I must be in the very, very vast minority, but I don't get why people are upset today.  

The normal Wednesday WOH prize has been a very marginal, maybe not even roster worthy player.  

I'm a player who would love shots at the PotM box but doesn't want to spend gold on them.  Today is perfect for that, I can grind for all the PotM boxes I can win, and goldless, as WOH Wednesday is fairly easy to beat without gold for decent players.  And I get all the additional necessary rewards from grinding WOH.  

I do my fair share of complaining but I don't get it today.  There have been far, far worse the top WOH prizes. 
    I understand the complaints;  not being able to spin a player up with cycles hurts the wallet and teams of diamond cycles in particular. And it was harder today;  clubmates were considerably slower turning over cycles.  And I lost xp.....leveling the new bonus guys sent me into the red since I was making no real xp cycling.  Boxes are ok;  towards the end of last year all the players were box pulls with the rare exceptions (NYD Klubber was one).  Had two or three high percentage pulls so could get multiples off those but at the time the name of the game was cycling for xp in huge amounts.   Today we didn’t really get a return at all.....like Jedd I finished with less than I started save for new player additions.  Used to getting a resource bump twice a week....missing today hurt.   That said I was able to cycle 4x without gold and get bonus players I ca actually use so I WAS pleased with the prize since it saved me gold.  No player since Yu has gotten into the team and he’s on the cusp so personally the prizes were good for what I needed.........but I get why people were upset.  The crank on the difficulty rating seemed overdone.  I think it was harder and more penal than it needed to be considering the lack of resources accrued per cycle.....if it is going to be more penal IMO the rewards need to be better.  I was particularly sour RE the lack of bxp available. Have one potm maxed, another 3/4 of the way home and a third shelved completely unimproved.  is CvC the new frontier?  As of today it is officially more lucrative than any other single event.  Here’s to Private clubs and 40point rounds.....
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Due to time constraints I only got through once. It cost me almost 1k gold-5 times what I normally spend. I ended up with 11k xp 80k in cash and 10 bonus games. While I added resources I certainly don’t feel like it was worth it considering I didn’t even get a player-I gif the 5 first round picks. At this rate I can’t see moving up to diamond or possibly not even playing anymore. 
  • ReclinerRecliner Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    Took me a few hours to cycle in plat, only had 3 guys capped so had to level another one up. I took a few hour break then went around 7 more times in 3 hours with a team boost without spending gold, but 0-8 on the boxes. I have a really bad track record with potw/potm boxes, but at least I got 12k prime out of it. I was also in the red today having to level a player up through plat. If the difficulty is the same Monday as it was today, looks like my diamond journey might be postponed
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Cooz19 said:
    Anyone else not getting the live boost for the Rangers vs Red Sox game going on right now? Nevermind. The start time was moved up 3 hours.
    No it will kick on at scheduled time, 7pm. 

Also, got ryu after cycle. I have Eflin and Sale capped in gold as SP1 & 2, keeper Ellis SP3 at g4 and hot start castillo s10 and april best cole at sp4 & 5. Ryu bumped Sale from rotation (???). He has underperformed massively for me. Theres something up with that player.

Happy Dock Ellis Day, @dustyhunks
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vUhSYLRw14

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Wish I had waited to go gold one more week. Would have reconsidered putting resources towards skills for higher max players accrued lately instead of capping players in gold thinking an XP payday was coming in Royale. Didn't evolve any sluggers so it was a loss yesterday though I did get Ryu in my one cycle. Level 3 and 4 couldn't have been easier however in gold compared to silver. Autoplay to x.8 and then just crushed. Same with level 5 through first cycle but even with live boost Sale was unhittable.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    As a peasant who normally only gets through one cycle and has yet to cycle twice, yesterday's WOH was too much for me. Only got through 5.9 once, and 5.10 eflin destroyed me with ease. I also rarely autoplay, and very very rarely spend gold on woh, but the difficulty was just too high for little guys like me. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I had a super frustrating day as a diamond team where getting surprised by 5 diamond pitchers contributed to being shut out for the first time since I was silver very early in the season.  I did have one more opportunity at Eflin 2 minutes from midnight but flubbed two fastballs and was set down in order.  I missed one opportunity very early in the day leaving 2 on in extras.  My difficulty was not having much depth, I was relying on two plat 7 325 specialty players trying to navigate 5.6 and 5.7 which really limited cycle opportunities.  Hopefully Monday only contains a few diamond pitchers at the end if it is changed so I can rebuild my resources which took a catastrophic hit yesterday as I rely on WoH to stockpile cash and bonus games.  I have about 1700 wins to go to finish D6 and the evo train can begin in earnest.
    I guess my 3K PXP was the best reward there was...sad. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I think i did either 6 or 7 cycles.   I went diamond 2 weeks ago so luckily by now I have enough depth to be able to survive a drastic change like this but unfortunately I know others that jumped later had a more difficult time.   But yeah it was hard at all to be motivated to play woh as you were essentially just playing for blue cash in diamond unless you really wanted a certain player.  I pulled Devers on the first cycle which was great to get duplicate bxp but unfortunately thats 1/3 of the amount of a regular.   I guess i figured changes would happen eventually but was hoping to ride the train for another week or two