Slugfest 24/7?

whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
I propose making slugfest 24/7, player reward only available during royale, but Xp, cash, and evo available to win all the time. I’m sure the idea needs some tweaks but come on man, the event is on life support...what do you guys think? I would even be down for like 100 gold to unlock it after each cycle...I mean last year before evo hunting I was watching videos to buy 300 gold evo boxes..at least I could have fun earning resources in the off hours...

Comments

• skellhunterskellhunter Registered Users, Member 27 Posts
    Sadly, I agree that slugfest is on life support. I have made several posts about this same issue. Here are some of the options that have been brought up:

1. Replace the sprint event on Tuesday with slugfest

2. Move the Royale to the weekend and put Slugfest back on Wednesday’s like before. 

3. Put a slug rating on your regular roster to be used during Slugfest. 

Your suggestion is great as well. Bottom line is that slugfest needs its own day!

look and comment on these  discussions:

”Slugfest, The Forgotten Event”

”For All That is Holy, Give Slugfest it’s Own Day!”

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Slugfest will not get its own day back unless regular roster players get a slugger rating like the created legend. So many people have quit derby, or never started, that slugfest day would just be a day off from the app. That’s why Royale happens on Wednesday. So many people, myself included, started taking Wednesday off because it was derby day. 

One solution, which I actually was thinking about last night, it to split Royale up. Why do they all have to be on the same day?  

Monday- Walk-off

Tuesday- Derby and Tournaments (derby for the people who stayed lower and tournaments for the people in diamond who gained cash from walk-off)

Wednesday- prime, walk-off, and wait for it..............leagues. That’s right I said leagues!!!!  Leagues got the boot a couple of years ago, but would be an interesting re-addition as I’d bet quite a few people never knew about them or don’t remember them.

thursday- bonus games

weekend- prime.   
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    @Bigpredfan What is this leagues thing you speak of.
    It’s been a while, so here is what leagues were to the best of my recollection. 

I only played them in bronze. They cost blue cash (2,000 in bronze I think) and then as other players joined from your division you were grouped together to form a 6-team league.

once the 6 teams were set you had 24 hours to play the other teams (like a bonus game where you can autoplay and just take 1-2 minutes to play all 5 games). You would get a prize at the end of the game like you do for bonus games. The winner of the league would get a nice prize once the league time had expired. 

Reason I say to bring it back on Wednesday is that it also could count towards your team progression (wins for diamond players help them towards their next playoffs like tournaments). 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Slugfest will not get its own day back unless regular roster players get a slugger rating like the created legend. So many people have quit derby, or never started, that slugfest day would just be a day off from the app. That’s why Royale happens on Wednesday. So many people, myself included, started taking Wednesday off because it was derby day. 

Yep that's why derby likely wont change to anything more then it is right now.    I know there is a group that likes it but the reality is most people don't.   I know we keep waiting for them to drop pxp in there but it wont happen without it being in woh as well.  Furthermore with the way the game is I wouldn't be surprised if PXP isnt added at all this year.  We kept waiting last year for LXP to be added to derby but once Royale started Derby came to a screeching halt.  And as of now there isnt anything that leads me to believe that it isnt a permanent change.
    Similar to tournaments, basically having to run up a ladder to win a prize at the end.  I want to say 2016 was the last time we saw these but maybe we did in 2017 and I cant remember.  I think the prize was normally a player, but this was before tiers of bronze, silver, gold, etc. and where everything was just rated 1-10.
    Similar to tournaments, basically having to run up a ladder to win a prize at the end.  I want to say 2016 was the last time we saw these but maybe we did in 2017 and I cant remember.  I think the prize was normally a player, but this was before tiers of bronze, silver, gold, etc. and where everything was just rated 1-10.
    I barely remember them, but they were what Monday used to be. I remember them because I was trying to remember the daily schedule when I started. It wasn’t a ladder like tournaments, but there were standings instead 

Monday- leagues
    tuesday- prime
    wednesday- tournament 
    Thursday- bonus
    weekend- same prime 
    I barely remember them, but they were what Monday used to be. I remember them because I was trying to remember the daily schedule when I started. It wasn’t a ladder like tournaments, but there were standings instead 

Monday- leagues
    tuesday- prime
    wednesday- tournament 
    Thursday- bonus
    weekend- same prime 
    Yea im thinking that was 2016 because 2017 was when they introduced derby at first and had that Wednesday and Tourneys Mondays before WOH came and replaced Tourneys
  • midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    Annoying and bragging post of the day:  While everyone was frustrated with walk off hero, those of us who kept up with Slugfest, received 10k of xp per cycle. I was able to cycle 13 times. 
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    Leagues at silver had a 100 gold entry fee, and the winner with the best record after the 24 hours got a 500 gold reward. It was pretty fun.
    Leagues at silver had a 100 gold entry fee, and the winner with the best record after the 24 hours got a 500 gold reward. It was pretty fun.
    Were their gold and cash leagues?  I don’t think I would have paid gold for a league back when I started. Lol
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    I don't recall if there were cash leagues but I think there were two options, one was to pay gold, and maybe the other was to pay cash? I also remember that you could get player rewards.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited June 2019
    Slugfest would be a nice addition to the boring Tuesdays and Thursdays. It would give me something to play around the autoplay-fest of prime and bonus games. Having it's own day, however, I think is a stretch. It's fun to play, but there's just not enough interest (at least with the way in which it's currently set up).
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    Slugfest in itself is boring.