VIP Council 2.0 - Another year, another trip (hopefully) to GLU HQ!!!

HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
Hey all,

As some of you may already know I was invited to the GLU inaugural VIP council last year along with about 10 or so others. As it turns out I was not able to make it and withdrew from it (and missed out on a custom ATG in the process 🤨). I have been invited to another one happening this August and as of now my schedule, and mindset, looks clear so will definitely do my best to make it this year. 

The reason behind this post is to get a feeler from the forum on what features you would like to see added/changed as I will have a chance to see some of the developers and offer some insight. GLU does monitor the forums and takes suggestions into consideration as we have seen by some rather quick changes in the app after a forum outcry (slugfest blue monster being one) but as there are so many posts some things may get past them.

Go ahead and post your suggestions here and I will try and bring it to their attention if the opportunity comes up. And also as always please respect each other's opinions and suggestions and forgo negative comments about some outlandish requests that you may see.
"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Prev134

Comments

• HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Forgot to say the council is in SF so GLU will fly us up there for face to face meet & greet so it's not an online happening.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    @houmy Congrats on the invite.  That is awesome.  The only legit suggestions that come to mind are pretty obvious.  WOH difficulty>rewards, season difficulty jacked up, Slugfest on life support, that kind of stuff.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Congrats @Houmy. Let me know when you talk Glu into letting me come as well (and compensating my wife so she feels good about me leaving her for 2 days :wink:)
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    edited June 2019
    @houmy Thanks for allowing us to voice our opinions as well! Obviously, most of us will never get this opportunity, so thanks for allowing us to provide ideas.

I think that you and I are on the same page about home run battles. It would mean alot to me if they would reinstate those gold home run battles, and it would also encourage players to beef up their sluggers. Also, maybe they would consider making Slugfest more of a priority, as some of us have mentioned.

I also think that Glu should have permanent things that go on all the time. To be honest, season is the only thing that happens during non event times, and that lasts for five minutes. Gold home run battles would fix this, and maybe Glu could implement something else as well.
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    I can't describe it but It feels to me the game is ridiculously out of balance, some events being paid more attention to than others, how some things cost so little and others an insane amount,  weekend events, 3 days long and literally crappy rewards. if I am going to waste my Weekend on an event Make it worthwhile, regular one day events have so many better rewards than the weekend balance it out or adjust it accordingly. Franchise Players appears that its already being addressed. Make time for users in the off hours. Some people that love this game don't just play on pacific time, do we need to regionalize the game? there are many a night Id like to play, if something was there I would, doesn't mean I have to, but would like to. Adapting the current events for those who play it a-lot.. Walk Off Hero was one of the better adds to the game, with the adaptions made (tiers etc) that has improved it somewhat in my eyes, but let's add different rewards in the tiers. If I cycle don't just give me the same guy but a way to improve him by cycling again (I understand that cycling again improves the provided player) but change it up how about more xp that helps him or a different box on cycle 2 or 3 or 4. I do get that tiers Provide somewhat that but each teir could evolve too. Eh I could be rambling...but I play a-lot (not a VIP) but I have fun  playing and would like to keep going, as it stands right now I'm getting burnt out.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Congrats sir.    This is cool to hear.    
    There are lots of stuff I could bring up but I can understand why they do things sometimes.  I guess my main annoyance is Royale Rebracketing.   If my club is going to finish 84th or something thats fine, I would just prefer to know that at the start of the event instead of being in the top 5 until the last two hours and then get shoved into 84th towards the end.   So i guess its not the result that I am worried about, its how we arrive there if that makes sense.
    Anyway have fun and enjoy yourself
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    I'd like:
    - more in-depth features and items in season mode (full leaderboards, MVPs/Cy Youngs, Silver Slugger, etc.)
    - items or some kind of training feature to boost individual players' max cap (I'm a Twins fan, and I hate having to bench and release Buxton, Polanco, Kepler, etc., so I can improve my team. It'd be more enjoyable to have a little more control over my team, although I do understand the need to ensure balance in the game). 
    - a way to cancel animation during game play (probably not going to happen because that's an easy way around paying for autoplay but I really get annoyed having to watch the outfielder stand camped under the ball when I'm already pissed that I popped out). 
    - a simple batting practice feature. I'm really not very good at the game, and everything you read essentially discourages players from playing regular games, whether that's waiting on opponents, using bonus games ahead of the Thursday event, or just winning/playing enough games to push you into a higher bracket. Plus, there's always so much riding on event games and at-bats. It'd be nice to have a feature that doesn't count for anything or cost you anything so you can just improve. 
    - defensive value beyond pitching. I'm sure this won't be shared by other players but the stats kept for pitchers suggest pretty strongly team defense is awful. It's an offensive game, I get it, but the intangibles and team bonuses don't reflect real defense (catcher and outfielder arm strength isn't as important as fielding). 
    - add a 162 game average stat line, and trending lines (last 5,10,25,50 games). Your player might have dominated 300 games and five levels ago, but you don't get a sense of how he's performing against your current competition. A slash line would help too. 

I'm sure I have more but that's just off the top of my head. I understand the whales pay for the game and many of these ideas aren't going to inspire more transactions, but they'll fill out the user experience so casual/average players spend more time in the game, which boosts value in terms of advertising revenue. 

Respectfully submitted, 

-the worst player who spends hours a day playing
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    Congrats, @Houmy
    Thats awesome to see you get recognized as an ambassador for the game. My only request is to have them add a disclaimer in the beginning. “Warning TSB is an addictive game that can make a person with an addictive personality spend an entire paycheck on this game”. Just kidding. Congrats and have fun. 
  • midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    Whatever you do please don’t have them change franchise coins. They are my favorite reward in the game. 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    @midgetmullet Especially when you've got 5 loyalty boxes lined up and that 5% chance at coins turns into 80%. Yeah, DO NOT change that.
  • Baldeagle85Baldeagle85 Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    That's an amazing opportunity!  I feel the same as Matt_Sackett.  There's an "imbalance" feeling across the different events.  Level rewards are just not really up to snuff with some of them.  For me, that's the major reason why I completely bypass an event or competition altogether.  If they want max participation, incentives have to match.
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    🗣 less evo to evolve! 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I wouldn't mind an option to restart on WOH. For example, when I was absolutely stuck on 5.9 all day yesterday, I would have paid 100 gold to be able to restart level 1 so I can at least rack up rewards for cycling back up to 5.9 instead of playing 5.1-5.9 over and over again for nothing more than second round picks/bonus games/etc. Plus, Glu would get more gold out of me that way (I refuse to spend gold to lose again). Mainly, have a good time in old San Fran! If you can rent yourself a boat, boating around the bay is a fun day 😁👍🏻
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Also, I would like to see these players of the month have their "boosted" stats be their actual stats and then toss a "boost" on top. As it stands, they're not all that "boosted" from top level players and they become lesser players at the end of the month. For example, my 340 max Byron Buxton that I've had for a month or so isn't much worse than potm Austin Riley with a boost (and is much better after the boost). Might as well have Riley (all players of the month)be a 340-350 max without the boost, and 360-370 with the boost 🤷🏻‍♂️
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • ReclinerRecliner Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    Gold video cap explanation, not just the blame the advertisers answer. 
  • UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    Change the Specialty 5star pick at 100,50, 17 on weekend sprint event to a Prime only Pick at some point this year @Houmy
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    First of all, congratulations and it goes without saying, but well deserved! I would like to see a strong emphasis on transparency. Details aside, I believe it would go a long ways in repairing the disconnect that currently exists between GLU and their players. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • SuperKingOfPaisasSuperKingOfPaisas Registered Users, Member 175 Posts
    hi my name is frank gallagher and ill be in SF ill like to sing up =)
  • TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
    Congrats! There are a few things that come to mind with me but two things is: 

1. Remove sprint event, and replace it with slugfest or something different. I don’t do anything on tuesdays other than stack up gold on videos. 

2. To make slugfest better, because it is on life support I believe. A solution is to add a slugfest rating to players you receive currently from the game. Remove the sluggers all together. For me to upgrade my sluggers is not worth the resources if I’m gonna get new players every other week from the boxes. Therefore I rarely play slugfest. There is another option to this as well, bring back the homer in battles for gold. A little more incentive for players who like this mode. 

There are are many other that I can think of is @DFBB comment towards Glu and it’s players. It would mean a lot more to me if Glu let us know why things are the way they are sometimes. Instead they keep silent and avoid problems with no explanation to its players. Isn’t that ehat the New’s page and Social Media is for? Not to just post promotions and CVC player multiplyers? 
  • woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    • Schedule of events.  5 days of prime games is too much.
    • Nothing to do once the events are over for the day.  Miss a lot of the event time due to work.
    • Slugger cost.  That's why a lot of people don't bother past silver.
    • Oops we need to restart
    • Draft All button so I can quickly trade in picks for XP.
    • Panning the outfield issue after playing CVC.  Club gets points, I get none.
    • Show me who scored zero points in my club for daily events.  Not just who scored greater than zero.
    • Rewards vs. Difficulty
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    DFBB said:
    First of all, congratulations and it goes without saying, but well deserved! I would like to see a strong emphasis on transparency. Details aside, I believe it would go a long ways in repairing the disconnect that currently exists between GLU and their players. 
    They were doing a much better job of this early on in the season (ie, "these players will be bonus on X and Y days, this player will drop to 305 max, that player will drop to 290 max, we're sorry WOH is hard/we've made it easier")

We were getting some helpful announcements and explanations for things the masses were upset about, but that seems to have ceased recently. Something about the video limit and why there's no more double gold videos would be nice. Anything.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    DFBB said:
    They were doing a much better job of this early on in the season (ie, "these players will be bonus on X and Y days, this player will drop to 305 max, that player will drop to 290 max, we're sorry WOH is hard/we've made it easier")

We were getting some helpful announcements and explanations for things the masses were upset about, but that seems to have ceased recently. Something about the video limit and why there's no more double gold videos would be nice. Anything.
    Agree.   Just some kind of acknowledge that things have changed rather then some of the responses that I have seen people post that they have gotten.   Even something as simple as, "We are aware of the issue, we are looking into it but there is currently no timetable for a resolution."   That would be fine for me.
    Something about the video limit and why there's no more double gold videos would be nice. Anything.
    Agree.   Just some kind of acknowledge that things have changed rather then some of the responses that I have seen people post that they have gotten.   Even something as simple as, "We are aware of the issue, we are looking into it but there is currently no timetable for a resolution."   That would be fine for me.
    This is just my observation having read stuff here and seen it in global and among my club...the alleged limit on videos seems to be affecting Android users, and iOS users who are unaware of certain steps used to bring videos back. This largely suggests the issue is with the OS and not the game. There are differences between either OS, obviously, but my experience (I work sort of connected with that space) is if it works on one but not the other, the issue is with the one that isn't playing them. 

Along with that, I can't see restricting videos to one OS and letting the other watch them freely having any sort of benefit for Glu. What would cutting the revenue stream in half accomplish? It's far more reasonable to think there is some issue regarding video consumption on Android that doesn't exist in iOS (it's usually the other way around, so this is a bit unique). 

As far as the lack of transparency, it might not be the best business move for a game to tell its global users that one OS works and the other does not, even if that means getting complaints from users on forums and taking a hit in terms of mistrust among users. 

My useless $0.02. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    DFBB said:

The player drops are typically in the box description now instead of the news section 
    I do like the occasional re-emergence of old specialty players, like Astros-Mariners yesterday.  It rewards us for not auto-dumping a player for xp.  Also smart business, because it limits a way to raise xp, or forces you to at least consider spending gold to get them back.
    @Tdub71 It also helps them control the economy of the game by not introducing new players every day. Gotta think they need to recycle a few of them, or every .250 hitter will be a specialty player by August. 
    Very true.  Those are things I definitely don't mind.  As far as transparency goes, I am with @matt_attack.  It is probably counter-productive for them to admit any guilt, but some acknowledgement that there IS a problem would be better than silence, or copy/paste responses.
  • TheMadhatterTheMadhatter Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    With a recent post made earlier in the forum about multiple lineups, would love for them to allow us the option to have  lineups that could be customized to each event (one lineup for WOH that could be completely different from your bonus game team without having to change the guys in and out).  Not that it is a huge process to do but they gave us the custom batting order so why not expand on it.

Also could be cool if they keep expanding on club events like a CVC slugfest event (every team's top hitter available to face off against) which would bring back a little more focus on Slugfest that's been buried a bit when Royale came out.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Congrats Houmy. Will the braves be in town that week? I know that you spend a lot of time on the forum and have a lot of knowledge about this game. We all feel confident that you will represent us tappers  better than we could represent ourselves. Best of luck and make us proud
  • sarge268sarge268 Registered Users, Member 80 Posts
    Congrats @houmy. You are true ambassador for players. Every time I’ve had a question I look through the forums and Houmy has the answer or has addressed the same issues. Great job keeping everyone in the loop and keeping the conversation going.