2x Offers

BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
This is a slap in the face. Here, hope you enjoy your daily quota of 125 videos at 4 gold each. Happy Father's Day! Oh, we'll make offers 2x. That will make them happy, right?

I hope that many others will agree that this action has not gone unnoticed, and we will stand against Glu's greed.

Comments

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Father's day is on Sunday, there's still a chance the weekend will be double gold. 🤞🏻
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    🤞but not holding my breath.
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    edited June 2019
    Double checking but i think vids are now x2

Edit:
    So i did one video got 8 gold, and then the following two were 4 gold

• Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Yep.  Just 4.  Like the last time, when they activates double-gold offers, vids activated, too.  They turned it back off as soon as they realized it.  Some lucky saps got a quick taste before it was snatched away again.  Oh well.
  • BamaphilliesBamaphillies Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Man its been 2 months since we have had double gold on videos
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited June 2019
    Sooooo 60 seconds between videos now? 120?

Edit: Doh, was getting filtered. Apparently Glu's advertising partner's networks are nefarious enough to be blocked throughout this whole county.
    edited June 2019

Here was CS response after I messaged them about not having 2x gold for fathers day, but having it for mothers day. Also that I watched on vid and got 8 gold then everything following was 4..

At least it isn't a copy/paste.  The grammatical errors pretty much prove that. Lol
  • newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts

This was my ticket to cs!!     Got the usual auto reply!!     We need 100’s of players to harass them steady and hold off on gold purchases for the weekend.  1 won’t make a difference but 100’s will!!!  
    Not sure if this is legit. Found it on Twitter. 

• UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    @slafrance2 it’s legit a guy from my club got that response from CS and he’s ViP
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    Not sure if this is legit. Found it on Twitter. 

The message is probably unaltered, but I doubt that the cs agent actually knows whats going on. If anyone actually knew what was happening, I think we would have been told. I think most of us have come to the conclusion that Glu has purposely limited the advertisements as a way to make more profit, in their eyes. It is unlikely that it is an advertisement issue, because of the 125 video cap that resets at the exact same time each day. I think Glu has purposely limited ads in order to limit people's getting gold for free. Sure, they'll lose a few players now, but a player that starts six months from now will have no idea that you used to be able to watch unlimited ads, and he'll think that the only way to get gold is by purchasing. Those of us who know how Glu acts and how this action has probably come about know better, but, in the long run, Glu will probably gain more money in this manner. Just my 2 pence.
  • KevoTheGiantKevoTheGiant Registered Users, Member 135 Posts
    Bring back double vids! I need josh bell lol
  • TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts

This is what I got from it. No new new’s. Hopefully from @slafrance2 ticket response, it is not a thing in the past because it’s really not. They’ve been doing it for so long that it keeps players around and playing the game more. A thing in the past is like the first box set of of the new season. Or franchise coins. But hey franchise coins are still in the rewards every event but almost absolutely no need for them. 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Wasn’t there a dry spell last year for double vids for the entire summer.....wasn’t until Sept/Oct when we got doubles again?

for every boycotter there are 5 falling over themselves buying gold chasing Bell.  Kinda like being an ecologist in a third world country.......
    IMO I’m ok with not having double gold. My main issue is Glu lying and being deceitful about it. Like just come clean or give us some type of explaination.
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    The CS responses just kill me. Blame the advertisers. If any part of this horse manure is true then it is offers that s/b boycotted so they come up with something better (ha, ha). I was used to not having 2x videos so having them so frequently and the cutting them off cold turkey is what torques me. 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    IMO I’m ok with not having double gold. My main issue is Glu lying and being deceitful about it. Like just come clean or give us some type of explaination.
    I’m missing something apparently.  Where in any of the communications above are they lying and deceitful?!?   All I see are aggressively rude gameplayers who seem to feel entitled to freebies and promotions and somehow wronged to the point of becoming verbally insulting and abusive when they (you) aren’t getting what you want.   Sorry 🤷‍♂️ 
    @bigvivec once again I am ok without the double gold (as I’ve stated here and other post). I am going to watch vids anyway and spend the couple bucks that I do. My point is that they release double gold this past week and three weeks ago and took it away. And instead of saying hey we’re sorry this isnt happening they blame the advertising. When the amount of gold  is their control. I know they don’t owe us anything but a simple notification would be cool. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I get 5X videos every Monday and Wednesday 
    Bots get all the best stuff... Lol
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Tdub71 said:
    Bots get all the best stuff... Lol
    You can too!  It’s called “watching 1 video for a boost that costs 20 gold