Options

Comeback box

Linco32Linco32 Registered Users, Member 74 Posts
How we feeling about the 2000 gold comeback box? Worth or not?

Comments

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I think it's solid. However, I like the 600 gold 'hot shot comeback box' more. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    Hunter pence is a monster 
  • Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    I don't see the point in it.  25% for specialty, where the 600 box is 30%.  Most people that are interested in potw, probably already spent the gold to get them, and 5k pxp is paltry for that gold investment.  I will probably take 1 or 2 shots at the 600 box, but NO chance I splurge for the 2000.
  • Options
    slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Im beyond pissed, bought on for 2k by accident and got Jay Bruce again that I won from CvC ugh
  • Options
    Tdub71 said:
    I don't see the point in it.  25% for specialty, where the 600 box is 30%.  Most people that are interested in potw, probably already spent the gold to get them, and 5k pxp is paltry for that gold investment.  I will probably take 1 or 2 shots at the 600 box, but NO chance I splurge for the 2000.
    The 2k box doesn't work for me either, but I think it may appeal to some. 75% chance at a player and the fallback is 5k pxp. There are certainly much worse things that people splurge on. Personally, if I had more xp, I'd likely take my shots at the 600 gold box. 
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,722 Posts
    Hunter pence would be a great addition but that’s the only one that I want. I’m sure I’ll splurge on a few
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    Hunter pence would be a great addition but that’s the only one that I want. I’m sure I’ll splurge on a few
    I got Pence on my fourth box. Worth the investment. The improvement to my team wasn't anything compared to the growth of the teams I'm facing in the bonus games now. I haven't had 18 runs scored against me in over 2,000 games. Amazing how they overcame a 20 percent disparity in team strength...ahem...
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Yeah... My 80k silver team lost 4 straight last night to 55k, or worse, gold teams.  I had the starting pitcher advantage in all of them, too. 

Edit: I forgot to mention that I also had the live boost during that time.
  • Options
    I’m under the belief that team strength doesn’t always matter. Glu pairs you up with comparable teams in most situations. My strategy is to have somewhat lower team strength by not fully upgrading defensive skills and relief pitchers. I think that most of the outcomes are predetermined so I don’t get caught up in all the numbers. I know that not everybody will agree with me but it’s proven to be true over the course of time. For instance winning my first season in gold-including the playoffs with a much weaker team that i have now but now barely staying above .500% 
  • Options
    It's probably just my cynicism, but it feels like the difficulty runs in cycles.  I go on a cold streak with the boxes, and my team gets smoked in woh and bonus games at the same time.  Then, as if by magic, a few day later, I suddenly run off 20 straight bonus game wins, and hit on 50% of my box buys.
  • Options
    navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I got this guy on my 3rd box. The 600 gold one, not 2000. I’m a huge Rangers fan, so stoked to get him.
  • Options
    I wanted Gray, because I still have a couple 325 maxes in my rotation, but got 1k bxp on both 600 buys.  I may try one more time, but I have a phobia about being under 2k gold.
  • Options
    Third try. Well worth it I feel. Is now my new top righty for woh
  • Options
    Very solid.  Anyone know what he looks like at silver 10?
  • Options
    My bad - I should have taken a screenshot while leveling him up
  • Options
    @navyjack77 Rangers fan? You from the dfw?
  • Options
    navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    @DFBB I grew up in Southern Oklahoma before I joined the Navy 23 years ago. Can’t wait to go home and go watch a game after the new stadium opens next year. I’ll surely miss the old Ballpark in Arlington, but I won’t miss the heat.
  • Options

Yay!  3rd 600 box buy.  Just what I always wanted.
  • Options
    BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    edited June 2019
    @Tdub71 What skill is that on the right? The-I-have-to-take-a-screenshot-in-public-but-I-want-to-turn-off- my-sound-so-they-don't-think-I'm-a-creeper-taking-a-picture-skill? 
  • Options
    fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Bonus games
  • Options
    @Tdub71 What skill is that on the right? The I have to take a screenshot in public but I want to turn off my sound so they don't think I'm a creeper taking picture skill? 
    Exactly.  Super useful in those tight spots.  Lol.
  • Options
    slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    0-4 on these booooo I wanted Hunter!
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited June 2019
    DFBB said: 
    Personally, if I had more xp, 

@DFBB is lacking XP????

• Options
    COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Pence is 161/161/113 at S10. Glad I got him. 
  • Options
    Boston0714Boston0714 Registered Users, Member 168 Posts
    I got Pence on my 2nd 600 gold box, very impressed with him so far.
  • Options
    KevoTheGiantKevoTheGiant Registered Users, Member 135 Posts
    I bought it hoping for Pence for help at 6.9 Paxton was rough last week. I pulled Semien who’s not as good but the 1800 gold was a throw in with pxp subscription so I’ll take it!
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Unsure about capping Gray.