Options

WOH question

gus030gus030 Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
I started playing toward end of 18’ season so I’m a newb for the most part.  Do you guys mainly auto play or play on your own the WOH?

also is it just me or is the curveballs/sliders almost impossible to hit?  Is there any strategy for this?  Today in the WOH I had 9 straight curves thrown to me, is there any formula for when slider vs fastball is thrown?

Comments

• Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    gus030 said:
    I started playing toward end of 18’ season so I’m a newb for the most part.  Do you guys mainly auto play or play on your own the WOH?

I mainly autoplay the easier ones (for me this is through round 7 on the first 4 levels, through round 4 on level 5). I very rarely manually play these, but I also very rarely lose on them. 

also is it just me or is the curveballs/sliders almost impossible to hit?  Is there any strategy for this?  

some will say to just lay off of them. They aren’t always impossible, but some feel like they are. I typically play my situation. If i have runners i want to try and advance i will (i like to try to move runners from 2nd to 3rd by hitting the ball towards 1B for instance) knowing it’s already an out

Today in the WOH I had 9 straight curves thrown to me, is there any formula for when slider vs fastball is thrown?

if your batter is good enough to beat that round, you will get fastballs. If not, you will get a heavy dose of junk. 
    I tried to answer the questions in Italics. 
  • Options
    midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    Most people who cycle multiple times autoplay players 1-7 per round and play 8-10. This saves time and if your team is good enough you will still make blue cash per round unless you get stuck on Level 5 for too many tries.  If you have trouble with a certain player such as 3.6 and you keep losing to autoplay, try to play the round.  
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,722 Posts
    Another tip is if you get stuck on a certain player is that you might need to use your best hitter(lefty or righty depending on the pitcher) before round 10. Sometimes round 10 isn’t the hardest pitcher on that level. 
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    @Bigpredfan you're saying the amount of junk you face is an indication of your hitter being worse than the pitcher? Like, if my guy is considerably worse than the pitcher, I'll see more sliders that break the laws of physics and an umpire who doesn't know the strike zone? 
  • Options
    Cooz19 said:
    @Bigpredfan you're saying the amount of junk you face is an indication of your hitter being worse than the pitcher? Like, if my guy is considerably worse than the pitcher, I'll see more sliders that break the laws of physics and an umpire who doesn't know the strike zone? 
    That’s been my general belief. And when you get a pitch down the middle you hear the wiffle bat sound a lot. 
  • Options
    @Bigpredfan I've never played with the sound on. I suppose that's how you identify the ball in the dirt that's traveling 104 mph. 
  • Options
    I identify the ball in the dirt by watching the dirt fly up after I’ve already swung 
  • Options
    gus030gus030 Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    I think I’d be even more annoyed if the bloop singles didn’t always fall in where in real life the second baseman or shortstop would continue running and catch it easily
  • Options
    I identify the ball in the dirt by watching the dirt fly up after I’ve already swung 
    Dammit...I was working to patent that strategy. 
  • Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Cooz19 said:
    Dammit...I was working to patent that strategy. 
    If you get that patent, I will pay you 1 franchise coin a week for the rights to use it.
  • Options
    @Tdub71 3 franchise coins and an energy drink. I'm tired and thirsty. 

• Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Sold.  You drive a hard bargain, but a pleasure doing business with you.
  • Options
    KevoTheGiantKevoTheGiant Registered Users, Member 135 Posts
    I would autoplay everyone up to 7 on every round if you can. And utilize your live boost.