Drive for Diamond (update w/reaching Tier 6)

2Next

Comments

• matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    I just hate that I have to wait until monday to play WOH again...
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @rmouse511 that is impressive buddy. Congrats on the cycles and leveling up.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• rmouse511rmouse511 Registered Users, Member 185 Posts
    @Houmy thanks! I was silver way too long last year and didn’t get to enjoy the benefits of being a diamond team for very long. The lack of PXP was my deciding factor for moving up. No use in getting primes if I can’t even get enough PXP to level them up. Hopefully I will be able to do diamond WOH on Monday.
  • atlbraves13atlbraves13 Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
    what about slugfest or did you just abandon
    @atlbraves13 I plan to trade them in for the bxp since I won’t be using them for slugfest anymore. I will get about 20k in return.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I want to take a moment to thank @LudwigMonster for his help in getting me through diamond. 

• navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    Damn
    Well my plans changed when I saw the Gleyber Torres special offer this weekend. Shortstop was my weakest position, and his skills were ideal for WOH. I wanted to take advantage of the weekend discount, so I made the jump to diamond on Sunday morning.

-Getting through platinum is a grind when you are trying to do the minimum with your pitching staff. The first 4 levels weren’t that bad,  it’s 5 and 6 were a struggle. I ended up taking my top 3 pitchers to platinum. My top pitcher (340 Max Scherzer) was taken to platinum 7.

-I only had 4 batters in platinum, the rest were gold 10. I usually lost because of my pitching and not my offense.

-I only played games when I had a live boost active for my team. Really helped increase my chances to win. I was winning about 80% of my games until I got to the last 2 tiers.

-I started with 815 bonus games when I got to platinum 1. Tournaments helped get me more bonus games to get through all the platinum tiers. I finished with 109 bonus gamesmanship left. It takes about 1300 wins to get through all 6 platinum tiers.

-I currently have 110k in bxp to help level up the new player I hope to get from WOH on Monday. That is enough to get him to diamond 1. Then the challenge will be to cycle him up to diamond 10.
    I started platinum with a team strength of 65k. Here is my new updated roster. 

• Linco32Linco32 Registered Users, Member 74 Posts
    Maybe you won’t be effected in woh, but I really struggled in cvc when I first went plat
    @Linco32 I struggle at CVC in diamond right now. Give me a couple weeks and I will have more bats leveled up in diamond and my CVC scores will improve. 
  • CP31CP31 Registered Users, Member 53 Posts
    How much blue xp would u earn if you finish platinum woh at classic level,,,cycle 
    CP31 said:
    How much blue xp would u earn if you finish platinum woh at classic level,,,cycle 
    It’s around 12-13K per cycle for the player I believe once capped at platinum 10. I haven’t paid all that much attention to it honestly. Just cycle as much as I can. 
  • LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    Bigpredfan Beating up on a poor little Gold squad... have you no shame?

Never mind, I know the answer to that question. 
    Bigpredfan Beating up on a poor little Gold squad... have you no shame?

Never mind, I know the answer to that question. 
    Lol. Well I’m glad I didn’t waste any games early on. Didn’t waste wins on prime games or playing bonus games to score points for other people. So I’ll happily play a gold team in diamond because I was smart early on. 

I have some shame, but not here :)
    So I finished my first WOH at diamond. Here are the results. I was able to complete 10 cycles.
    Before                                    After 
    bxp- 112k                               Bxp- 237k
    cash- 2.4 million.                   Cash- 3.1 million 
    EVO- 1,074                           EVO- 907
    Team strength- 81,600.         TS- 83,300

-I only had 2 players in diamond, Torres at D3 and Ohtani at D1. Three players were in platinum at tiers 5 and 8. 

-The pitchers were about the same as they were at platinum. Didn’t even have a live team boost to use yesterday, and my team still did a decent job winning auto played matchups.

-the amount of bxp you gain by leveling up players with cycles is huge! I spent 100k to get Nelson Cruz to diamond one after my first time through. I still ended up finishing with over 120k bxp from what I started with before the event.

-I didn’t gain as much cash as I would have liked. Don’t have a ton of time to play, so I do a lot of auto matchups. I will do more manual playing next WOH to increase my cash level. Cash is very important in diamond and is needed to be able to play tournaments and level up team skills. 

-I now have my first D10 player and he should help make WOH on Wednesday a little easier.

edited June 2019
    My ultimate goal is to get through the Diamond tiers and cycle diamond 6 for gold and EVO. My team is not ready to do that yet.

-I plan on spending 2 weeks at diamond 1 while i get 4 players to diamond 10 through WOH. This will also allow me to store up resources when I am ready to start moving through the diamond tiers.

-Cash and bonus games are way too valuable to waste in diamond. I am not going to buy tournaments or play bonus until I have a stronger team to increase my win percentages. My biggest focus will be in increasing my cash.

-The biggest area that I need to improve is my pitching staff. I would like to have 3 pitchers to platinum 10 before I start playing diamond bonus games. I currently have 1 pitcher at platinum 7 and two at platinum 1. I might even get a diamond 10 pitcher if they offer one as a WOH reward.

-As much as I would like to start collecting all that gold by going through diamond, it is going to take time to get my team ready.

-I was in a rush to get to diamond, but now that I am here, I am going to take my time to build my team through WOH and increase my cash and bonus games.
    Well I finally cleared Diamond Tier 6. I went diamond on June 2nd, so it took a little less than 2 weeks to get through all 6 tiers. Here are some things I leaned along the way. 

-Having a couple solid pitchers is necessary to win tournaments and playoff games. I would recommend having 2 pitchers at diamond 1 or higher. 

-You get a lot of ice wraps from tournament boxes. I identify the ice wraps to use my ace pitcher if I get a tough matchup in a tournament game. This prevents me from losing a lot in tournaments and wasting 30k in cash.

-Cash is king at the diamond level. Obviously team and player upgrades are more expensive and take a lot of cash. The biggest thing I spend cash on is tournaments. You have to win tournaments to get the tournament boxes and a chance for more bonus games.

-I use gold a lot during WOH to reuse my best hitters more than once. This allows me to level up fewer hitters and save bxp. I still cycle WOH and level up new players that way.

-The weekend discount is a huge XP saver for diamond teams. It cost the same to take a player from B1-D10 with the 30% discount as it does to take a player from D1-D10 without the discount. I only level new players from weekend boxes if I have XP available.

-Good luck to those working towards getting their team to diamond. Hopefully the update doesn’t make it more difficult for diamond teams.

• BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    @rmouse511 Do you ever run out iof both cash and bonus games at the sane time, so that you're completely stuck? Or can you always scrape together something do that you can keep going?
  • Linco32Linco32 Registered Users, Member 74 Posts
    Did the specialty 5 star pitchers give you problems in WOH this week?
    @rmouse511 Do you ever run out iof both cash and bonus games at the sane time, so that you're completely stuck? Or can you always scrape together something do that you can keep going?
    I know you didn’t address this to me, but here is how I feel. 

I've never been stuck. This really depends on how you play though. 

If you cycle walk-off and play it a lot Monday and Wednesday, you will have a lot more cash and can cycle diamond 6 more frequently (you will also get bonus games there too). 

If you cycle walk-off 1-2 times, you will get enough, if you have some cash saved (1-2 mil) to cycle at least once a week. *this was me last year*. 

If if you don’t play a lot Monday or Wednesday and you try to cycle diamond 6 a lot, then you will eventually run out of cash. 

There has has only been one time where I told someone that I would use gold to buy bonus games. He couldn’t cycle walk-off and was diamond 3 and out of evo. I told him to use his 30K in gold to buy bonus games on Sunday when they went on sale for 185 for 10 bonus games. This gave him a healthy stash of bonus games where he could beat 1 diamond level a week and the cash he earned other places (daily boxes, gifts, etc) would allow him to stay stable enough. 

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited June 2019
    For a long time now I've been trying to figure out the math on what you need to cycle D6 for X number of times, et cetera. There are a lot of variables. But, it seems like if I have about 700 bonus games and a mill cash or so after WOH on Wednesday, I can literally cycle it as many times as I want Thursday up until Monday just by recycling everything by playing tournaments/BGs.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts

If you cycle walk-off and play it a lot Monday and Wednesday, you will have a lot more cash and can cycle diamond 6 more frequently (you will also get bonus games there too). 

If you cycle walk-off 1-2 times, you will get enough, if you have some cash saved (1-2 mil) to cycle at least once a week. *this was me last year*. 

If if you don’t play a lot Monday or Wednesday and you try to cycle diamond 6 a lot, then you will eventually run out of cash. 

There has has only been one time where I told someone that I would use gold to buy bonus games. He couldn’t cycle walk-off and was diamond 3 and out of evo. I told him to use his 30K in gold to buy bonus games on Sunday when they went on sale for 185 for 10 bonus games. This gave him a healthy stash of bonus games where he could beat 1 diamond level a week and the cash he earned other places (daily boxes, gifts, etc) would allow him to stay stable enough. 

I'd also add in loyalty boxes are a great way to replenish cash.  Personally I havent been able to get rid of my gloves fast enough.   But between that and balls from leveling guys and helmets from cvc I usually am able to make daily donations to replenish cash.  Otherwise like you said above WOH is the other good way.
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    edited June 2019
    @JEDDDOGGY Over a period of about 200 bonus games the bonus game drops seems to be about 30%( so you get three free bonus games for every ten, and then one more out of those three, so 14 for every 10), and the weighted average of bonus games per tournament box at diamond was 6.32. Hope this helps.

I'd also add in loyalty boxes are a great way to replenish cash.  Personally I havent been able to get rid of my gloves fast enough.   But between that and balls from leveling guys and helmets from cvc I usually am able to make daily donations to replenish cash.  Otherwise like you said above WOH is the other good way.
    Yep. I always make sure I have the 2 daily discount loyalty boxes saved, normally a weeks worth, then I buy the higher boxes. It makes 8 eastern just more exciting when you get to open the daily cash box, stadium, and 2 loyalty boxes. Lol
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    @BlackFang4

Yup! But also taking into account many other things like win percentage, the 250k cash you get from D6, other ways of receiving cash/BGs, etcetera. The math got too complicated, so at some point it was just nice to know if I had about 700 games and a mill cash that I'd be set from Thu until Mon.