WoH and Righty vs Righty Skill

eman0023eman0023 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
In WoH, if you had to choose to use a Right handed hitter with the Right handed pitcher skill, would you use him ideally against a Right handed pitcher to utilize the skill or use him against a Left handed pitcher for the proper matchup?

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    It depends on your options. It's difficult to quantify the platoon advantage, but if the difference is reasonable, I'd prefer to go righty vs lefty and vice versa.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • eman0023eman0023 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    Lefty vs Lefty is tough.  I'd be terrified to do that too.  
    I managed to get Comeback Pence.  He's my best hitter now.  Curious how I should use him.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    It really depends on the rest of your roster. Below you can see mine. I use Simmons and Sanchez against lefties because I have the other side of the plate covered (screenshot is a little outdated as it doesn’t include Simmons (RHP and Late innings). 

• eman0023eman0023 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    Yeah definitely depends on roster of course.  For top righties: I have specialty Odubel Herrera and Dahl.  
    For top lefties: Specialty Buxton (Walkoff trait) and Nelson Cruz (Walkoff trait)
    All G10.  
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    For this month at least while their skills aren’t ideal for it I have PotMs Devers and Chavis taking the top R and L respectively, with Hernandez as the 5.7 or 5.8 guy at plat 10.  I lack depth for the middle rounds as Santana and Dahl are only 325 overall sitting at plat 8.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    It really depends on the rest of your roster. Below you can see mine. I use Simmons and Sanchez against lefties because I have the other side of the plate covered (screenshot is a little outdated as it doesn’t include Simmons (RHP and Late innings). 

• mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts

Sorry I’m new to this and tried to comment on this first time and think I screwed it up 😂 Anyway simple question here? You can cycle with this line up?? 😳
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    For this month at least while their skills aren’t ideal for it I have PotMs Devers and Chavis taking the top R and L respectively, with Hernandez as the 5.7 or 5.8 guy at plat 10.  I lack depth for the middle rounds as Santana and Dahl are only 325 overall sitting at plat 8.
    I use Chavis on 4.10 against Lester. I think there is more to L/R matchup than skills though he does have RISP activated at times. I also have Devers and Beast Bellinger w/lhp skill that just do not get it done in spots like this, even in lesser rounds while auto-playing against lefties sometimes. Didn't even bother moving Devers to gold when I tiered up Tuesday.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts

Sorry I’m new to this and tried to comment on this first time and think I screwed it up 😂 Anyway simple question here? You can cycle with this line up?? 😳
    Classic yes. I haven’t even tried DTI yet. 
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    I personally don't mind the same-hand skill.  It can be handy if you forget which hand the next pitcher is.  Disregarding skills LHB are better against RHP, and vice versa, but if you are righty-heavy at the top, like I am, it can definitely help.  For a while there I had to "Speedy" Sanchez at the 10s, regardless of the pitcher.  Same for POTM Chavis until I got Prime Segura and Prime Ohtanisan leveled up.
  • scottpdannscottpdann Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    I look at it as it turns it into a switch hitter. The downside is you really don't get a huge boost. I mainly offsets the same-handedness. 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    This is purely anecdotal, but it seems there is more value overall in lefty hitters on righty pitchers than the value provided by bonuses in WOH. I have Simmons, a righty with a bonus against RHP. After 700 at-bats, he's hitting.382 vs RHP and.406 vs LHP. I haven't counted but it seems he's better in WOH vs lefties. 
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Not sure about comparing games to WOH performance. My POTM Anderson was a total dog in games (.333 at S10) but was a HR-hitting beast in WOH...almost like he had a gold wooden bat instead of the silver whiffle ball bat.