Going diamond

tribeguy2147tribeguy2147 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
First of all. I want to say you guys have great advice on here. And look forward to responses. I dont spend money on the game. Just the ballpark. So when  the videos started to not play all the time I decided to race to diamond. I currently  am about 150 games from going diamond. However I'm at a stalemate. I went up too fast. Which I knew would happen. I have 0 xp.  My pitchers are 320 or higher max. Spent heavy and got gray today but I knew I needed to upgrade some players. But I am winning about 75 to 80 percent of my bonus games. Cant seem to win tourney games anymore. Which Is what I'd do to build up the bonus game stockpile. But now i have no cash to do my upgrades. I'm trying to here and there. It's just hard to keep up with that and play tourney games to get to diamond. I guess my question is. Before I go diamond. Is it better to get my upgrades up or to do what I need to for xp. I wont be able to cycle with my current lineup so i feel as if I'm at a crossroads. Any input would be much appreciated

Comments

• Linco32Linco32 Registered Users, Member 74 Posts
    Can you show us what your team is looking like
  • tribeguy2147tribeguy2147 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts

I know I still have plenty of gold players. But I wasn't sure if I wanted to build them up. By the time I get some of them up their prolly gonna be irrelevant besides the 2 primes I have. But i have the xp problem like everyone cause I dont like 13 times e each day lol
    I’m in platinum and all I can say is that it takes a lot of evo, 50 per player.
    I don’t know what it costs to take them to diamond
    @Linco32 yeah I know. I feel it too. In in a club that I've been for 2 years. But I'm gonna farm some evo here pretty soon. So I'm not too worried about the evo. I just need cash and xp 
  • BigHurtBigHurt Registered Users, Member 157 Posts
    Linco32 said:
    I don’t know what it costs to take them to diamond
    It's 100 evo plus 500 gold for a regular blue xp player. Once diamond, it is just xp and cash to upgrade the player, no gold needed.  
  • BOZZCOBOZZCO Registered Users, Member 102 Posts
    im no expert ... but i would say you will struggle due to having no cash. Your team would be fine with some leveling but you will struggle getting bonus games from tourneys. I went from gold with a similar team but had 5+ mil cash.
  • ReclinerRecliner Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    The best way to get resources is cycling walkoff. It looks like you leveled pitchers instead of bats which prevents you from winning walkoff. When I went plat I brought 2 batters to plat 10 and cycled 15x that day, leveling the player reward that day to p10. You really only need 1 pitcher with ice wraps for playoffs. I’m not telling you that you did it wrong, just my opinion. 
    @Recliner yeah I just assumed I'd need the pitchers leveled to win the games needed to advance through out. I def could or should do some bats. Thanks for the tip
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    @tribeguy2147 I think that you should attempt to cycle platinum walk off hero has much as possible this Monday to get XP and a guy to platinum 10. You're going to need several platinum 10 batters before you head to diamond, or you'll be stuck in a rut that you'll never get out of.
    I have 7 plat 10 batters and have my playoff game waiting to go to diamond. I’m strictly concerned about WoH. So how do you think I would fair if I went diamond
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Linco32 said:
    I have 7 plat 10 batters and have my playoff game waiting to go to diamond. I’m strictly concerned about WoH. So how do you think I would fair if I went diamond
    Who knows after Wednesday. I’d wait and see what Monday looks like before jumping 
  • ReclinerRecliner Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    Linco32 said:
    Who knows after Wednesday. I’d wait and see what Monday looks like before jumping 
    I’m waiting to see how it is on Monday. I can go diamond right now and bring a few bats to d3 but it wouldn’t be worth it if the pitchers are the same as Wednesday 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I just got through Diamond 6 the first time about 2 hours ago and I’m hoping Monday doesn’t look like Wednesday, I have enough evo to take 1 guy straight to diamond and another to plat but the lost resources in terms of cash and games from this past Wednesday have me nearly empty (500k cash, 17 games, almost no exp)
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited June 2019
    @redlegs2018u what do you mean you got THROUGH diamond 6? Does diamond cycle? Like when you reach diamond 6 you can go back to diamond 1?
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    @redlegs2018u what do you mean you got THROUGH diamond 6? Does diamond cycle? Like when you reach diamond 6 you can go back to diamond 1?
    No @retirepujols you restart at D6 over and over again. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    newfy said:
    No @retirepujols you restart at D6 over and over again. 
    Yep. They don’t take away your Greatest of All Time status. Lol
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Ah, I see. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71