Options

Monster May Bell

Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
Josh Bell as the best player released in the game to date?  110/114/62 in b1, and switch hitter with double late-inning skill.  He could be a woh beast for longer than most 
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    Good luck to those of you chasing him this weekend.
  • Options
    fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts

• Options
    Punkers777Punkers777 Registered Users, Member 236 Posts
    Hoping he'll be Monday DTI WOH reward...
  • Options
    slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    But, hes Prime ugh....
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    These graphic designs are horrible this year. Did they hire a new guy? LOL
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    These graphic designs are horrible this year. Did they hire a new guy? LOL
    Pretty sure it's the designer's 6-year-old. 
  • Options
    I only have Segura and Ohtanisan.  If I land him, I would gladly trade in one, if I had to.
  • Options
    It's amazing they have so many bonus players and none that are on my roster 😡

The odds really suck too. Probably just watch videos to save up enough to buy a bunch. 

Are they really making a specialty player to honor a guy who got plunked 8 times? Not sure there is a less skill-based stat than a battery's HBP. 
  • Options
    WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    Is it just me or do these weekend boxes suck? Terrible odds on the Sons boxes, I refuse to buy with such low odds. And the May box has exactly one non-prime player who would help my roster, and he's a bloody reliever. Was planning to buy some boxes but now I am just going to play vids this weekend. Tired of Glu pushing primes on us to force us to spend money levelling them. Forget it. 
  • Options
    woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    I didn't buy any boxes either.  Sitting this weekend out.
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I’m with you guys. Also, the top tier rewards are horrible 
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Hoping he'll be Monday DTI WOH reward...
    They've reversed course this year. To date, the marquee weekend guy has yet to appear as a WoH reward. And man, that Bell is just WOWZERS!
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    meh, he looks ok. Higher power then hit.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I bought one Son of a box for shits and giggles and got this guy. Wish I had some PXP.
  • Options
    TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
    @DFBB you planning on chasing Bell today or sitting this weekend out. Also what are your thought on two different boxes this week? I understand one is for a lower price but for much lower odds too. Don’t see many buying those boxes. 
  • Options
    tribeguy2147tribeguy2147 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts

• Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts

How many tries
  • Options
    MacGruberMacGruber Registered Users, Member 158 Posts

The rest of that box is such crap.
  • Options
    TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
    Since the release of primes I have not been able to pull one while spending around 7k-12k per weekend. Maybe my luck would be different since I’m seeing so many Bell pulls
  • Options
    tribeguy2147tribeguy2147 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    That was my first box. I got super lucky. Just no pxp
  • Options
    7 box buys plus 2 from fan rewards.  Robles, and lots of springers and woodruffs...  Don't think I will waste any more.  Congrats to those that pulled him, should be killer for woh.
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    TBWepa said:
    @DFBB you planning on chasing Bell today or sitting this weekend out. Also what are your thought on two different boxes this week? I understand one is for a lower price but for much lower odds too. Don’t see many buying those boxes. 
    One of the tough parts about being diamond is that it's not practical to level primes. Trust me, I would totally love to chase and get Bell. Unfortunately, even with a 30% discount, it's just not reasonable. I like that there are two boxes and in particular, I like that it didn't take away from the 'main' weekend box. Options are good. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    I’m no business major, but I believe Glu would do better by following the model of Canon, Keurig and others that have the same model. The dinero is in the ink, coffee and PXP not so much in the unit itself. Hell, give everyone the Prime Bell and they will run out of Prime boxes...
  • Options
    The odds on the boxes are pretty bad for the top level guys, but lower level teams can afford the boxes and several of the players would help new teams quite a bit. I suspect that was their intention this weekend. I bought a few of both boxes against my better judgment, only got Tatis, saw him do jack and shit in replacement of a better player (Specialty Devers) over a few games and quit. Shoulda waited for the fan rewards at least but ah well. 

I'm not even high level but the non prime guys don't improve me. I was hoping to get one to help the club in the event. We all seemed to get Tatis and he sucked for all them too. 

Just gonna watch videos and stock up for the week. Hope Bell crushes for the guys here who got him. 
  • Options
    Boston0714Boston0714 Registered Users, Member 168 Posts

• Options
    UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    Congrats to those guys who got Bell. I’m keep my fingers crossed I would love to land him
  • Options
    UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    Speaking of...,.😝
  • Options
    Pretty sure I’ve got WoH covered for a while!

• Options
    KevoTheGiantKevoTheGiant Registered Users, Member 135 Posts
    I have 4 left handed primes (Yelich, meadows, gallo, freeman) and struggled mightily with Paxton last week at 6.9 I could really use this bell!
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    the sad part about the whole thing with the weekend boxes and the lower odds they bring is that other than maybe getting lucky and pulling the top player, there is no much incentive to keep buying boxes. I mean, the rewards for the weekend event are sooooooo bad, unless your club stays within the top 5. Not really worth it to pull/level-up a player that won't make your team after the event. 
    Like I said, if you are lucky to pull any of the prime players from the boxes (and you have pxp), then great. Otherwise, a waste of gold and resources.