Options

CVC Strategy

retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,857 Posts
Morning, gents. What is everyone's strategy for CVC? I've won high round/mvp only a handful of times when I somehow end up on a long hitting streak, and even then the highest I've scored is maybe 600k for the entire matchup. For those of you scoring in the millions, how are you doing it? I try not to autoplay or spend gold, unless I'm within striking distance of MVP. Do I just need to learn how to hit like a man, or is there something I'm missing? 
"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71

Comments

• Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    I autoplay a majority of my entries, if I am hunting rewards.  If I have a CVC bonus player, I hit him leadoff, and stack my best hitters behind him.  We try to spread out rewards as part of our CVC club strategy, so I usually only push for one MVP/weekend, if that.
  • Options
    Whenever I can, I stack the video bonuses in one entry very early, and again when they reload in 30 minutes.  I try to never spent gold on CVC.
  • Options
    Thank you! I always throw bonus players at the top of the hitting order when I have them as well, but it seems like autoplay wastes that opportunity away. For some reason, 9 times out of 10 I can only use one video bonus at a time and I'll get the "video can't be loaded" message if I try for a second. I guess I'll just have to play with my lineup and give autoplay a chance more often. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    Also, your club sounds awesome! I like my club, but we definitely have the same two players winning the majority of cvc rewards. We're all active, which is what I enjoy, but we don't exactly have any club-wide strategies. 
  • Options
    I haven't tried the subscription, yet.  We do take a dive in the first matchup.  That helps control the scoring going forward.  That way we can pretty-much hand-pick the MVP for future matchups.  Our club is top-heavy right now, so we are trying this to bring help the lower teams.  
  • Options
    Subscription is interesting, but I'm not sure it's for me. Does throwing the first matchup put your club in a lower tier moving forward?
  • Options
    The matchups are determined by the scores you put up in the previous matchup.  If you put up almost not in the first one, you get a lower-ranked opponent the next time.  Scoring just enough to win is also a strategy for a lot of clubs, but you have to remember that the winning club's points are doubled.  That has backfired on me before.
  • Options
    What we try to do is tank the first one, then try to win with the lowest possible score each time from there out.  If we start getting high-ranked matchups, we tank another, and reset.  All of this is for the weekend CVC, btw.  Hard to do it this way in clash and Thursday CVC.
  • Options
    Gotcha, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the help!